Sports Card Collecting.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Has anyone else got back into sports cards in the last few years?
I know its booming due to the pandemic and a ton of other factors but lets talk about it in this thread !
Feel free to post about non sports cards stuff in here as well such as MTG and Pokémon is that is your thing.

I am mainly collecting these players cards but love anything Bills, Jays and Canucks.

Vlady
Bo Bichette
Josh Allen
Jake Cronenworth

I post some cards on twitter from time to time "Nester99"
And also post on Blowout Card Forums.

Where do you read and learn about cards?
What are you into ?
Are you just back into the hobby after a few decades break like myself or did you stick it out?

Do you just collect he big 3 (football, baseball hockey ) or have you tried UFC, Soccer and F1? (i have not)

Post picks of your collection or favorites !

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Have collected since '87 on and off, but started taking it more serious in 2018. Heavily invested in Ohtani currently, has paid off very well for me. By far the main value of my collection is in his cards currently. Did alot of buying while he was injured, so his value gains last season have been great for my collection of his stuff.

My PC is mainly graded rookies of my favorite players, and was never able to afford as a kid.

Few pics, some Ohtani fun, a few Toronto highlights, and one with a few from a recent sub and a RC for #99 I have had for some time.

1640972956464.png

1640972986774.png

1640973008379.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Love the Wayne. Psa 6 is a solid grade for that card!

just started to pick up Cavan to go with my Bo and Vladdys

16986397-D698-4681-9DB3-9A7140935E5D.jpeg

E30EA910-E76D-423C-96B2-1C7828B06970.jpeg

DCDE9434-2D2D-40F5-986E-476E4F17937D.jpeg

3F6EEDFB-92CF-45C8-804E-D8B3A3CDE005.jpeg

• 1Like

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Some nice cards there for sure! 2018 opening that Allen would have been a bit disappointing, now though, great one to pull!

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Have some Optic and Prizm rookies if you're interested. Never subbed, he just wasn't on the radar when I have sent subs in. Some will be included in the next for sure if I don't sell em.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I collected a lot with my dad in the 90s when I was growing up and everything is at his house but will take some pics of stuff when I go there next time. We spent a lot of 2020 organizing, not really capitalizing on the market. He is old school and doesn’t like to get a lot of stuff graded but he gets that’s where the money is at. He’ll always tell me he’s a collector so he kept his Jordan rookie that’s a PSA 8 I think, instead of selling it for like 35k at the peak of the market last year.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I've only ever been interested in Cowboys cards. I have others, but I just stick them in a binder and forget about them. It finally paid off about 3 years ago. Drew Pearson was visiting a dealership in my area and I found a card for him to sign. Got to wear his superbowl ring too. I barely fit on my pinkie.

I should check those other cards and see if they've become valuable with age.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Have some Optic and Prizm rookies if you're interested. Never subbed, he just wasn't on the radar when I have sent subs in. Some will be included in the next for sure if I don't sell em.

i would be interested!

might be fun to see if we can do a trade as well.
Let me know who you might be interested in for trade.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I don't get why people would pay serious money for CC in an age where they can be reprinted for a dime in china.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I don't get why people would pay serious money for CC in an age where they can be reprinted for a dime in china.

Then you don't understand any collecting of any kind I suppose.

Why pay serious money for a civil war musket when an italian sweatshop can make them for $100?

Why pay serious money for the shroud of turin when the chinese can make tablecloths for a few bucks?

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Why pay serious money for a civil war musket when an italian sweatshop can make them for $100?

Why pay serious money for the shroud of turin when the chinese can make tablecloths for a few bucks?
Probably not. But that's not really what I meant, not really a fair comparison. To elaborate: why pay money for cards that can easily be printed and be indistinguishable (!) from the originals. If the goal is for them to have value, the value is zero + printing cost if the're so easily forged as I, perhaps mistaken, think they are now. I'm talking mox, lotus etc. Or perhaps you just like the pretend value as a collector? My friend has a bedroom full of them, stacks on the floor. Do you mean collecting like that, hording levels?
I sold some 40 dual lands, a few moxes and a black lotus with the rest of my junk from lauch to the dark for a few hundred dollars back then. Played with them, had fun before that. Mox sold for 50'ish dollars back then. I get it's all probably worth more than Foler Foler 's Pista now, but I'd never, ever, pay those prices now. Nor do I miss the cards as such.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Besides proxies, printing whatever, there's stuff like discussed here:

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Probably not. But that's not really what I meant, not really a fair comparison. To elaborate: why pay money for cards that can easily be printed and be indistinguishable (!) from the originals. If the goal is for them to have value, the value is zero + printing cost if the're so easily forged as I, perhaps mistaken, think they are now. I'm talking mox, lotus etc. Or perhaps you just like the pretend value as a collector? My friend has a bedroom full of them, stacks on the floor. Do you mean collecting like that, hording levels?
I sold some 40 dual lands, a few moxes and a black lotus with the rest of my junk from lauch to the dark for a few hundred dollars back then. Played with them, had fun before that. Mox sold for 50'ish dollars back then. I get it's all probably worth more than Foler Foler 's Pista now, but I'd never, ever, pay those prices now. Nor do I miss the cards as such.
Lmao bro my Pokémon card collection was worth tenfold your magic collection

• 1Worf

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Those things I named can be counterfeited too. Forgeries are forgeries. I'm sure people try to forge football cards and they get discovered by experts.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Those things I named can be counterfeited too. Forgeries are forgeries. I'm sure people try to forge football cards and they get discovered by experts.
And what's stopping, say, WotC from printing a few oldies but goldies once in a while to mess with the market? I mean, it's just dumb. But okay.