Star Wars Rebels

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
monkey tailed owl looks like vergere to me. I doubt like hell they'll bring her back in new canon, but when those images were first done, I think EU was the official canon, wasn't it?.

You mean the convor? I don't think so. At least not this specific one. It showed up in S2 of Rebels so they probably started pre-production on the visuals after the decision to can the old EU was made internally at Lucasfilm. And the Twilight of the Apprentice episode contained another visual clue linking it to the Mortis story arc as well:

alters.jpg

The alters that held the dagger and the Sith holocron.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
FYI the finale is airing early (or late, depending on how you typically watch it); 11:00 AM Saturday morning and encored throughout the day. The early on demand/app streams aren't available per usual with the finales.

But that's not to say it's not already out there ...

Thrawn got his moment to shine but none of his strokes of genius seemed all that impressive. He didn't even manage to dispose of Kallus once he had him firmly in hand. So in the end the rebels loose some ships, a bunch of randoms, their base, and Sato.

Thrawn failed in his objective but I guess he can take consolation in that it took an impressive showing by the Bendu to deny him an overwhelming victory. One interesting thing about the ending was the Bendu vanishing after Thrawn shoots him. That's gonna open up comparisons to Ben's body disappearing when Vader killed him and discussion about the possibility that the Jedi aren't the only ones able to manifest themselves as force ghosts after death but that "grey" types can as well.

This was easily the weakest of the finales but I guess that's fitting for what I think is also the weakest of the show's 3 seasons. I've re-watched Twilight of the Apprentice several times since S2 and I've binged all of S1 beginning to end a few times. This finale isn't even the strongest episode of the season and doubt I'll ever be re-watching it. It's not bad it's just more of a once you've seen it you're good type of episode.

About Thrawn shooting the Bendu, wasn't there a scorchmark on the ground that implied he vanished before the blaster shot hit, or wasn't even there except in Thrawn's head?

And about that spoiler picture for season 4, do mandalorians as a people exist in the classic time line? Maybe we open season 4 with the Empire wiping them out except for scattered, individual survivors.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

About Thrawn shooting the Bendu, wasn't there a scorchmark on the ground that implied he vanished before the blaster shot hit, or wasn't even there except in Thrawn's head?

And about that spoiler picture for season 4, do mandalorians as a people exist in the classic time line? Maybe we open season 4 with the Empire wiping them out except for scattered, individual survivors.

I think we should be fine w/o spoiler tags at this point.

I believe there was a scorch mark there yes. Being able to vanish like that is an ability they hinted at a couple of times during the season though it was never when someone was looking right at him so you can't know for sure. Other than that it could a case similar to when Vader killed Ben in ANH; his body vanished before the blow landed but he was still dead.

I think the Mandalorians were around during the OT era though they were largely pacified by the Empire. I'm not a big Mando fan so I don't know much of their history outside of what was shown in The Clone Wars and Rebels, so I could be wrong about that.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
And about that spoiler picture for season 4, do mandalorians as a people exist in the classic time line?

By classic timeline, do you mean the old EU, what they're calling the legends timeline now? Yes they did but they were not organized during the time of the original trilogy. They had no leader. I can't remember if they had been beaten by the empire, if the individual clans just allied with the empire. There was a story line where the empire created a virus that attacked Jango's genetics and released it on mandalore in order to kill off the clone troopers who had resettled there and begun to bring the clans together.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
A friend convinced me a couple months to watch The Clone Wars series, and after being surprised by how good that (mostly) was, I decided to give rebels a shot. I just finished it tonight after binging all 3 seasons and I have to say I was completely blown away by how good it was. Especially the last 3 episodes of the season. I really enjoyed the finale to the Maul arc especially and thought it was done really, really well. I found that some people were disappointed by the lack of epic duel, but I think it was done perfectly to show how Kenobi is just beyond that, and how his powers are so vastly beyond Maul's at this point in time.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next season and seeing where they go with it, especially with regards to the two jedi, since they obviously aren't around during the OT. I'm really wondering what they do with them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I'm definitely looking forward to the next season and seeing where they go with it, especially with regards to the two jedi, since they obviously aren't around during the OT. I'm really wondering what they do with them.
Happy ending, they go into hiding with Zeb and the other Lasat in the 'Maw' with a hint that Hera can still visit with them.

Not so happy ending with a cameo chance, Kanan dies and Ezra shows up in the new Trilogy somewhere.

Sad ending, both Jedi die, or a Spirit Wolf guides them into the living Force.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Happy ending, they go into hiding with Zeb and the other Lasat in the 'Maw' with a hint that Hera can still visit with them.

Not so happy ending with a cameo chance, Kanan dies and Ezra shows up in the new Trilogy somewhere.

Sad ending, both Jedi die, or a Spirit Wolf guides them into the living Force.

I forgot about the Lasat secret planet, good point. It would be kind of weird for Ezra to suddenly show up in the new trilogy after disappearing for like 35 years, but if they did it right it'd definitely be cool. I wouldn't be surprised if Kanan dies though, he's definitely got that feel for me where he's going to make some tragic last stand to save Ezra/The Rebellion from certain doom. I just saw the season 4 trailer too, that was crazy good. I'm also hoping they keep up these starwars tv shows in some form, both this and clone wars have been amazing and I'd hate to lose the story telling potential.

Royal

I'm also hoping they keep up these starwars tv shows in some form, both this and clone wars have been amazing and I'd hate to lose the story telling potential.

They've had another animated series in the works for a few months now though they haven't formally announced anything about it yet.

And there's the Freemakers if you can enjoy your Star Wars with some comedic flare.

Royal

Dave Filoni decided to go ahead and spill some beans about Ahsoka:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Not many beans spilled.. It maybe/maybe doesn't shoot down a theory which was based on pretty thin evidence as is. Very Dave Filoni.

Royal

It maybe/maybe doesn't shoot down a theory which was based on pretty thin evidence as is.

Hehe .. you just described pretty much every fan theory regarding anything in the franchise. I think it puts it squarely to bed though.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
can someone move the picture away from the words for me? thx

Royal

Yeah it's annoying the way he posted that. If you go to the twitter post itself then click on the worded image you can see it by itself. I tried linking them separately but it kept posting the entire thing.

edit: Found it where someone else had it separated as a screen cap.

TExt-768x229.jpg

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Thanks. I suck at twitter I guess. I tried to go to the twitter post but it looked the same.

Royal

This is a good little exchange. It's a shame it didn't make it's way into the show. It could have used more of those types little moments and seeing Kanan getting some training would have been a rare treat. Though that would have been in S2 I suppose, which was pretty strong as it was.

It's fitting that Ahsoka, even though she didn't consider herself to be a Jedi and that her days of being a part of it are behind her, still wished well for the remnants of the Order that expelled her.

Text-1.jpg

ahsoka_kanan.jpg

Last edited:

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Awesome... some sexy x-wings in there! Maybe Rebels can make Rogue One seem better.

• 1Solidarity