Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol the characters in Starfield look like the default models used in a sports game for the no-name non scanned players.

Unbelievable.

It seems like this somewhat of a trend, even the Unreal 5 models arent super impressive, but this is almost so poor it breaks the immersion.

Edit: What game has the best character model graphics over the last decade? I thought Death Stranding was pretty good, even Red Dead Redepmtion 2 has great character graphics. When L.A. Noire came out I was blown away by the character models, and was thinking wow what are character models going to look like in 2020!

lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Arr/Matey

This guy gets it. Time to sail the seven seas. I wouldn't waste a dollar on these pandering fucks for dumb shit like this. Maybe spend the time fixing all the goddamn bugs in your stupid fucking games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

This forum

“you know, these games have let you romance whoever the fuck you want for decades. But characters using pronouns based on what the player inputs? That is a bridge too far!!!!”

They should add a trait to Starfield called “triggered”. It gives you a bonus to hit points until someone uses the “they” pronoun. Then your character gets a debuff that reduces their hit points and intelligence points and causes them to lose control of their character

• 6Faggotry
  • 5Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 12 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lol the characters in Starfield look like the default models used in a sports game for the no-name non scanned players.

Unbelievable.

It seems like this somewhat of a trend, even the Unreal 5 models arent super impressive, but this is almost so poor it breaks the immersion.

Edit: What game has the best character model graphics over the last decade? I thought Death Stranding was pretty good, even Red Dead Redepmtion 2 has great character graphics. When L.A. Noire came out I was blown away by the character models, and was thinking wow what are character models going to look like in 2020!

lol.
I think there's just an immense cost to photorealistic humans that the industry hasn't commoditized yet.

You see these really impressive demos

Then you see an Unreal game where the human looks like, well, the default model in a sports game. Humans are really good at perceiving issues with people's faces, so it's easier to be critical of faces than literally anything else in a game.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This forum

“you know, these games have let you romance whoever the fuck you want for decades. But characters using pronouns based on what the player inputs? That is a bridge too far!!!!”

They should add a trait to Starfield called “triggered”. It gives you a bonus to hit points until someone uses the “they” pronoun. Then your character gets a debuff that reduces their hit points and intelligence points and causes them to lose control of their character
I want them to add it just so they can reeee when they get the statistic that 95% of people play white men with he him pronouns.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This forum

Do you realize that even caving to the "romance whoever the fuck you want" crowd actually made their games worse because they had to create all the tired ass romance story lines for people when they could have been creating better ones based on the single relationship that they thought would make the most sense in game? The first Mass Effect is remembered for the choices you had to make about letting an entire species go extinct or have another chance at life, not because you could be gay in a subplot that obviously could not go anywhere since they had to keep something with that many options contained.

You try and act so egalitarian to try and seem better than people who are just tired of developers actively taking time away from making their game better to cater to the .0001% of people that will buy their game because "they feel seen/represented." Do you think I idolized Charles Barkley when I was growing up because I needed someone who looked like me to enjoy playing basketball? Get the fuck out of here.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Literally nothing changes in romance options in games if they let you do pair ups with same sex. It’s not like your character gets fucking pregnant. Besides, let’s be honest, most of that probably comes from guys playing female characters and wanting to romance other female characters. Look how annoyed even people on this forum were when female V couldn’t hook up with Panam in Cyberpunk

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Why are there romance options at all?

clerks 2 women GIF

Over It Woman GIF

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This forum

Found the faggot

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 6 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Literally nothing changes in romance options in games if they let you do pair ups with same sex. It’s not like your character gets fucking pregnant. Besides, let’s be honest, most of that probably comes from guys playing female characters and wanting to romance other female characters. Look how annoyed even people on this forum were when female V couldn’t hook up with Panam in Cyberpunk

Fucking christ, THAT WAS MY POINT. Nothing happens with these retarded options, so why are they in the game?

Why not spend that development time making a story about two characters that is actually good and has a bearing on the plot or a big subplot?

Nope, they need to spend time making sure NPCs fucking call you the right thing when they are refrencing you to someone else.

Then they are going to walk into a wall, get stuck, and corrupt your playthrough.

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do you realize that even caving to the "romance whoever the fuck you want" crowd actually made their games worse because they had to create all the tired ass romance story lines for people when they could have been creating better ones based on the single relationship that they thought would make the most sense in game? The first Mass Effect is remembered for the choices you had to make about letting an entire species go extinct or have another chance at life, not because you could be gay in a subplot that obviously could not go anywhere since they had to keep something with that many options contained.

You try and act so egalitarian to try and seem better than people who are just tired of developers actively taking time away from making their game better to cater to the .0001% of people that will buy their game because "they feel seen/represented." Do you think I idolized Charles Barkley when I was growing up because I needed someone who looked like me to enjoy playing basketball? Get the fuck out of here.
If an RPG doesn't include the option to attend non-stop DEI Training, is it even an RPG anymore?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fucking christ, THAT WAS MY POINT. Nothing happens with these retarded options, so why are they in the game?

Why not spend that development time making a story about two characters that is actually good and has a bearing on the plot or a big subplot?

Nope, they need to spend time making sure NPCs fucking call you the right thing when they are refrencing you to someone else.

Then they are going to walk into a wall, get stuck, and corrupt your playthrough.
I don't care if it takes away from other things. I just don't like faggots 🤷

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
What pronouns will everybody be picking?

Out of all the Todd Howard lies let’s hope this one is the biggest. Makes me appreciate CP2099 for let me make a girl with a wiener.

Usually make the gender related to build. My engineering gun nut is usually male, sniper build is use female or melee is usually female. But I’m a weirdo for thing the fable girl was ugly, I wouldn’t make a woman that look like that:NPC M:

Cybsled

It's not a new feature and it is a popular one. One of the main goals in the old Legend of the Red Dragon door game was to bang the barmaid even though it didn't really do anything. There is a whole cottage industry of harem games, etc