Star Wars : Rogue One

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm not seeing any Bothans in that picture.

Will we finally find out how many?

Cybsled

Based on the screams at the end, there are at least half a dozen dead Bothans!

Xevy

Log Wizard
The director of this (I think) said the movie is basically about how the Jedi were supposed to be the saviors of truth and justice, but they're not there. It's just normal people fighting and dying all while the absence of a Jedi savior hangs over everyone. Sounds awesome. I almost wish Vader shows up for one scene and just wrecks stuff.. but not really. It'd be awesome to have the Rebels finally winning and then Vader just comes in and is unstoppable death and carnage. Then he just gets in a shuttle and takes off while the Rebels just sulk and lick their wounds.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hope Vader shows up and personally slays at least 20 Bothans.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The director of this (I think) said the movie is basically about how the Jedi were supposed to be the saviors of truth and justice, but they're not there. It's just normal people fighting and dying all while the absence of a Jedi savior hangs over everyone. Sounds awesome. I almost wish Vader shows up for one scene and just wrecks stuff.. but not really. It'd be awesome to have the Rebels finally winning and then Vader just comes in and is unstoppable death and carnage. Then he just gets in a shuttle and takes off while the Rebels just sulk and lick their wounds.
Further illustrating how shitty the prequels were, I'm not sure how that makes sense. The entirety of the prequels they were basically "lol we ain't soldiers but I guess we can direct traffic and deflect laser bullets". It just doesn't make sense what maybe one or five dudes per planet is going to do vs crime much less full on war. The Jedi really didn't do anything practical for the average Joe in the movies they kind of just whined a lot and prayed to force jebus in their tower. They were pretty much a cross between the UN and the Catholic church in all the wrong ways. So if all the EU shit is gone that said otherwise...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
One of the season 6 post-cancellation stories of Clone Wars detailed how close Order 66 came to being exposed before Movie 3. Was a pretty good story, even if you knew they would fall short of discovering it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
There were 10,000 Jedi at the time of the prequels, so I guess there were about ten billion clone troopers and a goddamn amazing number of droid factories shitting out enough metal cannon fodder to build a thousand Death Stars, all fighting roughly 5,000 simultaneous battles across space. (since we only ever see 1-2 Jedi at any given battle)

Within 20 years the Jedi were all dead.

Not bad work from Palp considering the galaxy had been a peace for thousands of years and then *poof*.

ronburgandy.jpg

I guess not having Jedi on the battlefield means they are going for a sort of WW1-esque vibe where weapons are so powerful and tactics so outdated that war is an absolute meat grinder. Plus, don't forget the major switch from clones/droids battling it out (who gives a shit?) to real people fighting and dying and shitting their pants throughout. Maybe we'll even get a bone tossed in as to why Stormtroopers went from clones of the most badass warrior in the galaxy to a bunch of inept conscripts (saving money as resources shifted to Death Stars?)

Given the time period, they could have cameos from anyone or no one. But they could do all kinds of things to bridge the gap between the shitquels and the originals. Robot vs clone was cartoon violence, now they are fighting real war.

Caliane

yeah. finding a "good" reason will be a bit hard.
most explanations kindof require a clone trooper genocide.. which, you'd think would be something mentioned. This is particularly true the more clones are treated like humans.
The best explanation probably is that. clones had this middle ground between the droids and humans. we already know the Empire, and "humans" in Starwars are a bit xenophobic, as well totally enforce slavery on the droids.
Troopers start demanding to be treated like humans. real humans won't have any of it, and have them all wiped out. Same way any droid demanding rights is.

Can be played in two ways. 1. helmets etc... general public may not even know about it. 2. everyone is a racist and really doesn't consider clones human, so don't give a shit. just like they don't give a shit about wiping droids memories, etc.

The formation of the Rebel Alliance can act as a cover for the need to conscript more troopers, and keep the galaxy at war to justify the need for such a military.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So this will be the story of the people who got the info on the Death Star weakness right?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The clone wars cartoon talked about the sheer amount of resources needed to raise the clones into a fighting force and it was bankrupting the republic, which was part of palpatines plan. Now that the republic is gone, he doesn't need any new clones. So he just waits for them to die off and replaces then with discount rent a cops. He doesn't need elites en masse, he needs bodies to stand there and be intimidating behind the face of the empire.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Battle droids don't have the force flowing through them.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Battle droids don't have the force flowing through them.
because they don't have veins
frown.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Clone Wars / Rebels spoiler:
The clones do not appear to have aged well so they likely weren't meant to have full life spans, but they are bringing back 3 stormtrooper clones from Clone Wars who specifically removed their inhibitor chips.
MneCV7f.png