Sports Entertainment

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Collision had a totally different vibe and pacing from Dynamite. It was really refreshing to watch. It's great that Kevin Kelly is doing commentary for this show! He's the best in the business right now I feel.

Great promo by Punk!

For my money it's Ian Riccaboni and Caprice Coleman but yeah it was pretty refreshing. I'd like to see them keep up that style of show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For my money it's Ian Riccaboni and Caprice Coleman but yeah it was pretty refreshing. I'd like to see them keep up that style of show.

Yeah, Collision came out incredibly well on the production side. Basically AEW Raw. Or what Nitro would look like today if WCW had absorbed WWF instead of the other way around.

Being in the United Center helped a ton as well. The next few weeks are going to be in fairly sparse buildings in comparison, as I mentioned before, so production won't be able to go all out.

That aside, the booking and match layouts were in a way that'd appeal to the Cornette types that dump on AEW so much. And, to my surprise, it really worked. I think it's fair to say Collision is actually a successful alternative to Dynamite at this point in time, and not a throwaway Rampage 2.0 type show.

Needless

Toe Sucker
apparently they hit 800k on a saturday but thats the return of the cuck factor, i cant imagine it hits anywhere near that again lol specially anytime theres a real UFC card night

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Collision ratings held in week 2 so they didn't lose any. Wish it had started higher but not losing ground is a big enough win in the current ratings climate of nobody having cable anymore.

Toronto booed Punk out of the building, which...is exactly what most of us predicted. His insane overness in Chicago doesn't mean the rest of the fans forgive him for his behavior. A public apology on tweeter or something probably would have done a lot to fix the negative perception. Takes talent to have a completely one-sided angry feud with Hangman Page of all people for an entire year. One of the most well-liked guys in the business.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Man what a card for tonights show.

Screenshot_20230625_185751_Brave.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Okada/Bryan getting the main event slot

Hope everyone's enjoying this Toronto crowd absolutely shitting all over CM Punk

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Okada/Bryan getting the main event slot

Hope everyone's enjoying this Toronto crowd absolutely shitting all over CM Punk
It was great. Punk reveled in it. He's been a heel most of his career.

First PPV I bought since Punk came back.

Danielson fractured his arm with about 10 minutes left in the match. It might explain why the ending of the match was weird. Kenny/Ospreay was MOTN easily. All the other matches were great except the Jericho/Sting tag match. Hopefully Sting is ok. He took a table spot by accident.

The 10-man match might have been the best multi-man tag match I've seen. It was really good.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Gonna have to find a vod of this, the kenny match sounded like it was great. That tiger drive 91 looked fucking ROUGH though jesus

and to no surprise any of the CM punk footage shows how unfit this guy is for in ring shit, let him be a manager and be done with it. Sting looks more in shape and faster than this guy lmao

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Punk/Kojima was a good match. Saying he has no place in the ring is unfounded.

• 1Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was wrong, Collision viewers didn't hold on Week 2. The estimates and overnights totally collapsed when the actual ratings came in on Monday. It's embarrassingly bad, which is unfortunate because Collision has been very solid...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Pretty bummed LA Knight didnt win MitB but Priest was a good second option.

That Bloodline match was a thing of beauty with one of the best false finishes I can think of off the top of my head....ever.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Pretty bummed LA Knight didnt win MitB but Priest was a good second option.

That Bloodline match was a thing of beauty with one of the best false finishes I can think of off the top of my head....ever.

I'll need to check it out. Glad London is getting some respect as a wrestling city finally. So many cities internationally that would do incredible business for wrestling if anyone would give them a shot.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'll need to check it out. Glad London is getting some respect as a wrestling city finally. So many cities internationally that would do incredible business for wrestling if anyone would give them a shot.

well from the sounds of things last night, Mania will be coming to London at some point.

and yeah the crowd was crazy hot, it made the event much more fun while watching.