Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here we go again... Damn.

Screenshot_20240627-201527.png

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
i haven't bought or played any of these just saw in a discord these are currently on deep discount and high ratings, if anyone has an opinion on any of these chime in. really just posting so i can look over them this weekend and see if any i'd wanna play on my deck

edit: i do own the batman games and they are awesome although the last one is kinda meh and i think one of the batman games is missing cuz its made by another studio

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Usually there is a game that I see in all of the sales that Ive been dying to play, but not this time. Instead, its mostly just a bunch of games that I could see myself playing but ultimately know I wouldnt play them in their entirety. A couple games that have had PC releases that I would consider if they were cheaper, but they arent cheap enough for me to rebuy them just for the ability to mod them.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This Steam sale is one of the worst ever. Majority of my wish list is either A) Not on sale, B) worse deals than previous non-seasonal sales.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I cleaned up my wish list, removed a dozen of games that I figured I'm not ever going to buy and play anyway, and then bought a bunch of the low price stuff that's never getting any cheaper than they were(or like .5euro cheaper maybe in 2years kind of shit). Ended up spending like 50euros for 6-7 games so pretty nice, the sales weren't any better than usual but I figured I'd just pick them up now for later(half of that is traditional roguelikes which I was running low on).

This is roughly the only thing I do during sales, every few years I clean up the wishlist and grab a bunch of games at once to sit in my library until they're played. I only pick stuff up I know I'll play and when I don't have much left in the same genre and if the price is unlikely to go much lower.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Dragons Dogma 2 is free for 2 hours (now - July 18) on Steam if you have not picked it up. I'm DL it now to give it a shot. Was highly anticipated by me until I saw the feedback here. (don't GAF about reviews)

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fanatical actually has some decent sales, unlike Steam's steaming heap of shit.

Fanatical, Green Man Gaming, and some others are good for some really wicked sales...however, they're 3rd party sites so if you buy from them and you don't like the game, you can't get a refund like you can purchasing directly from Steam. So buyer beware.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
i haven't bought or played any of these just saw in a discord these are currently on deep discount and high ratings, if anyone has an opinion on any of these chime in. really just posting so i can look over them this weekend and see if any i'd wanna play on my deck

edit: i do own the batman games and they are awesome although the last one is kinda meh and i think one of the batman games is missing cuz its made by another studio

Prodigal is pretty good. It's kind of like the old 2D Zelda games (specifically Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages) but has lots of modern design goodies like non-linear progression, challenge modes, and tons of postgame content (mostly in the form of new dungeons). The sequel, Veritus, comes out next month, and there's a demo for it on Steam.