Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Rian Johnson also seems pretty straightforward and somehow avoids letting his ego stand in the way. I believe he thinks his vision is the best but also in the best interest in the film. We'll see how it works out.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Mark Hamil is a class act. What's this "young Luke" business they are talking about? What's Disney considering now? I must have missed it.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I haven't heard anything about Lucasfilm considering a young Luke movie, just fans enamored with the idea of someone that looks so much like a younger Hamill playing the role. But I wouldn't put it past Lucasfilm to latch on to yet another movie centered around a well established, much loved character for even half a second.

And a new spot:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Lol young Luke? Its called a new hope.

True but there's a lot of him hanging with his friends, watching them go join rebels, and the struggle of being stuck on the farm. I'm sure they could touch on some Obi-wan watch him and the rise of the empire. I'm not sure how good of a movie it could be and just how centered it could be on Luke as it seems his life is pretty boring and full of disappointments but i'm sure there are all kinds of stuff happening throughout the galaxy.

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doesn't really matter how good this movie ends up being when it's going back to a talentless hack for Ep 9.

• 1Worf

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Or they could be doing it in between RotJ and TFA. Since at the end of RotJ Luke and Leia were only in their mid twenties. And compared to current Luke (Mid 60's) that would be a young Luke.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
They doing any kind of premiere this weekend? Trying to make sure I know when to watch for leaks floating around. There's a country getting it two days before US correct? I've been under a rock with work the last week or so.. i'm out of the loop.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
As of today, they've finally shown about 10 consecutive minutes of the opening sequence (minus the crawl) and stuff is starting to come out about that. I'm hearing conflicting things about the actual world premiere but its one of the nights between the 8th and the 10th. It appears that full reviews are allowed to come out the 12th.

• 1Like

Royal

The LA premier is Saturday I think. And so far there isn't a review embargo in place that I know of so unless that changes that will be the day to go on blackout.

Although leaked scans of the TLJ Visual Dictionary are starting to crop up even now so if you're highly spoiler averse you might wanna pull your chord earlier.

edit: The TV spots are starting to get spoilery to. That "VIII Days" TV spot especially ... wow.

Last edited:

Royal

The soon to be much talked about Spot #21 (VIII Days), crappy home recording version:

Don't watch it if you're actively avoiding spoilers. It's not a plot spoiler necessarily but it will sure add some fuel to a certain fire.

• 2Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I watched the official trailers...I think 2 of them so far. I've avoided all TV spots and featurettes so far. I think I'll be able to manage another week. :)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hory shit, yeah that trailer just threw out most of the attempted misdirection

They really are doing the ROTJ thing? Or did she just cuck poor Kylo AGAIN...

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the last 24 hours seems to have really marked the time where you should go dark if you want to be most surprised at the first viewing. There is new stuff coming out with varying levels of spoilerness like every half hour at this point.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Hory shit, yeah that trailer just threw out most of the attempted misdirection

They really are doing the ROTJ thing? Or did she just cuck poor Kylo AGAIN...

I'm not so sure if Kylo doesn't toss this ever direction even if she is using the force to pull it in. It looks as if the back guard is focused on what's in front of him and not attempt to even challenge Rey but they other is. I'm trying to keep my mind open in hopes that this isn't an extremely simplified story arc. Heck, she might be proving to Snoke she can just kill everyone and do what she wants as she turns to the dark side. I may stop with this teaser. Definitely getting a bit too revealing for me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mark Hamil is a class act. What's this "young Luke" business they are talking about? What's Disney considering now? I must have missed it.
Luke Skywalker: A Star Wars Story

It's his origin story.

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard

Royal

His moisture vaporator maintenance, Tosche station runs, and womp rat eradication activities were the stuff of legend.

• 2Worf

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Not to mention his awkward sexual encounter with a young Tusken Raider. The god damn sand got everywhere.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users