Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
we can gen Z this faggoty "PUNK MAKES WORK TOXIC" shit all day

End of the day, hes a bigger star than anyone in the company. This is not debatable. Kenny is an indy and Japanese fan darling and has no main stream appeal or fans.

Punk is worth 10 times his drama in cash and is such a star TNT gets behind them more for habing him.

Perry is a nobody that if he got fired tomorrow the company wont lose a dime. They can call him a pillar all they want. Punks a star. You cant have mid card nobodies going on PP on your biuggest show ever talking shit about your star on camera in a shoot.

Jack can suck it up and apologize, or get fired. Do whatever it takes to keep punk happy. Because if he walks your network shows are fucked.

This would be like if in 1989 Jim Powers or Tito Santana started shit with Hulk Hogan - They would have been never heard from again.

"It's okay to be a jackass literally almost nobody at the company wants to work with anymore, as long as you're a bigger star and make more money"

Also Punk's merchandise numbers and general needle-moving has been extremely low. Not sure how this rumor got started that Punk is dominating the merch sales, because he really isn't.

He hasn't moved the needle nearly enough to offset the drama. The ratings and buyrates were higher before him than they've been since Brawl Out made a mockery of the place.

Don't overthink it. Controversy makes bank in this business.

Much as I'd like it to be a work, it ain't.

AEW might be making bank(s) on something else by the end of the year though

Man punks return to wrestling was a monumental failure

Win title
Vacate after breaking foot diving into crowd
Come back
Win title
Fight the elite
Injured
Come back
One big match
Fight jungle fag
Fired

It was good up until he beat MJF, which was a great feud. Punk won it to become de-facto contender to the world title and then it all went bad from there. What's worse is that MJF was supposed to win the title from Hangman at DoN 2022 and for whatever reason Khan decided to change up his long-time plan and give Punk a run while MJF got squashed by Wardlow.

Once Punk had that title, MJF was never getting his big win.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Payback seemed like an extremely mediocre show. The matches weren't bad, but none of them were hard to predict. The only thing that may have been an "upset" was Judgement Day winning the tag titles, but with KO's injury this wasn't shocking...also that bump he took doing the swanton through the table looked vicious.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
the funniest part is TK was hand feeding this guy every opportunity and he continued to fumble it, such a loser lmao

Probably the very reason he doesn't respect TK.

The fight itself was minor from what I heard (outside of TK feeling unsafe which is a pretty huge detail) but it's like, just kind of straw #58 and it brought everyone out of the woodwork to talk about how much Punk is bringing everything down. I guess a bunch of lawyers reached the final decision and gave TK the recommendation to fire Punk to preserve his locker room's stability. It was an opportunity to fire Punk with cause and avoid any kind of wrongful termination lawsuit from firing him at a later time for something else that might have been less concrete.

Looking forward to everyone getting along in the company like it was before. Then all the people mocking the company for locker room chaos and disharmony can turn around and go back to mocking it for being "all friends wrestling" again.

Payback seemed like an extremely mediocre show. The matches weren't bad, but none of them were hard to predict. The only thing that may have been an "upset" was Judgement Day winning the tag titles, but with KO's injury this wasn't shocking...also that bump he took doing the swanton through the table looked vicious.

I forgot there was a WWE PPV last night. Some of the thunder probably got stolen by AEW "It's Saturday night and we have no idea what that means" Collision.

Kevin and Sami are the main reasons I don't think Punk will land in WWE after this. Also Roman, and Seth, and AJ Styles, and Cody, and... actually pretty much all of the main eventers.

WWE is a publicly traded company that now has an investment juggernaut to please with Embracer, the next Blackrock. Their finances are fine and they have little to gain by bringing in someone who is the modern toxic equivalent of 1998 Mike Tyson. This isn't 1998 and Vince now has people to answer to.

Not sure there's anywhere for Punk to go now, except maybe a New Japan one-off. Far as I know he's got no non-compete, not that it matters.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not sure there's anywhere for Punk to go now, except maybe a New Japan one-off. Far as I know he's got no non-compete, not that it matters.
If the guy wanted to wrestle or had a love of wrestling, he would have been wrestling between WWE and AEW.

It's not like Moxley who is showing up on random indies because he just enjoys it.

Either he had his head turned by the promise of a big payout, or his ego was stoked with the promise of being the big star he always thought WWE screwed him out of.

He's done and this time I don't think anyone will be chanting his name.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
This sign from tonight says it all.

Untitled.png

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This sign from tonight says it all.

View attachment 489254

Drunk rant:

He might have been, but I worry about Collison. It was much better than Dynamite. They actually used tag ropes which isn't a thing on Dynamite at all. It was a huge point of contention when AEW first started too. HOB got very over due to the Collison so die Andrade. Both were kind of lost int he roster shuffle.

I hate the Bucks, but love Kenny. It's those small things that I like. Hearing Dave today, really makes me pissed at Punk. He was handed a shitty time slot but the IWC really liked Collison over Dynamite. It sucks to see this all go down.

There isn't anyone on this earth that will never make me believe the Bucks are GOATS. They are just superkick idiots ruining Shawn Michaels legacy. I hate Shawn too. lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Meh fuck the Bucks, they're michaels imitators trying to have their own version of the kliq, overused superkicks just like the Uso's.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Far as a potential lawsuit goes, when Punk signed some NDA forms about Brawl Out a year ago, he also signed forms saying that he'd be terminated if he did...well...any of the things he's done lately that caused him to be terminated. So he doesn't have a case.

Seeing a lot of people dumping on the Young Bucks or saying "they must be thrilled" and all this other kind of stuff. Nope. The funniest thing about all of the Buck-blaming by the fanbase is that they never actually "had it out" for Punk. For a really long time Punk and Shawn Michaels were their two favorite wrestlers. They were the main ones who pursued Punk and tried to get him to give AEW a chance early on. They're probably more bummed than anybody at how things went.

AEW is no longer going to protect Punk, so look for a lot more negative stories about him to come out now that he's gone and people aren't afraid to speak up. Also AEW itself asked a number of reporters to keep things on the down-low so as not to embarrass Punk or the company itself. Which makes it even more comical how many Punk cultists vehemently believe that AEW leaked things to make him look bad and are now leaking things to hurt his chances with WWE. It was the other way around.

Around 7 out of 8 WWE main eventers don't want him there, his odds of doing anything else aren't very good either way. Fighting Samoa Joe one last time in front of 81,000 people was a pretty damn good way to end a career though. If Punk weren't so opposed to taking bipolar meds, he'd probably be feeling thankful right now that his legacy includes that as a final appearance. Instead I'm sure he's gonna pop off more in the near future and further scorch the earth and his reputation.

If the guy wanted to wrestle or had a love of wrestling, he would have been wrestling between WWE and AEW.

It's not like Moxley who is showing up on random indies because he just enjoys it.

Either he had his head turned by the promise of a big payout, or his ego was stoked with the promise of being the big star he always thought WWE screwed him out of.

He's done and this time I don't think anyone will be chanting his name.

Far as I know, no one substantially chanted his name at All Out.

Pre-Collision it was more or less a 50/50 crowd between pro and anti Punk, and that dwindled down to around 65/35 after Khan talked to the audience before the show started. The 35% got their Punk chants out of their system at that show, then the following night at the PPV none of that negative energy was really apparent. Crowd feeling for AO was more like "we've all had a stressful week, let's just have fun" and have fun they did.

The Miro/Hobbs match was incredibly fun and most of that was because of the crowd reactions to everything. AO turned into a "Raw after Wrestlemania" crowd in the best of ways really.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Drunk rant:

He might have been, but I worry about Collison. It was much better than Dynamite. They actually used tag ropes which isn't a thing on Dynamite at all. It was a huge point of contention when AEW first started too. HOB got very over due to the Collison so die Andrade. Both were kind of lost int he roster shuffle.

I hate the Bucks, but love Kenny. It's those small things that I like. Hearing Dave today, really makes me pissed at Punk. He was handed a shitty time slot but the IWC really liked Collison over Dynamite. It sucks to see this all go down.

Aside from the Bucks-bashing I totally agree. Those guys aren't everyone's cup of tea and it's fine. But yeah, Collision really is the best wrestling show on TV right now and Punk just threw all that away.

He also threw away roughly $25 million that was remaining on his contract if merch sales continued at their current trends. Guy already made more money in two years than he did in his entire WWE run and it wasn't enough for him to just chill the fuck out.

If it helps, a lot of Collision's good aspects weren't Punk, they were contributions from various veterans and agents. Bryan Danielson is the main person overseeing and responsible for Collision's general vibe, and that's gonna continue. I think Bryan will probably also step in and be a "Collision guy" and play the role Punk was playing of being the centerpiece attraction for the show.

So there's a lot of reason to be hopeful that Collision won't lose what made it special.

Needless

Toe Sucker
the bucks can be entertaining but they definitely give off go away heat 95% of the time lol
they already are advertising collision with jay white where punk was so that could be an indicator of who they want to push it? i find jay white to be pretty meh though

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Wat what? I'm saying that WWE is under new ownership and Vince/HHH no longer have final say, and that a large part of why Punk wasn't let go by AEW sooner is that a higher power (Warner Bros) wanted him on-board.

the bucks can be entertaining but they definitely give off go away heat 95% of the time lol
they already are advertising collision with jay white where punk was so that could be an indicator of who they want to push it? i find jay white to be pretty meh though

I think Bullet Club Gold is intended to be a big deal, like possibly top stable. I dunno though. With MJF going face and Adam Cole possibly staying face, there's gonna need to be a new top heel and Jay White might be what TK has in mind.

I'm not real crazy about the Young Bucks as wrestlers either. They're super nice dudes and have done a lot for the industry but I don't really personally get a lot out of their matches.

There's this funny idea among Punk fans that everyone critical of Punk is some sort of "Young Bucks fanboy" and it's kind of comical. I bet the vast majority of the people critical of Punk now are people who enjoy his work much more than they enjoy the Bucks, and almost all of us (including the Bucks themselves) were really happy when Punk first came back.

Needless

Toe Sucker
There's this funny idea among Punk fans that everyone critical of Punk is some sort of "Young Bucks fanboy" and it's kind of comical. I bet the vast majority of the people critical of Punk now are people who enjoy his work much more than they enjoy the Bucks, and almost all of us (including the Bucks themselves) were really happy when Punk first came back.
yeah this is definitely along the lines of the whole cornette vs the elite shit that people eat up lol

if TK was smart, imo he should try and work a deal to get Ospreay full time with options to go do WK/Rev Pro whatever shit he does now. Ospreay could carry almost anybody in that company without a doubt, and is a great heel/tweener.

I dont think ospreay wants to live in the states though so theres a big issue there unfortunately

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Might be an unpopular opinion but I’m not into the Bucks. I read an interview Undertaker gave once and he said “if you’ve seen one of their matches, you’ve seen them all”, and he was right. Their matches are long so they gave get all their moves in and then it’s rinse and repeat every match moving forward.

I like Punk, but he screwed himself and I’m not feeling bad for him at all at this point.

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel BCG is the top stable in AEW. Juice is pretty hilarious and amazing. I just love Jay White. Good on the mic, and in the ring. I fully expect Cardblade to show up in DDT in Japan to do a match eventually. lol

The Gunns somehow have gotten themselves over and work in BCG. I keep hoping Toni Storm joins BCG and gets away from Paige and Ruby.

Needless

Toe Sucker
paige and ruby have to be the biggest why? pickups aew has had and thats including punk lmao, at least there was appeal to punk before he showed he was a clown
ruby is just mind bogglingly bad in every regard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wat what? I'm saying that WWE is under new ownership and Vince/HHH no longer have final say, and that a large part of why Punk wasn't let go by AEW sooner is that a higher power (Warner Bros) wanted him on-board
The sentence I quoted was nonsense, hence the 'wat'. WWE was bought by Endeavor, not Embracer, neither Endeavor nor Embracer are 'investment juggernauts' that could be called 'the next Blackrock', and Vince likely will continue to have final say on basically everything because Endeavor has shown themselves to be very hands off in their ownership of the UFC so far. When the scandal broke about Dana White and his wife slapping each other on New Years Endeavor's stocks took a pretty big hit but not only did they not fire him, they didn't even make a public comment iirc. Just left it up to Dana to handle.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Endeavor's stocks took a pretty big hit but not only did they not fire him, they didn't even make a public comment iirc. Just left it up to Dana to handle.
this is wholly unrelated to everything being talked about and i have NO idea about anything with endeavor as a company or really anything. that being said i really wish more companies were like this. if one of their employees (or whatever you'd call dana white in that relationship) makes a mistake, they didn't out him and go scorched earth in order to show the public how much they are admonishing their behavior, they just kept out of it and let dana handle it.

again, this is without knowing any other history with endeavor or even what they do. if it turns out they fund child sacrifices and cannibalism i totally retract my statement

Chris

Potato del Grande
paige and ruby have to be the biggest why? pickups aew has had and thats including punk lmao, at least there was appeal to punk before he showed he was a clown
ruby is just mind bogglingly bad in every regard
They wasted Ruby Soho, she got a mega pop when she debued (same show as Cole/Danielson right?) and a big boost in presentation with just the entrance music. They should have just pushed her to win the championship right then and there to present her as a big deal.

But she keeps losing so now the Ruby Riott jobber stink is back, except she's the third most important person in a 3 women faction instead of the leader lmao.

Meanwhile the other two Riott Squad members got repackaged in WWE and seem to be doing a lot better?

She's just a very unfortunate plain and boring woman who has loaded up on tatoos and haircuts to compensate for a lack of personality and looks.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The sentence I quoted was nonsense, hence the 'wat'. WWE was bought by Endeavor, not Embracer, neither Endeavor nor Embracer are 'investment juggernauts' that could be called 'the next Blackrock', and Vince likely will continue to have final say on basically everything because Endeavor has shown themselves to be very hands off in their ownership of the UFC so far. When the scandal broke about Dana White and his wife slapping each other on New Years Endeavor's stocks took a pretty big hit but not only did they not fire him, they didn't even make a public comment iirc. Just left it up to Dana to handle.

Thanks for the correction, I can't keep these companies straight and I haven't spent much time looking at the WWE merger situation.

If Endeavor is hands-off, then I don't think there's much chance Punk ends up in WWE. Like I said before, about 7 out of 8 main eventers there don't like him. Roman would (barely) tolerate him for a WM main event type situation but you have people like Seth/Kevin/Sami having open disdain for him and not even wanting to be in the same arena.

They wasted Ruby Soho, she got a mega pop when she debued (same show as Cole/Danielson right?) and a big boost in presentation with just the entrance music. They should have just pushed her to win the championship right then and there to present her as a big deal.

But she keeps losing so now the Ruby Riott jobber stink is back, except she's the third most important person in a 3 women faction instead of the leader lmao.

Meanwhile the other two Riott Squad members got repackaged in WWE and seem to be doing a lot better?

She's just a very unfortunate plain and boring woman who has loaded up on tatoos and haircuts to compensate for a lack of personality and looks.

If it helps, Ruby doesn't like Punk either