Stargate Reboot

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have to keep the music at the very least. It is to iconic to the show/movie. Charisma is key for the casting. They have to work well together and most likely have at least one familiar face. There are so many ideas they can go with at this point. I can see some ideas being recycled but there is room for new ones.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Atlantis should not have been cancelled when it was, and Universe was a half-assed attempt to reduce the characters/tech/universe down to the execs budgetary preference. Same argument as any reboot you can't neuter everything the franchise is built on and roll with it in isolation.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I have no hope for future Stargate anything after that shit show Universe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I liked Universe a bit more by the end of the final season, but it had a lot going against it

1) They tried a bit too hard with the "grimdark" or Moore's BSG style of drama. It just didn't seem to fit with the IP, though
2) Them constantly being on the move meant there was never really a good villain/foil, or even recurring allies
3) Too many unlikable or bland characters
4) They went too hard on their attempt to reduce "power creep". By the end of Atlantis, Earth is basically a super power in the galaxy. The whole "cut off" I presume was their attempt to "nerf" Stargate Command, but it also felt too isolated from the rest of the IP as a result. Granted, I know Atlantis had a similar period, but they shifted away from that fairly quickly

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
> even some of the creative team behind Amazon hit The Boys.

Hope for an R rating at least.

Cybsled

SG1 had tits in the pilot for Showtime, but that never carried through to the rest of the show even during its run on that network

Chris

Potato del Grande
Only way this would work is if it was like "Stargate: The Next Generation" with the old show being canon, limited cameos and a new cast/feel.

I don't want to see the same story rehashed with a more "diverse" cast. I don't want to see the previous cast but old and using memberberries as a crutch.

Continue the story with some old and new ideas.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Could go new GoW style and have Tealc's son Rya'c be apart of the new SG team and pop in for cameos to help.

Cybsled

Only way this would work is if it was like "Stargate: The Next Generation" with the old show being canon, limited cameos and a new cast/feel.

I don't want to see the same story rehashed with a more "diverse" cast. I don't want to see the previous cast but old and using memberberries as a crutch.

Continue the story with some old and new ideas.
Or this

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user