Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
QT Marshall is the worst wrestler working today, I wish they would get rid of him.

What about Miro instead?

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure a lot more QT is what we're getting. He does a massive amount of work behind the scenes on the production side so he gets thrown a carrot every so often and right now is one of the carrots. Also he invested a ton of money in hair replacement and dental crowns over the last few years (basically re-did everything) specifically 'cause he wants to be The Rock when he wrestles. Like he legit emulates Rock right down to movement and nobody notices cause he isn't interesting enough to pay that much attention to. So the guy's not going anywhere any time soon and probably has a spot at All In. Fuckin' QT.

Miro's too busy banging his wife on an island somewhere

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1681744172800.png

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
Fuck Punk. If he never steps foot in a ring again good. Drama queen bitch butned all his bridges. Let him sleep in the ashes.
I saw some shit on twitter about the new saturday AEW show being punks playground so if hes isolated to his own shit on a day nobody will watch then thats fine lol

Ospreay released a video earlier today about slowing down and while being technically medically cleared hes not ready yet and it'll wont be a "long run" anymore. Sounds like he'll be out of wrestling pretty soon unfortunately

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
great for buzz and pr

bad for fans (and anyone Goldberg is wrestling) most likely

Yeah. If it's mid-show and they give the fans a bunch of bangers by the end, I think all will be forgiven.

They've learned the lessons of WCW and aren't gonna be putting any Leno tag team matches in PPV main events.

I saw some shit on twitter about the new saturday AEW show being punks playground so if hes isolated to his own shit on a day nobody will watch then thats fine lol

Ospreay released a video earlier today about slowing down and while being technically medically cleared hes not ready yet and it'll wont be a "long run" anymore. Sounds like he'll be out of wrestling pretty soon unfortunately

The Ospreay/Omega feud is all about Ospreay grabbing the torch away from Omega, yet Omega is 90% gonna win the overall feud (and has up to now). Doesn't make much sense for minting a new star unless they know Ospreay is winding down.

I wish we'd gotten to see more of WO on the US stage, his AEW appearances might be it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
And here I thought Ted was gonna be the future star of Legacy and Cody was gonna be the job guy.

Well, very briefly

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
New heavyweight belt coming after the draft, whatever brand Roman goes to he stays there, and new belt for the other brand.
Cause he has a contract like MJF, limited fights, good for him bad for business.
Also supposedly CM Punk showed up to chicago arena backstage to see trips and a few other people, and then was ordered by Vince to leave.

Untitled.jpg

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Roman might as well go for Bruno's record now (which means sparse defenses) if there'll be a second title that will actually be defended regularly. However the audience is going to see this as a distant second, unimportant title, as well they should, due to having no lineage and basically being created since no one can beat Roman.

Maybe Brock/Cody can be for this, IDK. Cody winning this relatively meaningless title at this point, though... I think this devalues everyone involved, pretty much. At least it actually looks like a wrestling title and is a step up from WWE's usual belts in the modern era.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Roman might as well go for Bruno's record now (which means sparse defenses) if there'll be a second title that will actually be defended regularly. However the audience is going to see this as a distant second, unimportant title, as well they should, due to having no lineage and basically being created since no one can beat Roman.

Maybe Brock/Cody can be for this, IDK. Cody winning this relatively meaningless title at this point, though... I think this devalues everyone involved, pretty much. At least it actually looks like a wrestling title and is a step up from WWE's usual belts in the modern era.
They should absolutley have it on Roman for a good long while now.

They just need to differentiate the belts.

Have one be the UFC/Boxing style rare defence belt for big PPVs, have one be the every PPV and monthly on TV belt.

Give the new belt to Seth or Cody and have them defend it every week for a while to establish it, then every other week.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Could become like the MJF defends at ppvs only, while Orange Cassidy defends every week just to have a belt defense for the shows. But that's also under one brand, since wwe it's two brands it would still be shitty for one brand that has a champ that only shows up once a month to defend, while the other has a champ that shows up every week. Essentially the heavyweight belts should be defended at ppv's while the inter and us titles are defended every week. There use to be some structure when they had people go through the intercontinental belt before heavyweight, but then they made that worthless when they kept pushing people to heavyweight immediately.

Does anyone really put stock into days held anymore? like ok back in the days of Bruno people were still under the impression wrestling was "Real", these days that illusion is gone and really it's up to the promoter who holds belts to sell merchandise. I'd be impressed with MMA titles held that long, but not wrestling. All that long run says is how much the talent in wwe has been held back behind Roman and his shitty contract, while they work 52 weeks of the year compared to his minimum 12-20 days. Who's bright idea was it to give the bloodline all the belts in the first place, now they're in a position to make a entirely new belt cause they don't want to tarnish Roman in any way, even though technically he's getting stripped of a belt still.

• 1Like