Sports Rituals

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
We dared to cut up Oakley. I don't know; something about Mason. Oakley looks like he would kick your ass for being a punk and then help you up explaining that he was teaching you a lesson. Mase would would bury your body and leave your middle fingers in a bag outside your mom's place. RIP Mase.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I don't watch the Chiefs game because they lose whenever I do. The ultimate sacrifice.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Respect bro. That's the most selfless act I can imagine.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I transferred my jinx by watching the Blues play while watching the Chiefs game on my phone. The Blues lost, so I hope the procedure is successful.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do a shot of Patron at halftime of every Ravens game.

Sometimes between the 3rd and 4th quarter.

And anytime a game goes to OT.

It's probably more my love of Patron than any ritual but it has, in fact been about a 10 year thing at this point.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a new ritual I started this year. It basically consists of saying "Fuck Brock Osweiler" most of the Texans game.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't appear that wishing good things upon brock is working very well. Maybe you should change it up while they're still in the playoff hunt.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I watch the game with friends and family, we used to only high five for sacks, turnovers and touchdowns. After the year that they lost to the Broncos 51-49 we started high fiving for punts because 3 times that year the other teams punter could have been inactive and not missed a play.

It's all superstitious bullshit, but as long as you know it's bullshit it's fine imo.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stopped wearing my game day jerseys and hats if it's a huge game like Raiders vs Chiefs.

If the other team makes a huge play I'll change the channel for 30 seconds to curse them. I basically pretend I'm the Witch Doctor class from Diablo 3.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Every season I watch the first Cowboys game wearing my officially licensed #48 Johnston jersey.

• 1Solidarity

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I cant wear Hawkeye gear to work, so on Fridays I wear a 15 year old yellow Iowa shirt with my black work button down over the top. Then on game day I start the season with one black Nike GameDay shirt (6 years old at this point) and wear it every weekend till we lose a game, then I have to wear a different black shirt. When watching the games at home I'm usually ok until the end were I have to watch from the kitchen while pacing or doing dishes by hand or we'll lose or I'll have a heart attack, whichever comes first.
On Sundays I make my wife and kids wear green bay shirts or I won't talk to any of them until they change.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I cant wear Hawkeye gear to work, so on Fridays I wear a 15 year old yellow Iowa shirt with my black work button down over the top. Then on game day I start the season with one black Nike GameDay shirt (6 years old at this point) and wear it every weekend till we lose a game, then I have to wear a different black shirt. When watching the games at home I'm usually ok until the end were I have to watch from the kitchen while pacing or doing dishes by hand or we'll lose or I'll have a heart attack, whichever comes first.
On Sundays I make my wife and kids wear green bay shirts or I won't talk to any of them until they change.

Nice. Go Hawkeyes!
Oh...Green Bay? Fuck you.