Spring 2015 Anime Thread

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Guys. kissanime.com. HTML5 player even works on PS4.
Works on Wii U too, although I only use it for shows not on Crunchyroll.

Tried crunchi roll and couldn't stand it.
What's not to stand? It's a video player that works like every other streaming website with a video player, except it has an app on most devices.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Shrug, i liked this week's shokugeki. The post credit little 2 min scene pretty much confirmed what i thought, she's going to beat his ass doing a terrine, which is waht she got expelled for.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Works on Wii U too, although I only use it for shows not on Crunchyroll.

What's not to stand? It's a video player that works like every other streaming website with a video player, except it has an app on most devices.
The times I tried it the steaming wasnt that great using the app and my chrome cast. Plus Comercial unless I go pro. Would rather torrent and watch at full 1080p with no commercials and no reliability on stream buffer

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I have like 14 free passes to Crunchyroll if anyone wants them. I'm not sure how long the pass lasts...maybe like 48 hours or something. But, they keep giving the free passes like candy.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Double check that, you likely only have 3-4 passes active while the rest expired.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Whoops. You're right. I have a shit ton of notifications but 4 active guest passes. So, if anyone wants one, let me know. ;-p (For that matter, if anyone needs an IPT invite, let me know lol)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Crunchyroll is another one of the asshole websites who just block you from seeing anything on their website, even their news and forums etc if you live in Japan, so fuck em.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I stopped torrenting Anime because it was just taking up too much storage and I very rarely want to watch an anime again, I still have like 5 TB of anime from the 00s and early 10s I need to delete. There are a few exceptions (the best ones) that I have downloaded and kept.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I usually download. Watch and delete unless it is great or I want to make the kids watch it when older like dbz or Gundam

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saved both seasons of Gundam Build Fighters. A few other shows too, just because of how much I liked them. Usually watch and delete though.

Fadaar

That guy
I keep current shows in their entirety until the end of the season. I only keep ones that either I might rewatch myself, or would recommend to a friend for ease of sharing it with them.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crunchyroll is another one of the asshole websites who just block you from seeing anything on their website, even their news and forums etc if you live in Japan, so fuck em.
Not really their fault, it's just licensing agreements. Crunchyroll is the best site I've found so far. Between them and Funimation you can stream just about everything each season. I hardly torrent at all anymore.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Not really their fault, it's just licensing agreements. Crunchyroll is the best site I've found so far. Between them and Funimation you can stream just about everything each season. I hardly torrent at all anymore.
They have a licensing agreement to block their forums and news, and give a giant splash screen about it every time I go to their website because I live in Japan?

I'd understand if they were just blocking their content but they go above and beyond.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They have a licensing agreement to block their forums and news, and give a giant splash screen about it every time I go to their website because I live in Japan?

I'd understand if they were just blocking their content but they go above and beyond.
Well they are just trying to let the anime companies know that they (crunchyroll) are doing everything in their power to uphold the licensing agreements. Otherwise those greedy japanese will just say fuck you, you fuck with our dvd sales!

Plus i'm sure the amount of ppl who want crunchyroll in Japan is minimal aside from a few expats like yourself or US army guys, I mean crunchyroll is just putting up a big front, that a simple 5$ a month US proxy will fix.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah Crunchyroll is like the sole legit streaming website out there - they send part of your sub fee directly to the anime production companies in Japan - it's one of the few ways to support the industry outside of buying DVDs direct from Japan. In return they get raws and scripts ahead of time to do translations - of course then the other streaming sites just rip them off but that's how it goes.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Today's DanMachi really felt like a filler episode. I don't care about him getting into fights with the other adventurers... As far as naked chicks, I don't mind. It is what it is.

Fadaar

That guy
I did like how it was handled differently than most of those type of scenes -- four of the girls either didn't give a shit or wanted him all up in their business. Nice change of pace from most shows where it's nothing but shrieking Japanese girls (shit hurts my fucking ears) and punches.