Spring 2015 Anime Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I just stop watching anime when they cut to filler. I stopped watching Naruto when the great ninja war began, and I won't go back to it until it's complete.

Stopped watching Fairy Tail 2nd season for the same reason.

Shokugeki no Souma with the double cliffhanger. Another week to find out what happened, my balls are blue enough already.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Is it all right to have a fan service episode in a Dungeon?
I'm fine with that, just because Aiz needs more screen time. She's a badass, even while not fighting.
I have a feeling that Bell is going to do something while they're fighting the Goliath in "2 days" to help them win, even though they've beaten him numerous times before.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm starting to lose enthusiasm for Danmachi. Bell is too much of a pussy out of combat. Typical Japanese dickless protagonist syndrome.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm fine with that, just because Aiz needs more screen time. She's a badass, even while not fighting.
I have a feeling that Bell is going to do something while they're fighting the Goliath in "2 days" to help them win, even though they've beaten him numerous times before.
bell oneshots goliath after hermes buffs goliath.

Malkav

French Madman
I'm starting to lose enthusiasm for Danmachi. Bell is too much of a pussy out of combat. Typical Japanese dickless protagonist syndrome.
Really bored with this trope too. The badass protagonist who is totally oblivious/dickless/ridiculous around women.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Shokugeki last ep was the weakest of all. Felt like 10 minutes of every judge saying the exact god damn thing about the food just to waste time for the cliffhanger.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wasn't the most exciting and the humor came entirely from a magical girl reference. However, they usually do the same shit when Soma's dish comes up, and I think this was just a way to say that Shino is at least on par with Soma. Pretty unnecessary, honestly, but that's the most likely reason why it went down like that. But yeah, the weakest episode of the season so far definitely.

With Dungeon, it's just how anime generally does the harem. This show has a harem for Bell, so they gotta have him not be aware/take advantage of the fact and bumble through everything while randomly bumping into boobs/butts/vaginas/etc. Sadly, it just comes with the territory. =/

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Realistically, it would be a boring show if he slayed pussy all day long. Gotta keep him a simpleton that doesn't understand and gets embarrassed easily.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The protagonist needs to be accessible to the target audience. Kids in Japan. Quite a few are very much the passive little betas like Bell. Honestly I find it repulsive for either gender (See: Yamato in My Love Story), but it is what it is.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The protagonist needs to be accessible to the target audience. Kids in Japan. Quite a few are very much the passive little betas like Bell. Honestly I find it repulsive for either gender (See: Yamato in My Love Story), but it is what it is.
Most anime isn't targeted at kids. Danmachi airs at 1:05am in the morning. Anime is targeted at teenagers and young adults with disposable income. Most of the profit in anime comes from related products like DVD's, figurines, collectables.

The real reason for Dickless protagonist syndrome (and the reason that so many lack a personality, think Rito in To Love Ru) - is because Japanese men can easily put themselves in the protagonists shoes. If he's too strong a personality, Japanese men would be intimidated by it. Most Japanese men would act exactly the same way that Bell does in his situation. The Japanese do not do well with sex, like, at all. Also can't be spoiling the innocence of the waifus.

If you're interested in the topic, I recommend2013 NO SEX PLEASE, WERE JAPANESE (This World - BBC2) on Vimeo

I frequently come across people here (especially living so close to Akihabara) who strictly go by the code of 2D > 3D (Animated women > Real Women). Hell sometimes I don't even think they're wrong, Japanese women are Crazy with a capital C.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
2 more episodes left of Kuroko's Basketball. I really like this show. And the animation is top of the line.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll be able to hang out with you again in 1 year, Chysamere! Looking forward to that Ramen again. I found a place in Philly that has really good Miso based Ramen, but it still pales in comparison to that place down the street from your house.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'll be able to hang out with you again in 1 year, Chysamere! Looking forward to that Ramen again. I found a place in Philly that has really good Miso based Ramen, but it still pales in comparison to that place down the street from your house.
That one down the street pales in comparison to the authentic ones from Hokkaido. If you have more time this year, we'll go down toShin-Yokohama Raumen Museum - Englishand hit up Sumire, which is easily the best miso ramen in Japan.

en_shop_7.jpg

We also need to hit that spicy ramen place. Last time I went with ramp, I had kidney pain the next day from how absurdly spicy it was. Ramp was crying and he got a level down in heat than I did.

I took some pictures of him eating it but for some reason he never put them on his facebook...

4864337761_f62cc5f02f.jpg
2015-4-59.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We're actually planning on going on a mini trip to Hokkaido next year while on our vacation, so that works out perfectly.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Where are you guys finding dungeon I checked the usual torrent sites but got pretty much nothing.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Crunchyroll for me. If I can't find something I want there, I just head over to tokyotosho.info and it has basically everything in either raw or subbed form once the translator groups get ahold of it. Also, you probably need to look for "Danmachi" instead of Dungeon, as I think that website puts the names primarily in their romanji type lettering vs. translated.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tried crunchi roll and couldn't stand it. Thanks for the tip tried dungeon and the English translation and got nothing Danmachi worked perfectly