Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Not feeling the BB-8 craze. It feels too gimmicky. Much like the C1-10P where they had to put small arms on it to emphasis that it can be useful and add the extra level of emotion vs actually being more constructive with what they have with an astromech style unit.

Keep thinking I am watching Bender from Futurama.

CA6.gif

The Rebels cartoon is a pita to watch, its like how many morals (Afternoon specials) can we fit into 1 cartoon and be blatant about it! Wouldn't be too bad if it didn't feel like someone cramping it down your throat. Wish it was a bit more like Clones.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Rebels cartoon is a pita to watch, its like how many morals (Afternoon specials) can we fit into 1 cartoon and be blatant about it! Wouldn't be too bad if it didn't feel like someone cramping it down your throat. Wish it was a bit more like Clones.
Well it's pretty clearly aimed at a target audience a year or two younger than Clone Wars targeted, but it does have some fairly dark moments.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So

Andy Serkis is probably Darth Plagueis

Based on rumor/leak and nerd theories.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
So

Andy Serkis is probably Darth Plagueis

Based on rumor/leak and nerd theories.
I'll go on record as being doubtful. Even having non-canonized everything that isn't in the movies, it seems like it was implied that that character wasn't alive anymore in Episode 3. And if I recall the book correctly, that character definitely isn't around anymore.

Caliane

I'll go on record as being doubtful. Even having non-canonized everything that isn't in the movies, it seems like it was implied that that character wasn't alive anymore in Episode 3. And if I recall the book correctly, that character definitely isn't around anymore.
Flash back, sith ghost, holocron. Its very possible.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Or maybe he did in fact gain some form of mastery over life and death before his apprentice killed him.

Still sounds terrible though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Did we ever SEE him die? Or do we just have a very questionable sources word he died.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually yeah, the book about Plagueis is no longer canon is it? So all we have to go on is what Palpatine said about him to Anakin in Revenge.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I totally forgot about darth plagueis rots. I saw the movie once and erased it from my brain. I had just assumed it was EU garbage.

They really need to remake those movies.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I totally forgot about darth plagueis rots. I saw the movie once and erased it from my brain. I had just assumed it was EU garbage.

It would be one reboot that nobody would complain about.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The good news is with the prequels is that you can basically redo them at any time because there are no lynchpin parts that NEED a particular actor to make anything work. Also, since the entire Republic was apparently computer generated architecture, you're always good with settings!

Caliane

most of it is. Palp does give his Plagueis story. But its very short, and give pretty much no details, and could be 100% lie in the first place.

Its kindof one of those things everyone hates the prequels for. This is a pretty plot important element of the story. Vaders entire motivation.. and potentially the explanation of his immaculate conception. and this idiotic story from the least trustworthy guy in the Galaxy after Elan Sleazebagano, is all we get.

Krozman

N00b
I think it's fairly well agreed that they shouldn't do anything during any new Star Wars movie that makes us remember or requires us to remember "plot points" from Episodes 1-3. Unless Luke takes a new Death Star to wipe out every Gungan in the Universe.