Stay or go?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The ridiculous, crazy love part is implied by "I couldn't imagine being content with another person". Maybe I'm just missing Itlan's huge problem with being content.

Anyway, I don't want to take away from OP too much, and he clearly isn't even content or he wouldn't be asking this question in a place like this.
I never said it had to be "ridiculous, crazy love." Perhaps I have a negative connotation of the word content.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yeah, I'd say you're probably mixing up "being content" with "settling for", or "compromising yourself for". As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with simply feeling good about the situation you're in. If you've knocked yourself down a few notches to make things work, and that's not something you're satisfied with, that's another story.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Johnny followed our advice when we told him to stop seeing whores and reconnect with his wife

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did his grill find out she was getting dumped on the internet and kill the OP?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Your pros sound like you're compatible from a logical perspective but obviously something is off between you two from an emotional perspective. The fact that you are not having sex for six months and neither one of you give a shit is a huge red flag that this is not a healthy and normal relationship. I'm generally the anti-rerolled poster when it comes to sex because I feel everyone on this forum puts way, way too much weight and emphasis on it but it is still an important aspect of a healthy relationship and generally the health of the sexual relationship is a direct manifestation of the overall health of the relationship in general. First I think you need to askwhyyou aren't being physical. Lack of attraction? Lack of caring? Seen as more effort than benefit? Neither of you care to initiate? Or it could be something more. Like you are both actually fed up with one another but are both incredibly shit-scared to actually sever the relationship. So you'll allow it to sit in this awkward limbo state because you feel being with anyone even in a direly unhealthy relationship is better than none at all. The fact that you basically just referred to her as a trophy on the first page and an ego boost to yourself indicates, to me, you are horribly insecure. You should fix yourself and possibly it will fix your relationship. Or possibly the relationship is already soured to the point where it is beyond repair. Either way it doesn't sound like it is really the chick at fault. She is the one driving to see you which is a very real representation of making an effort. You seem to just sit around and bitch about her parents from your Midwestern cosmopolitan fantasy land and complain about her breath but sounds like you're too afraid to actually tell her it smells bad and fix it.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Johnny followed our advice when we told him to stop seeing whores and reconnect with his wife
To be fair, she caught him & read the whores journal. I think he more lucked into the lottery outcome on that one

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your pros sound like you're compatible from a logical perspective but obviously something is off between you two from an emotional perspective. The fact that you are not having sex for six months and neither one of you give a shit is a huge red flag that this is not a healthy and normal relationship. I'm generally the anti-rerolled poster when it comes to sex because I feel everyone on this forum puts way, way too much weight and emphasis on it but it is still an important aspect of a healthy relationship and generally the health of the sexual relationship is a direct manifestation of the overall health of the relationship in general.

First I think you need to askwhyyou aren't being physical. Lack of attraction? Lack of caring? Seen as more effort than benefit? Neither of you care to initiate? Or it could be something more. Like you are both actually fed up with one another but are both incredibly shit-scared to actually sever the relationship. So you'll allow it to sit in this awkward limbo state because you feel being with anyone even in a direly unhealthy relationship is better than none at all. The fact that you basically just referred to her as a trophy on the first page and an ego boost to yourself indicates, to me, you are horribly insecure.

You should fix yourself and possibly it will fix your relationship. Or possibly the relationship is already soured to the point where it is beyond repair. Either way it doesn't sound like it is really the chick at fault. She is the one driving to see you which is a very real representation of making an effort. You seem to just sit around and bitch about her parents from your Midwestern cosmopolitan fantasy land and complain about her breath but sounds like you're too afraid to actually tell her it smells bad and fix it.
FTFY

iannis

Musty Nester
Face fart?

Is that some subtle crack about how bad her breath is?

Omg stop talking, it smells like dogfart.

Did you get a pack of memtos and just pop one in her mouth when she knocked on the door? Because there is often a great deal of comedy in doing that, and if you're willing to risk a seriously ugly fight it can be an excellent way to broach a delicate subject.