Star Wars Battlefront II

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It’s quite evident that EA was trying to maximize profit margins through creative pricing with this game. They employed a risky strategy, and it didn’t pay off. This can happen in the business world, especially when you push the envelope with pricing models.

Nothing about this game is poorly produced. That’s simply not an accurate assessment of the situation at hand.

With all the bugs, and you staying yourself the only reason you are playing is for the space combat, and the ground game sucks, I’d say your reply is not an accurate statement. I get why they did it. They, and others, do it because their games suck balls (normally) and they cannot sell it based on its own merits. It’s EA. That’s a fact. Anthem will blow just as much balls. And we saw what they did with the ME IP. They need to die as a company and/or restructure.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dis

Confirmed Male
Creative pricing? You need to get a job at EA in Marketing, you're exactly the type of person they're looking for.

Most of the other people on planet Earth would call their pricing approach unethical.

Unethical? Please explain this one to me. LOL you guys are so fucking demented. Look I agree it is a money grab, but it is a business, that is what they do. I do not see how it is unethical though, I dont think you know what that word even means.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Unethical? Please explain this one to me. LOL you guys are so fucking demented. Look I agree it is a money grab, but it is a business, that is what they do. I do not see how it is unethical though, I dont think you know what that word even means.

We already proved why this is unethical based on definitions nine pages ago.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Dis

Confirmed Male
With all the bugs, and you staying yourself the only reason you are playing is for the space combat, and the ground game sucks, I’d say your reply is not an accurate statement. I get why they did it. They, and others, do it because their games suck balls (normally) and they cannot sell it based on its own merits. It’s EA. That’s a fact. Anthem will blow just as much balls. And we saw what they did with the ME IP. They need to die as a company and/or restructure.

As much as it pains me to say, Ut is right. There is nothing ground breaking about this game at all. They took the very BASICs of Battlefield mechanics, made it with pretty graphics and sounds, then slapped it together. I cant even for sure know they intended for the StarFighter portion to be as good as it is, and it is very good IMHO. Ground breaking would be have been somehow combining the two modes into one big battle. Achieving sub objectives in one part of the game, EG ground, affects the other in a significant way, and lets not forget the very basics like getting into a prone position, destructible environments, huge maps that are open and dont make you feel claustrophobic. The list could go on.

I am perfectly OK with loot crates in or out, doesnt bother me. But they should have delivered an AAA game to go with it. Especially with such a huge IP, it deserves better.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Dis

Confirmed Male
I would say the ONLY thing that EA has done that would constitute a breach of consumer eithics is changing the rules of how loot crates work literally right before launch, then claiming once the game has launched they are going to rework crates again.

If you didnt participate in this bit, then nothing unethical has happened to you.

• 1Barf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If they wanted to be ethical about their process here in the sale of the game, on the back of the box they mention the game was been stalled artificially behind a paywall to ensure customers consider buying more leveraging the online store to get passed the artificial barrier. That barrier is hidden as well. Star cards. Hero’s. All bullshit deflections. The real artificial grind is crafting parts and components to get the epic cards to begin with.

They knew exactly what they were doing with the planned backtracks. Only when it exploded in their face and Disney got pissed do they “delay” it until they bring it back, the same fucking way it was before because the entire model was designed this way and there is zero turning back. That is unethical. The lies are unethical. It’s an unethical business practice. Period.

Where the fuck am I that I have to type this out? Fucking neo gaf?

• 1Like

Dis

Confirmed Male
/rollseyes

UT how many CoD or Battlefield games have you played. Seriously, artificial grind? This is the same shit as every other game DICE has made, except they put in a "pay to skip the grind" or "pay to be a bit better now" in.

Did they totally miscalculate this as far as implementation and game testing? LOL Yes. Do you want to say the game is unimaginative, unoriginal in game design, and only on part of the game is worth even part of the purchase price? I 100 percent agree with you on that part, but saying it is unethical is jihadist over the top BS. Stop.

Unethical is what happened to me. I bought EA game cards in anticipation of crates, they changed how loot crate works right before the release of game. I buy said crates, discover how totally worthless the crates are, then they stop selling crates and claim they are going to redo how they work. And who knows what the fuck that means. What they should have done is refunded all the money for people who bought crates, returned all said starcards and figure out their fucking game. Like I said before, if you didnt participate in this, YOU LITERALLY HAVE NOTHING TO BITCH ABOUT OTHER THAN THE GAME IS ABOUT 60% SHIT.

Look, I am blessed to make enough money where 120 bucks budget wise is literally buying a Happy Meal for some folks. Does it suck that I lost the money? Yeah, but shit happens. I have had other companies do much worse and me lose more money due to said incident. My resolution to this whole thing is not spend anymore money with EA, which I told them direct. Hey they fucked up. I spend money on my hobby, they lost a high end customer. There loss, not mine.

• 5Picard
Reactions: 4 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
/rollseyes

UT how many CoD or Battlefield games have you played. Seriously, artificial grind? This is the same shit as every other game DICE has made, except they put in a "pay to skip the grind" or "pay to be a bit better now" in.

Did they totally miscalculate this as far as implementation and game testing? LOL Yes. Do you want to say the game is unimaginative, unoriginal in game design, and only on part of the game is worth even part of the purchase price? I 100 percent agree with you on that part, but saying it is unethical is jihadist over the top BS. Stop.

Unethical is what happened to me. I bought EA game cards in anticipation of crates, they changed how loot crate works right before the release of game. I buy said crates, discover how totally worthless the crates are, then they stop selling crates and claim they are going to redo how they work. And who knows what the fuck that means. What they should have done is refunded all the money for people who bought crates, returned all said starcards and figure out their fucking game. Like I said before, if you didnt participate in this, YOU LITERALLY HAVE NOTHING TO BITCH ABOUT OTHER THAN THE GAME IS ABOUT 60% SHIT.

Look, I am blessed to make enough money where 120 bucks budget wise is literally buying a Happy Meal for some folks. Does it suck that I lost the money? Yeah, but shit happens. I have had other companies do much worse and me lose more money due to said incident. My resolution to this whole thing is not spend anymore money with EA, which I told them direct. Hey they fucked up. I spend money on my hobby, they lost a high end customer. There loss, not mine.
Claims to make good money. Doesn't know the difference between their and there

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Confirmed mop bucket guy. Maybe one day you will move up to peeling lettuce. GOALS SON!
I'm not sure how your income correlates to you not knowing how to manage finances.

You can be hand to mouth, and still shove handfulls of cash toward EA.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Dis

Confirmed Male
Why so angry? Because you can't pay your way to a 1.0 k/d in a shitty shooter?

Damn man, I was just throwing shit on a wall, see what sticks. You really do mop floors for a living.

@ghsurik - true, but in the context of this troll conversation with threadshitter, not relevant. And I am not sure where I said I cant manage my finances? If you want to have a conversation about who pays for loot crates in general, fire away.

• 3Salty

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Look, I'll pay $120 for a game, but you're going to have to put out something BETTER than a $60 game and fuck no, more vertices and pixels DON'T count.

The reason game prices haven't gone up is because it's filled with more and more bullshit rather than content. EA hasn't said 'look, we know its a first but this $75 Battlefield: 1944 has 50 maps and a grand european campaign and is the BEST battlefield experience yet!'. Instead they say 'fuck, this shit is more expensive... ok time to phone it in'.

Inflation only tells half the story. Most players don't really care about the Michael Bay trailers and Kevin Rapey character provided the game is solid. Instead, they are trying to blockbuster video games and jacking up prices with needless bullshit. When push comes to shove, indie games are the better value because to the surprise of no one, they actually tend to have MORE CONTENT PER DOLLAR.

If you want to play with $300M blockbusters, show up like Marvel and not like DC.

Also, how could Blizzard afford OW at $40? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................... curioser and curioser.

• 2Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Ok just so we're clear: Two people buy loot crates

1. Casuals
2. People who get suckered by flashing lights and loud noises

1 and 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Damn man, I was just throwing shit on a wall, see what sticks. You really do mop floors for a living.

@ghsurik - true, but in the context of this troll conversation with threadshitter, not relevant. If you want to have a conversation about who pays for loot crates in general, fire away.
Idiots. That is who pays for loot crates. Morons if it is a full price game to begin with

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dis

Confirmed Male
God guys, you two are deep thinkers. Honest question, what do you two Einsteins do for a living, you have me actually curious.

Edit: Also, Ut. Holy shit, you have to be well over 50 now. Did you point your cane at your PC and yell "damn kids" after you hit the POST REPLY button? lol

Last edited:
  • 2Salty
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users