StarCraft 2

Goonsquad Officer
yea, i was frowning at a protoss commander. when they still have horner, tykus, mira, and all manner of interesting humans.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit i never knew how bad Brazilian/Spanish players were until trying to level up Fenix during the day.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I just got back to messing around with coop, bought Stukov, who is certainly one of the weirder commanders. Seems like the playerbase is shrinking, during the day on a weekend, I was getting matched with people playing on casual. Still, directing your swarm vaguely in the enemy's direction is fun, shame you have to relocate your production on bigger maps.

Malakriss

Before today most of the active, good players hit 90 mastery already. Today that changed and they're all playing Fenix, but that leaves only the more casual people to partner up with. Ranging skill levels from why the hell do you even try playing this game to half-assed but passable. Literally had a 86 Zagara spam build bile launchers but only at the center warp portal on the Void Launch mission.

edit: 84 Stukov who did not defend, build a single bunker, or move his spawner closer. Literally carrying them with a less than 15 Fenix.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Level 10 Fenix is where your play choices open up. You can go cyber core first before ever building a gateway and no longer waste gas on Dark Council, Stargates, Robo, Robo bay, or Fleet beacon. I mean, you could also just go straight Robo or Stargate too but the units are still gas expensive.

Malakriss

Fast Expand option for Fenix seems to be 4 minutes. Pylon, Assimilator, Gateway, Pylon, Zealot, Zealot hero research and can use him to clear an early first wave and the rocks. Teleport in dragoon Fenix and use the zero cooldown beam spam to deal 1k damage to multiple rocks as well.

Fenix's immortals and colossus are both underwhelming on upgrades so I would recommend going adepts or adept/carrier and skipping the robo unless you have extra money to get out those heroes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fenix seems unimpressive. All three of his suits are mediocre and the AI units are very underwhelming. He's pretty much just Artanis without guardian shell or shield overcharge.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Blizzard is finally aping Dota2's compendium: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/20859945/war-chest-visual-guide-7-15-2017
10€ per race/25€ for all, adds skins for all MP units, some decals/sprays. You have to actually play MP or coop to unlock them, 4 skins per month.

I finally got all commanders to 15, which has been fun, but I'm not sure I'm ready to buy a bunch of extra skins. It feels more like too little too late. If they came up with some extra gameplay content, I'd be the first in line. Nova DLC was apparently selling much less than the commanders, which is a shame, since I'd love more of that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd be tempted if the skins worked in Co-op too, but I haven't seen anything that confirms they overwrite co-op skins.

Rime

<Donor>
One pack in HS? One Chest in OW? Not really up to par with the 'rewards' cross-game purchases used to supply. If it was 3-5 in HS and a pet in WoW instead of Diablo3, I would probably buy this.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Remastered stream going on. I feel like I was teleported back in time. WhiteRa just destroyed iNcontrol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
How many here would be interested in having a go @ a game with DeepMind's bot?

Could be a fun marketing gimmick/feature in the future: game companies partnering with research institutions (public or private) and providing as a service to players the productized versions of their test learning bots as AI opponents in their games.

StarCraft II: A New Challenge for Reinforcement Learning: [1708.04782] StarCraft II: A New Challenge for Reinforcement Learning

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
StarCraft II

Interesting, does it mean it goes officially on life support ala D3, or is there going to be substantial co-op or singleplayer content ?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
From the half-assed quality of co-op commanders, I'm pretty confident they're going to keep releasing those at the very least. They flat out said they weren't happy with how much the Nova campaign made so I doubt we'll get any more SP content.

Citz

Silver Squire
Starting today, you can claim Heart of the Swarm if you already have Wings of Liberty. It should be in your gift box in the Blizz launcher. You have until December 8th to claim it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
StarCraft II

Interesting, does it mean it goes officially on life support ala D3, or is there going to be substantial co-op or singleplayer content ?

I'd say it goes on life support, as I'm not touching this game ever again after playing SC1 and the toxic environments that are the players that I was playing against. Add to that, people would tell you how to win. Not, "This strategy makes the most sense, and here's why..." but no, instead "Move certain units here, certain units here, and voila."

It just seemed too much like a great way to troll people into thinking that you had created one of the best games ever. Make it impossible to do unless you do exactly what they say to do, and profit off'a the bloody heads of gamers who continue to smash their heads against the wall. Meanwhile, a thirteen year old is laughing at you because he beat you in under two minutes.

Terrific gaming experience.

• 2Salty
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users