Spring 2024 Anime Thread

Szlia

Just got back from the theater to see the Gundam Seed Movie.
Obviously it is better if you have seen the show and the previous movies, but can it be seen as a stand alone movie? I recently saw Cucuruz Doan's Island and Hathaway that both fit in a longer continuity but both also work as stand alones.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Obviously it is better if you have seen the show and the previous movies, but can it be seen as a stand alone movie? I recently saw Cucuruz Doan's Island and Hathaway that both fit in a longer continuity but both also work as stand alones.
It does do some explaining in the beginning but knowing who the characters are and their situations will be lost on you. If I'd never seen the series before I'd say it's not a stand alone. It's a direct sequel to the 2 series.

Only Seed and Seed Destiny. Not any of the other series.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Slime, Misfit, and Irregular day. My body is ready for Rimuru and Hinata reunion they keep talking about, but the build up is taking waaaaaaaaaaaay the fuck too long.

This week's Konosuba was just great. The comedic timing is impeccable. God damn I am so happy this show is back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Slime, Misfit, and Irregular day. My body is ready for Rimuru and Hinata reunion they keep talking about, but the build up is taking waaaaaaaaaaaay the fuck too long.

This week's Konosuba was just great. The comedic timing is impeccable. God damn I am so happy this show is back.

Konosuba is one of those shows you forget just how great it is til it's airing again

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Raja is dumb, why do they even have adults in this show?
It's so confusing. The main guy just cowers and runs away from most things but clearly he is involved in some way. His brother(?) seems more involved than he is. The adults tend to rely on the students for almost everything. To be fair it's not really a new concept, hello My Hero Academia. Is that what it is, MHA with dragons? It's quickly becoming hard to care either way. Anyhow..

We may finally get the fight in Wind Breakers we want in just one or two more weeks.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With a minimal amount of googling it seems the Raja MC is quite useless for the first couple story arcs. Literal hard carry idiot.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Slime better fuckin pay off next week - all this sitting down and discussion shit for this much of the season is mindboggling - I am aware of the lore some so i know whats to come but ffs this shit is dragging.

Daleth and Alice for best waifu's of 2023 and 2024.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Slime better fuckin pay off next week - all this sitting down and discussion shit for this much of the season is mindboggling - I am aware of the lore some so i know whats to come but ffs this shit is dragging.

This.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, exposition and character development makes for a better story but it's gotten way too long in the tooth

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yea, exposition and character development makes for a better story but it's gotten way too long in the tooth
I completely disagree. I think exposition as a form of visual story telling sucks. Slime has always been heavy handed on the exposition, and I've never liked it as much as some people here seem to. That said, this season has definitely upped those rookie numbers to the next level. They've spent like 7 episodes in the same room, lol.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It's hard to go back to some of the worst sorry telling after witnessing some of the best ever made last season (Frieren)

Slime is just a very boring mid tier show.

Always has been meme.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's hard to go back to some of the worst sorry telling after witnessing some of the best ever made last season (Frieren)

Slime is just a very boring mid tier show.

Always has been meme.jpg
Oh yeah that's a fair comparison. Slime is usually pretty damn funny, I have no fucking idea why they insist on dragging down the good parts of the seasons with these long unbroken blocks where they just vomit out bland exposition for multiple episodes at a time without a break. I mean even if it's just goddamn filler please break up the monotony with something. Hell throw in some of the plot from the Slime mobile game (I think Rimuru has a daughter) and make it into a goddamn dream sequence if you want to keep it non-canon. Shit I don't care if it's basically just an episode long advertisement for the mobile game as long as it alleviates the boredom.

There's no fucking way the manga would have gotten as popular as it did if the mangaka told the story in such a boring way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user