Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Is there a quest line past the Constant after you figure out what to do with them? I know there's an activity to check on their location, but that's one of the only bugs I had. The ship had disappeared but you can use a console command to respawn it basically. Go back on the ship and talk to a few people and you get a couple of little side quests, but nothing really major. Think I convinced the captain to let some lady in the vegetable garden to leave the ship or something, but that was it.

Just wondering.
Just side quests as far as I know. I convinced the captain to let the garden lady go too, and you can run into her back in New Atlantis and she'll ask you to deliver a letter to her sister on the ship, which is where a lot of people get bugged too (the quest marker shows where the ship started, not where it is currently). Supposedly you can run into the ship randomly later, but I don't know if it follows an actual pattern or if it is literally just a random chance encounter like all the others. I also have a quest to tell someone their long lost relative is on the ship, but I haven't done that yet. Not sure if you have to return after that one either, or if it bugs out.

So far I think I have the 1 captain's uniform, 4 officer's, and 8 regular, so my away team is all ready! Like 4 or so swimsuits, and 2-3 of 3 different types of vacation outfits. Oh, and I stole every fucking Macintosh computer from the ship too, for some reason, because as far as I know that's the only place you can get them, and maybe I'll need them for decoration one day?! That's the kind of shit I am spending my time on. Could be worse I guess. Just wait until I start laying out a weight room and I have to carry all that shit!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Just side quests as far as I know. I convinced the captain to let the garden lady go too, and you can run into her back in New Atlantis and she'll ask you to deliver a letter to her sister on the ship, which is where a lot of people get bugged too (the quest marker shows where the ship started, not where it is currently). Supposedly you can run into the ship randomly later, but I don't know if it follows an actual pattern or if it is literally just a random chance encounter like all the others. I also have a quest to tell someone their long lost relative is on the ship, but I haven't done that yet. Not sure if you have to return after that one either, or if it bugs out.

So far I think I have the 1 captain's uniform, 4 officer's, and 8 regular, so my away team is all ready! Like 4 or so swimsuits, and 2-3 of 3 different types of vacation outfits. Oh, and I stole every fucking Macintosh computer from the ship too, for some reason, because as far as I know that's the only place you can get them, and maybe I'll need them for decoration one day?! That's the kind of shit I am spending my time on. Could be worse I guess. Just wait until I start laying out a weight room and I have to carry all that shit!
Yeah, I think I did the deliver the letter to her sister deal after running into the garden Chinese lady on New Atlantis. I just didn't know there was a lot more follow up with it but even there's a little small quests are just kinda fun.

I don't know if I'm just different than others but when I sit down to play these games I kind of get an idea of okay I'm going to role play this type of character and that's how I base all my decisions. Then I just roll with it. I guess I get more out of it when I put a little bit of imagination into it, not saying that others don't. I guess I'm just trying to role play, but it does make me wish to be able to sit down and do some tabletop stuff or even roll 20 with my buddies again. We haven't got to do a D&D campaign in about a year and maybe that's what I'm itching for, it's just a lot of work and everybody's gotten busy. If I can play a game like this and scratch that itch a little, I'll do it as much as possible if that makes sense.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

I guess Starfield's steam score is slowly decreasing. While I know the typical fanboy reaction to negative reviews of Beth games is "well you didn't play it long enough," the play times on these negative steam reviews is funny. I agree with the 5/10 but how can anyone rating a game so low keep playing 70 more hours:

2023-10-21 09.16.58 store.steampowered.com a9cf31ea24b7.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I get it. At some point after I don't know how many days played I was hate-playing Starfield as I held back finishing the Crimson Fleet quests knowing they were some of the best content but still a let down.

Returning to Cyberpunk 2077 after Starfield made me question my sanity for putting so much time into it. Starfield is average compared to other Bethesda games, but compared to good games of recent years like Cyberpunk or Elden Ring and it's really sort of sad Bethesda put so much investment into such an awkwardly inferior game.

It's kinda weird at a hundred+ hours played to then say, yup this is shit. But that's sorta the Bethesda experience. Until mods of course.

Civilization games were similar. I'd play vanilla versions for several hundred hours and then realize how shitty the games were.... And then in a few years with all the DLCs they became some of the best games ever, which was the civ experience.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I think I did the deliver the letter to her sister deal after running into the garden Chinese lady on New Atlantis. I just didn't know there was a lot more follow up with it but even there's a little small quests are just kinda fun.

I don't know if I'm just different than others but when I sit down to play these games I kind of get an idea of okay I'm going to role play this type of character and that's how I base all my decisions. Then I just roll with it. I guess I get more out of it when I put a little bit of imagination into it, not saying that others don't. I guess I'm just trying to role play, but it does make me wish to be able to sit down and do some tabletop stuff or even roll 20 with my buddies again. We haven't got to do a D&D campaign in about a year and maybe that's what I'm itching for, it's just a lot of work and everybody's gotten busy. If I can play a game like this and scratch that itch a little, I'll do it as much as possible if that makes sense.
Just a head's up about the UCS Constant location, mine is working perfectly. I have done several of the quests notifying relatives and then returning to Abe, the big gay Jew, and every time the location the quest brought me to was right on the money, and in different systems. I was in one system where it last was for a kill quest, so I thought I'd manually fly over, and when I got there it warped just as I arrived. But clicking the quest took me immediately to it again. After undocking that time, it again immediately warped once I had undocked, and the new quest brought me to it in yet another system. So, so far anyway, mine is perfectly taking me to it every time. Hopefully it stays that way.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Just a head's up about the UCS Constant location, mine is working perfectly. I have done several of the quests notifying relatives and then returning to Abe, the big gay Jew, and every time the location the quest brought me to was right on the money, and in different systems. I was in one system where it last was for a kill quest, so I thought I'd manually fly over, and when I got there it warped just as I arrived. But clicking the quest took me immediately to it again. After undocking that time, it again immediately warped once I had undocked, and the new quest brought me to it in yet another system. So, so far anyway, mine is perfectly taking me to it every time. Hopefully it stays that way.
I don't know what the hell happened, and I need to at least go back and try to find it again. I guess was when the activity is there on your list it would be in another location and you fly to a different system and find them doing whatever shenanigans they were up to, maybe trying to set up their little colony on another planet or something. I just wonder if me having to respawn the damn ship has screwed up the quest line and like I was saying earlier it's the only real weird bug that I've found.

I plan on doing at least a new game plus once at least, because I do enjoy the game, and maybe I won't have that issue the next time. We'll see.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's a ton of people online that have issues with the Constant location not working. If you don't, consider yourself lucky. I too had the bug and used console stuff to get around it.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I've had that bug - I found them in a different system later since I bought them the grav drive, but later on it had them at a planet location and they weren't there.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I guess Starfield's steam score is slowly decreasing. While I know the typical fanboy reaction to negative reviews of Beth games is "well you didn't play it long enough," the play times on these negative steam reviews is funny. I agree with the 5/10 but how can anyone rating a game so low keep playing 70 more hours:

View attachment 496371

It's Skyrim in space though.

velk

Trakanon Raider

I figure it's like someone rating McDonalds 5/10 after going over 100 times - 'would not recommend, but at least it's affordable and open at 3am'.

I agree that life's too short to spend 270 hours playing a 5/10 but there's plenty of reasons people would do so.

• 1Like

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I like base builders, but most of them are grindy survival games or a management game with a god perspective. Games like Starfield that have some tiny bit of base building with first/third person are the escapism I prefer even when they're done poorly. Subnautica is the closest to the goal, but it's lonely and has low replayability. Starfield feels huge, and even if it's not true, giving the feeling of massive scope is important. I'd consider it more like 4/10, but I still plan to keep playing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I like base builders, but most of them are grindy survival games or a management game with a god perspective. Games like Starfield that have some tiny bit of base building with first/third person are the escapism I prefer even when they're done poorly. Subnautica is the closest to the goal, but it's lonely and has low replayability. Starfield feels huge, and even if it's not true, giving the feeling of massive scope is important. I'd consider it more like 4/10, but I still plan to keep playing.
Something about an open-world RPG with just a taste of base building is so much fun to me. I enjoy both genres and they work so well together. Kenshi is the best example of this, where it's a decent exploration game and an OK base builder/economy game, but together it's one of my favorite games of all time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Something about an open-world RPG with just a taste of base building is so much fun to me. I enjoy both genres and they work so well together. Kenshi is the best example of this, where it's a decent exploration game and an OK base builder/economy game, but together it's one of my favorite games of all time.
yeah, and I've said it before. theres LOTS of games like this. the entire genre of survival base builders of course. but one thing that really kills the enjoyment of them for me, is the homebase being totally lifeless and empty. the games that add that bit of settlement sim are so much more enjoyable to me. where you have life cycles like in fallout 4. you need to build houses, beds, defenses. provide food/water to the settlers.

that terraria style world exploration is great too. you are out exploring, and bringing back things to build up your base.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Finished my first run through, was at the last quest and still had like 11 fucking powers locked with no artifacts and no temples available from Vlad. suggestions online were to go ahead and complete the final quest but don't jump through the unity, Vlad would have more temples to unlock after the game ends and i'd be able to collect all the powers before going to NG+

And that turned out to be a lie. Vlad gave me a new temple to go locate but the planet the quest was on never spawned a POI for me to find the temple, and no matter where i traveled in the universe I never got any pop up notifications about nearby temples to find.

So I went into NG+ missing half my powers and once I collect them all at rank 1 in NG+, I will end up having to do 11 runs to get them all to +10. At least i'm hoping that I don't have to run around and collect half a dozen artifacts every time I NG+....

also game is trolling me hard as fuck. one of the temples in this universe is precisely where my outpost was in my first universe. Literally the exact same spot, I followed a youtube guide on the absolute best location to place an outpost on Bessel IIIB down to the exact mountain side.

Last edited:

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Finished my first run through, was at the last quest and still had like 11 fucking powers locked with no artifacts and no temples available from Vlad. suggestions online were to go ahead and complete the final quest but don't jump through the unity, Vlad would have more temples to unlock after the game ends and i'd be able to collect all the powers before going to NG+

And that turned out to be a lie. Vlad gave me a new temple to go locate but the planet the quest was on never spawned a POI for me to find the temple, and no matter where i traveled in the universe I never got any pop up notifications about nearby temples to find.

So I went into NG+ missing half my powers and once I collect them all at rank 1 in NG+, I will end up having to do 11 runs to get them all to +10. At least i'm hoping that I don't have to run around and collect half a dozen artifacts every time I NG+....

also game is trolling me hard as fuck. one of the temples in this universe is precisely where my outpost was in my first universe. Literally the exact same spot, I followed a youtube guide on the absolute best location to place an outpost on Bessel IIIB down to the exact mountain side.
I played quite a bit yesterday evening and finished Starseed, and was working on the MSQ. Got a quest to go back to the Eye which was weird but whatever, until I'm told to take gay cowboy with me on a mission.

Is this a point of no return? Is this what you mentioned Void Void ? I know they're having been a lot of spoilery discussions lately, and anytime I see something like that I just jump to the next page. Have an idea of what's going on but not how it's going to play out.

Just trying to enjoy the story, but working on that mission will it screw with the other things I'm still completing or playing through?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
You are at a part where a major thing happens, but it's more like the start of Act II in a 3 part story...if you really wanna know click the spoiler below:

You will meet the Hunter and he's going to kill one of your companions. The game takes your top 2 NPCs you have interacted with/progressed their side missions on. You're going to go to the Eye for some RP shit and then head back to the lodge. Suddenly the eye is going to be attacked by the hunter.
your top NPC will be injured on the Eye and the 2nd NPC is the one you are required to have with you, so in your case, cowboy is going to be at your side at the lodge. Here you face a choice. either you stay and defend the lodge or you go and defend the eye. If you stay at the lodge, your top NPC who is injured on the eye will die. if you rush to their aid on the eye, the 2nd NPC, cowboy man in your case, will die in the lodge.
2nd spoiler:
You may be thinking, can't I save them both? and no, you can't. for story reasons, you have to lose one of your friends. That NPC turns out to be the Emissary. In their universe, you the PC died in their place and they went on to become the starborn and are locked in a never ending battle against the hunter. The hunter's story is actually quite interesting but it's very subtle references throughout the game. I don't think they just come out and explain it but if you pay attention during the NASA mission the emissary gives you and listen to what the hunter says you can work it out

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You are at a part where a major thing happens, but it's more like the start of Act II in a 3 part story...if you really wanna know click the spoiler below:

You will meet the Hunter and he's going to kill one of your companions. The game takes your top 2 NPCs you have interacted with/progressed their side missions on. You're going to go to the Eye for some RP shit and then head back to the lodge. Suddenly the eye is going to be attacked by the hunter.
your top NPC will be injured on the Eye and the 2nd NPC is the one you are required to have with you, so in your case, cowboy is going to be at your side at the lodge. Here you face a choice. either you stay and defend the lodge or you go and defend the eye. If you stay at the lodge, your top NPC who is injured on the eye will die. if you rush to their aid on the eye, the 2nd NPC, cowboy man in your case, will die in the lodge.
I didn't click it but thank you, that's probably a very good explanation as to where I'm at. Thanks, bud.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I didnt realize someone reading this thread is still playing through the story ill post in spoilers as not to fuck you up bro.

about NG+
fuck me, I still have 4 temples undiscovered when it sends me into the last mission.....got super mad, Vlad won't talk to me, etc etc...

Then I realize I didn't add the last artifacts collected this universe into the Armillary before I started the Revelations quest, which seems to be the trigger/point of no return as far as collecting temples go. Once I added the artifacts my power page shows clear as day "4 undiscovered temples". Hopefully after I finish the buried temple and don't jump into the unity right away it will allow me to collect the last 4 powers before going to NG+2....i'd hate to have to do this 12 times vs 11...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity