Steam Deals and Digital Sales

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
If in debt, stop spending - if not, save. I could never remember all those things.
Ehh when you have assets and debt like a real adult give me a shout.

We have 2 checking accts, saving account, 2 student loans , bills, 401ks, house payment. Its good to get a look and focus on areas to save money in the future. ..fron an app on my phone. It syncs w mint and tracks my expenses as i make them.

Its great for people who can handle their money.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Everyone I know who has (lots of) money uses budgeting software of some sort. -shrug-
The question you should ask is will you have (lots of) money by using (this) budgeting software?

Speculation: the software could monitor you, your finances and target you for marketing.

Freemium (Mint) = you are the product.

By all means, be smart about your economy
smile.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The whole purpose behind budging software is to help manage your money better so you have more of it. This software isn't Freemium and has no way to market to you. Literally none of what you said applies here.

Don't run off on some retarded tangent here, you've been good for so long about it. If you don't care for the software or this discussion then don't use it and abstain from posting in it.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I had to take a bunch of budgeting classes and should i ever earn the money i deserve i will budget myself pen and paper style cause i wont ever trust the internet with anything more than a Jackson.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's probably top seller because it was one of the top posts over on Reddit and got tons of views. Plus yeah, new year resolutions and all.

Its funny they put the budget software up at the end of the steam sale, after they have all our fuckin money!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's sad that the budget software was better than the other games I bought this year.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The whole purpose behind budging software is to help manage your money better so you have more of it. This software isn't Freemium and has no way to market to you. Literally none of what you said applies here.

Don't run off on some retarded tangent here, you've been good for so long about it. If you don't care for the software or this discussion then don't use it and abstain from posting in it.
Oh be nice - it was partly for the guy above you, radditsu, Mint syncing. Mint is freemium and uses targeted marketing based on your inputs. But you knew that, right? Right.

We don't have the same tax-income system you do. I was going to ask how this software is beneficial beyond excel before you got all pissy for me missing a quote.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone like starpoint gemini 2? Trying to decide between like it, divinity, or wasteland 2 as my final purchase.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Oh be nice - it was partly for the guy above you, radditsu, Mint syncing. Mint is freemium and uses targeted marketing based on your inputs. But you knew that, right? Right.

We don't have the same tax-income system you do. I was going to ask how this software is beneficial beyond excel before you got all pissy for me missing a quote.
It's beneficial over something like Excel because not everyone is savvy enough to set up an excellent, workable spreadsheet of all their finances. I set up really awesome spreadsheets for friends, and their eyes start glazing over after a few minutes of me explaining to them how to use them.

I made a TCO calc in Excel for friends that are looking at new vehicles...it's a real eye opener for most of them.

As usual, though, it's always the people that can least afford to piss away money that end up pissing away money and then complaining because they are always broke.

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone like starpoint gemini 2? Trying to decide between like it, divinity, or wasteland 2 as my final purchase.
they are three so very different games its impossible to "choose" between them, just whatever you have an itch to scratch right now - D&D style rpg (divinity), fallout style RPG (wasteland 2) or freelancer space game (gemini). Just purely going on metacritic i'd say the order you play them should be

divinity - 87 MC
wasteland 2 - 81 MC
starpoint gemini 2 (do you need to play 1 first?) - 69 MC

i'd only buy one, as all three will be on deeper discounts this summer and it'll take that long to finish any of the 3.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I use Mint - it does do the targeted marketing (although it's incredibly easy to ignore) - not seen anything that they attempt to charge for to call it "Freemium" though - unless it's that Mint Bills thing that's a seperate login when I go to the PC website (never touched it). Phone App has nothing that would incur cost that I've seen going all over it.

And for the wife and I, since we keep joint accounts rather than separate accounts - it allows her and I to make sure how a budget is doing at a glance without worrying about how the other's spending was or totaling up the books each night - that's not something a spreadsheet allows. And it's far better than our solutions to balancing the checkbook back in the day. (I was all the digital currency/checks, she was all hard currency)

For those that budget individually after basic bills are handled I can see how it could be rather redundant. But when you've got your budget with multiple people drawing on the same fund - it's a ton easier than totaling receipts every night, I've done it before - it sucks.

Now the only stuff we need to remember is tips because they show delayed most of the time - rest we could just ignore each other and still know when we're maxing out a budget. (And generally we dine out at a sitdown maybe once a week - so $10 in limbo at the most barring special events)

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
they are three so very different games its impossible to "choose" between them, just whatever you have an itch to scratch right now - D&D style rpg (divinity), fallout style RPG (wasteland 2) or freelancer space game (gemini). Just purely going on metacritic i'd say the order you play them should be

divinity - 87 MC
wasteland 2 - 81 MC
starpoint gemini 2 (do you need to play 1 first?) - 69 MC

i'd only buy one, as all three will be on deeper discounts this summer and it'll take that long to finish any of the 3.
Put that way, I already bought like 10 games and had another 10 unplayed. Want them but I guess I'll wait for summer sale. (Not sure I got anything spacey so maybe starpoint.)

Column_sl

shitlord
Steam sales are pretty poor for me now. They used to be better when every site didn't do sales constantly, but between G2A and other package sites it's pretty much a Steam Sale all year long.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bought Wasteland 2 at 1PM on the dot after waffling back and forth about it for three days about whether or not I'd actually find time to play it before it goes on sale again, for less. I wanted D:OS too now that the game isn't being patched daily, but Larian's going to need to do better than -33%.