Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Kenny is my favorite active wrestler in the world bar none. See him live a few times and you'll get it too. Has this giant aura when he wrestles. I'll grant that a lot of his matches look like a video game battle and this offends the sensibilities of purists. For me though, he's the most entertaining wrestler since 90's Shawn Michaels (who is my favorite of all time, personally).

Everybody should see Omega vs Ospreay from a couple months ago. Stupendous match. And they're likely going to TOP that at FD2. They've both been saying that they held back during the match so they can actually go full-tilt at FD2.

Kenny is so goddamn good that he has to hold back percentages of his ability just to match up with his opponent and not make them look laconic and sloth-like. Guy's over here going at 50% of his true power like a Dragonball Z character.

I'm also biased because he and Cody got me back into wrestling to begin with.

It'll be interesting to see what he decides later this year. He's got two potential roads paved with gold:

A) A guaranteed PPV world title shot (against his bro Cody no less, unless something wacky happens) at Summerslam or Survivor Series, which he'll probably win and then move on to a Wrestlemania main event.
or
B) A match with CM Punk that will set a hands-down buyrate record for AEW.

Either one comes with a $5 million plus contract which isn't too shabby either. Man has no desire to leave AEW, but he's also in rough shape and one casket bump away from his career hitting the rocks. The prospect of working with Cody and being in a WWE main event storyline, at least for a time, is the kind of capstone he might regret not putting on his run.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It'll be interesting to see what he decides later this year. He's got two potential roads paved with gold:

A) A guaranteed PPV world title shot (against his bro Cody no less, unless something wacky happens) at Summerslam or Survivor Series, which he'll probably win and then move on to a Wrestlemania main event.
or
B) A match with CM Punk that will set a hands-down buyrate record for AEW.

Either one comes with a $5 million plus contract which isn't too shabby either. Man has no desire to leave AEW, but he's also in rough shape and one casket bump away from his career hitting the rocks. The prospect of working with Cody and being in a WWE main event storyline, at least for a time, is the kind of capstone he might regret not putting on his run.
How about some trios matches and not wrestling anyone of significance other than in NJPW all year?

He isn't going to WWE after waiting so long to get back to NJPW.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Forget what I said about Kenny vs Punk. I think Punk has alienated everybody in that locker room, as well as most of the current WWE main eventers. Roman, Seth, Kevin, and Sami all don't want him there. His closest thing to an "ally" there is Cody, because contrary to popular belief the Elite guys have never had a bad word to say about him publicly. The Bucks actually love Punk. Hangman wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire, but he doesn't state it publicly because he's got tact.

Punk has torched his big moments/comebacks increasingly quickly, to the point that now he's torched his latest return before it even happened.

And going after Moxley is pretty hilarious. Went after Hangman, one of the most well-liked people backstage in AEW. Then this week I guess he decided to go after Moxley, another guy who is unanimously well-liked backstage. Why not, right?

Guy is probably cooked, and right before he was gonna return too.

At least the Elite apologized to the locker room for last year's brawl debacle, Punk never did.

Fucking sucks because Punk could really be one of the greats, and the leader he thinks he is, if he weren't so goddamn bipolar.

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1679720422908.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I laughed pretty good at the KSI spot.

great match tho, Logan is always great in the ring. This is his last contracted appearance so I hope he signs again.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Culmination of Zayn and KO's year long ROH feud where KO endlessly tormented Zayn who just wanted to be his bro.

30:40 onward is probably the best match ending I've ever seen. "This guy finally wants to be my friend again. Wait, just remembered how he tormented me for a year, fuck him"

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

Culmination of Zayn and KO's year long ROH feud where KO endlessly tormented Zayn who just wanted to be his bro.

30:40 onward is probably the best match ending I've ever seen. "This guy finally wants to be my friend again. Wait, just remembered how he tormented me for a year, fuck him"

el generico didn’t want to be his friend, Sami did.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I watched Paul/Rollins again a bit ago and Logan Paul seriously has no business being as good as he is in the ring. Be it a sign of how seriously he took his training, or being a freak athlete or a combination of both, the dude has yet to disappoint.

I really, really hope he signs another contract.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
I am not a fan of Lesner but got to give him credit for managing to make a match like that look somewhat entertaining.

• 1Like