Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I bought the Dungeon Defenders franchise pack for $4.99, always wanted to give that game a whirl.

Why can't Worlds of Magic go on flash sale?!?!
frown.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bought the Dungeon Defenders franchise pack for $4.99, always wanted to give that game a whirl.

Why can't Worlds of Magic go on flash sale?!?!
frown.png
I got a good 100 hours out of DD before the hacking kind of made it pointless. Fun as hell game though. Shit was that fun. I'm watching DD2 thought as well because that is looking to be just as fun.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I picked up the Far Cry Franchise, mostly for FC 3 and expansion. I played the first a long time ago, and never played the 2nd, but heard it was long and repetitive. Is it still worth playing through, or should I just skip to FC 3?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
imo, Skip FC2. The games have their own separate stories so you won't be missing anything.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
FC3 is fun, but it helps if you are high while doing the main storyline, because it is fucking ridiculous. The outpost capturing gets somewhat simplified once you acquire a silenced sniper rifle, but you being rather fragile, you always need to plan ahead until the very end.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Risen 3 any good? it's 50% off right now
Have you played any of the Risen/Gothic games ? Have you liked them ? Are you itching for an RPG ? If you answer yes to all of the above, go ahead, otherwise there's a good chance the game will frustrate you a lot.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Uplink's a cool "You are the movie version of a hacker" game, Darwinia is a RTS (sort of - it's actually closer to Syndicate, imo) with a nifty demo-scene graphical style, and Defcon is multiplayer Diplomacy-meets-War Games.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I picked up the Far Cry Franchise, mostly for FC 3 and expansion. I played the first a long time ago, and never played the 2nd, but heard it was long and repetitive. Is it still worth playing through, or should I just skip to FC 3?
Don't bother. Having to collect medicine for no other reason than a stupid ass malaria mechanic and have to pop pills to continue playing because of it annoyed the hell out of me. Aside from that annoyance the game was extremely repetitive and tedious. And yes I did beat it. When I was done I had no idea why I bothered.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FC2 sucked for all those reasons plus the retarded respawning mechanic.
FC3 fixed almost everything wrong with FC2, but still becomes kind of a slog once you find out there's an entire second island to deal with.
FC4 should have been called FC3.1. It's basically the same exact game, even the story isn't all that different. I strongly recommend putting a long break in between playing the two games, unless you really, really love FC3.

---------------------------------
Risen 3 is awful, especially if you're familiar with Gothic 1&2 (or even 3 once all the community patches were released), Risen 1, etc. If you actually liked Risen 2 for some strange reason, I guess you might find something to like about Risen 3 too.

Nendyen_sl

shitlord
So far this sale I've picked up the Shadowruns and a Gauntlet 4 pack for me and my friends. We were getting a little bored of Payday 2 finally (although we're probably gonna go back to it super fast). Can't recommend Gauntlet though, beat it in two nights. Ridiculously short game. Maybe a little replay value with having to go through with each class to get their achievements and the seasons/capes thing but the main game itself was super short and kinda meh. Definitely not as good as the old Gauntlet games and the one on the N64.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fuck that noise FC3 has awesome gameplay and an awesome villian, shit was game of the year for me. Sadly FC4 is more of the same so instead of making my own fun via clever takedowns etc I just mow shit down and move on.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Given the amount of praise that Shovel Knight got, is it one of those must play now that it's 33% off or should I just wait for the 75% deal next year?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck that noise FC3 has awesome gameplay and an awesome villian, shit was game of the year for me. Sadly FC4 is more of the same so instead of making my own fun via clever takedowns etc I just mow shit down and move on.
Pagen Min is awesome too but Blood Dragon is the best Far Cry by a mile.