Sports Entertainment

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Jay White debut was dumb as fuck. It might have meant something if Kenny was coming back anytime soon, but he isn't.

Chris

Potato del Grande

If he goes to the WWE, he's a retard. He'll be buried so hard.

Very interesting. Very strange.

I'm glad he's gone, makes space for the new signings and he always had his weird storylines on his own. This also means no Nightmare Family which is a plus.

Must have been last minute for him to not do a proper leaving angle in AEW or show up in the Royal Rumble.

It'll be hilarious if he goes to WWE to get buried, maybe he just wants to be a TV presenter though.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It all seems weird. WHy would he go back? He currently has 2 TV shows on TNT/TBS, why would he compete against himself? Also, He hated the WWE. And has been shitting on them for years. And his school is still the developmental program for AEW. Seems like a work.

SOmeone on Twitter speculated they might be bringing him in as the "new HHH" since he proved his booker role in AEW and HHH has been stricken from the books since his heart attack. Don't see that one either. Unless hes doing a short term program for a Dusty Cup or something

Araxen

I really hope Cody has some guarantees' on that contract.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is going to be pure lulz.

Is there any possible scenario where WWE suddenly changes and either allows Cody to fix their booking or he is a main even star for them?

Who actually is booked well? Reigns/Lesnar and Lynch/Flair?

We get to see every embarassing segment and laugh at it, even better if they put Brandi on screen.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Giving a big name from another country a sack of cash and then dumping them in to the midcard to languish underutilized is one of Vince's signature moves. He's done it for his entire career.

• 1Like

Araxen

Cody was languishing in AEW. He had the wrong kind of heat going. The smart move is to let him re-sign with AEW, and then swipe someone else like Darby or something. Malaki Black's career is saved in AEW with Cody leaving. That feud went on for far to long.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Got his new gimmick right here

1644961319051.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cody was languishing in AEW. He had the wrong kind of heat going. The smart move is to let him re-sign with AEW, and then swipe someone else like Darby or something. Malaki Black's career is saved in AEW with Cody leaving. That feud went on for far to long.
He should have just turned heel and been a megalomaniacal EVP, getting more and more elaborate entrances, obnoxious promos and show matches (which he was kinda accidentally doing anyway)... until he finally lost his grip on reality and challenged for the world title breaking his promise.

Have him lose to Hangman and go through some sort of humbling redemption arc where he learns the error of his ways, puts The Elite back together and then he can be a face again.

This is all too easy, it's what people expected... I guess his ego really is too big to see how obnoxious he is... or the WWE money too large.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He should have just turned heel and been a megalomaniacal EVP, getting more and more elaborate entrances, obnoxious promos and show matches (which he was kinda accidentally doing anyway)... until he finally lost his grip on reality and challenged for the world title breaking his promise.

Have him lose to Hangman and go through some sort of humbling redemption arc where he learns the error of his ways, puts The Elite back together and then he can be a face again.

This is all too easy, it's what people expected... I guess his ego really is too big to see how obnoxious he is... or the WWE money too large.

We watch him slowly become Reign of Terror era HHH.

He could even cut heel promos talking about "Paul" and how "Paul" was right the whole time.

Chris

Potato del Grande
We watch him slowly become Reign of Terror era HHH.

He could even cut heel promos talking about "Paul" and how "Paul" was right the whole time.
It's weird how he took the TNT title off Sammy then gave it back with the inexplicable interim belt for 2 weeks.

It's like the plan was for him to bury Sammy then a bunch of young, popular wrestlers in an inversion of his first run which put a load of unknowns into the spotlight.

But then he cut the "I won't turn" promo and fucked off.

Araxen

It's possible it's a work I guess, but too many of the dirt sheets are reporting on this for it to be a work.

Khan had said in the past that he had options on all the key talent for 2022. Rhodes did have an option year, and possibly a two-year one, so it would have been Khan’s call not to exercise it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Very interesting. Very strange.

I'm glad he's gone, makes space for the new signings and he always had his weird storylines on his own. This also means no Nightmare Family which is a plus.

Must have been last minute for him to not do a proper leaving angle in AEW or show up in the Royal Rumble.

It'll be hilarious if he goes to WWE to get buried, maybe he just wants to be a TV presenter though.

It was last minute indeed, he had a meeting with Khan on Friday to go over his new contract and they couldn't agree on it. TK basically lowballed him and I guess between that and the savage crowd reactions he's been getting, Cody just went "fuck it"

Then again, he did just spend months cutting promos about how he's going to do something "that's never been done before" "instead of turning heel" and "strap yourselves in". So I'm wondering if there's a work component to all of this, not unlike Bischoff firing Pillman for real as part of a future plan only the two of them were in on. There may be more to this that no one is aware of outside of Cody, Brandy, and Tony.

TBH I doubt it though, this really does seem more like things just didn't work out, and all of the weird stuff Cody said during promos was just empty promises.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I really hope Cody has some guarantees' on that contract.

This means WWE's pocketbook is now a fully-armed and operational battle station. If they're willing to shell out ludicrous money for Cody, they'll shell it out for MJF, Wardlow, Jungle Boy, Sammy Guevara, really ANYBODY that AEW is building around, the minute their contracts run out, and now those guys know that.

This whole thing is very, very bad for AEW's future. TK should have moved heaven and earth to keep Cody around just to avoid this sort of wave-effect.

This is going to be pure lulz.

Is there any possible scenario where WWE suddenly changes and either allows Cody to fix their booking or he is a main even star for them?

Who actually is booked well? Reigns/Lesnar and Lynch/Flair?

We get to see every embarassing segment and laugh at it, even better if they put Brandi on screen.

Cody could absolutely result in MUST-SEE shows if WWE writes this halfway competently. Or even a quarter-way competently. This could be an incredible defection that makes the Radicalz look minor. ...if WWE figures out how, because right now they don't know whether to shit or wind their wristwatch.

1644983454258.png

1644983446978.png

*high-pitched screaming*

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
so is this why WWE fired half their roster? to make room for all the people they're gonna steal from AEW?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cody could absolutely result in MUST-SEE shows if WWE writes this halfway competently. Or even a quarter-way competently. This could be an incredible defection that makes the Radicalz look minor. ...if WWE figures out how, because right now they don't know whether to shit or wind their wristwatch.
I just can't see a way.

He isn't going to be beating Roman Reigns or Bobby Lashley right?

So it's midcard title and defending it against midcarders. Wow I can't wait for him to promo against "happy to be here" Nakamura, appear on Miz TV and wrestle Corbin 5 weeks in a row.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Lol imagine firing 20’people to turn around and give 3 million a year to a guy you used to dress like a fucking clown

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users