Star Trek - The Beyonder

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Star Trek II was on the BBC network the other day and took the opportunity to watch it for probably the 50th time. Still think the Enterprise/Defiant space battles are the best filmed sci-fi combat scenes of all time, even now 30+ years later. There's something to be said for the old "model" based filming vs CGI in that there's a level of detail and realism that CGI can't capture.

The new star trek movies don't do it for me.. They just feel like emotionally empty 2 hour lens flare CGI slugfests.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Star Trek II was on the BBC network the other day and took the opportunity to watch it for probably the 50th time. Still think the Enterprise/Defiant space battles are the best filmed sci-fi combat scenes of all time, even now 30+ years later. There's something to be said for the old "model" based filming vs CGI in that there's a level of detail and realism that CGI can't capture.

The new star trek movies don't do it for me.. They just feel like emotionally empty 2 hour lens flare CGI slugfests.
I agree. Same thing with Star Wars. I feel the models used in the original trilogy look a million times better than the CGI of the prequels. Star trek 2 isn't just one of the best sci fi movies of all time, it's one of the greatest movies of all time, period.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh boy, Cranston could by now pass as todays Cristopher Lloyd.
So evil klingon commander confirmed.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I could picture him as Romulan, especially going "it's a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake"

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, cmon, I had written off this shitty reboot after the last movie. Don't make me interested again.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A coherent script, or the lack thereof, was main problem with the last movie.

Pegg does great action comedies. I haven't seen nearly all his work, are there examples of him doing good action sci-fi?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Into Darkness was so disappointing that I'm having a hard time caring about this, and I am an avid Trek fan.

Please please please create an original story worthy of the franchise instead of rehashing old themes.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I enjoyed Insurrection and Nemesis far more than Into Darkness, but I liked the first JJ reboot more than most of the prior films.