Standing Desk

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm into ergonomics, i got me an ergo chair, monitor arms, keyboard arms, a true ergonomic kinesis keyboard, and heck b4 that i built my own ergo keyboard.

I also used to work retail.

FUCK STANDING DESKS, you can quote me when i say standing desks are for retards, there is no benefit to getting blood clots in your fucking ankles.

Seriously, standing desks are a fad, just like using dumbass fucking bouncy balls for desks and shit.

There is no benefit to standing, looking like a moron when you can find a nice chair.

Now a trendmill workstation, yea, that has benefits, walk why you type, sure, but just standing around like a fucking moron? no standing desks are for retards who got a fat ass from 8hrs of fat ass sitting.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
i have 2 people on my team w/ back issues that have to stand. they can lay down or stand, not sit. both use standing desks at work, one has a ghetto setup at home as well. instead of standing desks, has anyone tried those kneeling chairs?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any fuckwit who gets some kneeling chair will have to change the desktop wallpaper to Zod. Or be fired.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Kneeling chairs are surprisingly comfortable. I jacked up my back several years ago pretty bad, and had to use one for a couple months. They're legit, and crazy cheap too, I think I got one for like $30 at OfficeMax. I would have kept using it long-term if I didn't have to explain what it was to every goddamn customer that came into my office, 10 times a day.

Was basically this, but all black
wing-kneeling-chair-large.jpg

Or you could just say "fuck it" and go into 100% Matrix Hawking-mode with something like this
posture_kneeling_chair.jpg

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Fuck all y'all I got the Varidesk pro 48 and love it. I was using a ghetto setup prior and enjoying it, so this is a dream.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It kind of looks like if her knees slid down a bit she might fall in a really hilarious fashion

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I guess I'm just gonna have to shave off years from my life that I would most likely end up shitting my diaper and eating apple sauce. Until I depart I will enjoy working while sitting on my ass.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Milligan-Morgan haemorrhoidectomy. Most prefer to stand for several weeks after. Same with stapling and banding. Standing desks have its usages.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"Sitting is the new smoking", i'm sure you heard that before. It's no secret that sitting for several hours causes heavy stress on your body, because of nasty blood sugar spikes. I doubt that just standing will help much, however if you work an office job, you should try and move every once in a while. Like walking up and down a staircase only 2-3 levels every hour will lower your blood sugar level considerably. There are many articles on this all over the web and they say pretty much all the same. You should look it up.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
That's half the draw of the standing desk - I find myself walking around much more often.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
One of the chemists at my company uses one and he looks like a host at restaurant, waiting to seat people.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
"Sitting is the new smoking", i'm sure you heard that before. It's no secret that sitting for several hours causes heavy stress on your body, because of nasty blood sugar spikes. I doubt that just standing will help much, however if you work an office job, you should try and move every once in a while. Like walking up and down a staircase only 2-3 levels every hour will lower your blood sugar level considerably. There are many articles on this all over the web and they say pretty much all the same. You should look it up.
Are these spikes from eating or simply just sitting around?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Ok, I've replaced my water with beer. Now what?