StarCraft 2

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
sOs played extremely well, but man, I just don't give a shit about him as a player so I would have rather had almost anybody else win. Would have been nice if JD would have won game 1 (which he should have) because then maybe he could have rode that momentum into the following games.

Also, after watching almost this entire tournament, Photon Overcharge needs to be changed. That ability makes so much of the early game completely boring.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
JD winning would make for a story rivaling Navi vs Alliance. sOs winning is like a blinding flash, nobody gives a fuck the next day, even though the guy obviously looked stoked.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've always liked sOs. At least he doesn't play like a 3base turtle templar+colossus 200/200 faggot.

-edit-

I should probably clarify. I still hate him because he's Protoss trash.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game 1 was such a throw by Jaedong. Then sOs went full "that isn't supposed to work" builds and mopped Jaedong. Wtf was that phoenix zealot build? I've NEVER seen that shit.

Also, cannon rushing is for the gays.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
When meta involves 3 hatch before pool, then cannon rushes are on the table. New balance patch dropped, nothing too out of the ordinary.

Juvarisx

Florida
Lots of people bitching about Oracles, but I have never seen the pro players keep them alive as they were previously, so I really have no idea what they are crying about.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Come on bro, it's Bud Light. (also I could get a good 20 cases or so...time to get wasted!)

Tenks

Shit with $300 Sid could buy an entire block of houses in Detroit. Grats on the mansion Sid!

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
You knew he wouldn't stay "retired" for that long. No way somebody goes out when he's playing that great. Shit, I could go to med school and still play starcraft2 all day. Look at Polt........

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You knew he wouldn't stay "retired" for that long. No way somebody goes out when he's playing that great. Shit, I could go to med school and still play starcraft2 all day. Look at Polt........
I go to med school and I really can't
biggrin.png

Polt is only taking English classes or something like that ATM and he's korean, no way I could survive on 5 hour sleep every day.

I actually thought he would retire for ~6 months until somebody came knocking with 10k+ $ showmatch offer and then miraculously come back...

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, is he just doing english classes? For some reason I thought I read he was in Med School. I'm probably wrong though, oh wells. Come on Zaphid, you can easily Med school + be like stephano. Stop playing on games and start focusing on sc2 again!

Tenks

I thought Polt was doing some sort of veterinary program at Texas. Is it true he's just taking a light workload right now I've never heard that.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Oh, is he just doing english classes? For some reason I thought I read he was in Med School. I'm probably wrong though, oh wells. Come on Zaphid, you can easily Med school + be like stephano. Stop playing on games and start focusing on sc2 again!
Polt talking about his classes. I think he was doing Biology or Vet in Korea.

I'm at 24 mandatory hours per week at least and keeping my life going fills up my time pretty well. It's like having an ungrateful girlfriend that won't even blow you. But hey, at least I study for free
biggrin.png

For a while I actually thought I'd be able to keep playing SC2 while studying, but the mental fatigue carries over into SC2. Simply couldn't focus on improving and pushing myself and just to play X number of games led me to asking myself "wtf am I doing" and going drinking. Also the best advice I ever heard on being a progamer: If you can be competitive while doing something else with your life, only then you can think of going pro.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How come there's only 2 upgrades in the armory now, yet I don't see any patch notes?

I don't really get why they make oracles go even faster. I see a lot more oracle openings than banshee openings.

I also am confused about their siege tank buff of ROF increase. Did anyone complain that siege tanks weren't doing enough damage when they get to shoot something?