StarCraft 2

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know if that is exactly true. I'm going to disregard HSC for a second but at WCS Finals TvP was fairly even. In fact the only Terran to win a TvP series was Maru. Bomber only played on TvP at Red Bull which he lost. I was more concerned with how they finally got over the Zerg hump.

Tenks

Ugh, I hate that game because of what it represents in TvZ. 15 minutes straight Bomber builds NOTHING,literallyNOTHING but marines. Goes from 49 SCVs to 18 without ever building another. That's just plain retarded that a marine-only MULE-based economy can actually be viable. Tense and full of action, yah, but completely stupid from a game-design point of view.
I'd argue that Blizzard nerfing the WM forced Terran's hand to change to a simply marine only style. Watching the game now and Bomber could have benefited from tanks since the gold is so easily shell-able. But since in HOTS mutas move at light speed and come back at full HP tanks are just simply terrible in the matchup.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ugh, I hate that game because of what it represents in TvZ. 15 minutes straight Bomber builds NOTHING,literallyNOTHING but marines. Goes from 49 SCVs to 18 without ever building another. That's just plain retarded that a marine-only MULE-based economy can actually be viable. Tense and full of action, yah, but completely stupid from a game-design point of view.
Scarlett also produces nothing, nothing but mostly muta with some ling baneling and doesn't even have a hive. I'm fine with 3-3 marines being able to stand up against the unit they're strong against with their counter unit being just at 2-2. If she had secured one more base and teched up a bit more, she'd have rolled over Bomber ez, right?

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
If she had built an Infestation Pit she might've lost. If she had also paid for Hive and the upgrades, she'd have been dead before they came into effect. For only minerals, with a shitty economy, marines allow for pretty easy constant pressure, which is their big selling point: Trade, and trade inefficiently, or die outright.

Tenks

You also need to realize marines are a unit with probably the highest skill ceiling in the game. So when used by someone like Bomber they look absolutely stupid. When used by someone like me I look absolutely stupid.

Tenks

Played for the first time in a few months last night. My first game I played like shit. My opponent played like more shit. He kept asking me to leave because if he won one more game he'd get promoted to Masters. I told him no way in hell is this game we're playing close to Masters level. He was silver.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You finally reached your true skill level?
biggrin.png

Looking at 2.1, I might actually play a game here and there with stuff like BGH playable on more maps and other customs, but I think i'm pretty much done with serious ladder.

Tenks

I go back and forth on becoming serious at the game again or not. I still love all the theory and skill it takes to play the game but at the same time I'm so aware of my mistakes that losses are very discouraging to me. Not to mention late game TvP is the absolute worst thing in the universe to play.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's why I play Zerg now.

Oh yeah, Bronze and Silver account for like 60% of all players now. They shrunk G, P, D and M.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Fuck it, now I wonder what league I could place in. Christmas can't come soon enough

Sid, gratz on making it to ladder !

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks! It's out of my control now, I wonder how they are going to torture the map. Probably get rid of 1/2 the doodads and add rocks everywhere.....

Tenks

Fuck it, now I wonder what league I could place in. Christmas can't come soon enough

Sid, gratz on making it to ladder !
I was just playing unranked but outside of the Silver guy I was being matched with Plat/Diamond rankers. Which isn't too out of the ordinary since former Masters are all over those ranks now. However neither of them seemed very good. The plat Terran way overcommited to stopping my cloak banshee and the Zerg did a super late roach/bane bust. I still lost both because I'm so out of practice it is annoying. And the usual shit happened where right when I move out my army the entire Zerg horde barrels into my third. Every. Fucking. Time.

-edit-

Aw they're basically taking away all the maps I have upvoted and leaving all the maps I have downvoted
frown.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Jaedong about to win his first title or will Scarlett upset the korean dominance ?

An entertaining ZvZ, who would have thought

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was just playing unranked but outside of the Silver guy I was being matched with Plat/Diamond rankers. Which isn't too out of the ordinary since former Masters are all over those ranks now. However neither of them seemed very good. The plat Terran way overcommited to stopping my cloak banshee and the Zerg did a super late roach/bane bust. I still lost both because I'm so out of practice it is annoying. And the usual shit happened where right when I move out my army the entire Zerg horde barrels into my third.Every. Fucking. Time.

-edit-

Aw they're basically taking away all the maps I have upvoted and leaving all the maps I have downvoted
frown.png
Really the only way zerg can keep pace with T or P is run-by.

Unless you mean literally the entire fucking zerg army invades your third... which begs me to question why you don't see the zerg rolling across the map? Lol.