Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Gratuitous Space Battles, Gratuitous Tank Battles and possibly others @ Weekly Humble Bundles
http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Pay more than a dollar for steam keys (excl. Kudos 2) and pay more than average for Democracy 2 as well.

Anyone given it a go?

Stave

Potato del Grande
$9.59 if you just want MP3+DLC. Decent deal if you care about a bunch of MP DLC, I guess. The game itself is mediocre at best, and has been on sale for $10 (w/o DLC) several times.

There's also various other Rockstar deals, like L.A. Noire complete for $6 or GTA III/VC/SA/IV/EFLC for $10, etc.
Yeah, I picked up a deal on Amazon a while back where I got LA Noire complete edition and Max Payne 3, for $10, was a steal.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Gratuitous Space Battles, Gratuitous Tank Battles and possibly others @ Weekly Humble Bundles
http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Pay more than a dollar for steam keys (excl. Kudos 2) and pay more than average for Democracy 2 as well.

Anyone given it a go?
I'm a HUGE fan of both the Gratuitous games, but GSB without the DLC won't be nearly as fun and your options for multiplayer will be severely limited.

Never played Democracy.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I am loving Deus Ex HR. Great pickup for it and all it's DLC for 7 bucks. can't wait for the Director's Cut that fixes the boss fights

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Deus Ex was the most fun up front. Eventually you get so powerful you can just pretty much run and gun the missions.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah DXHR in stealth/ghost mode is awesome although once you get the full set of "ultravision" stuff it gets a little too easy. Dishonored was very similar (able to ghost every mission) in a steampunk kinda setting, and hitman was also fun for similar gameplay style.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
HR also has the worst ending of alltime
What was so bad about it? Because you watched it instead of played it out?

I also don't get why people were so upset about the boss fights. Yes, it's a bit out of place if you go full stealth, but none of them were terribly hard even on the highest difficulty. Now, maybe if you'd passed a lot of opportunities for xp I could see some difficulty (especially that first one), but that's about it.

I really enjoyed the game but I wish the stealth game had been a little smarter. I should be able to knock someone out who is behind another guy by only a foot and not have that guy notice.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That, plus all the choices' outcomes sucked, plus the rest of the game had absolutely nothing to do ending you got. You can simply save your game and watch them all.

It wasn't the worst ending of all time though. BioWare took the same exact concept and made it even shittier.

I also don't get why people were so upset about the boss fights. Yes, it's a bit out of place if you go full stealth, but none of them were terribly hard even on the highest difficulty. Now, maybe if you'd passed a lot of opportunities for xp I could see some difficulty (especially that first one), but that's about it.
They were made by a third party instead of the primary developers, and it showed. The only good idea they had in the entire bunch was the trick with the laser shooting through glass. It gets even worse when you play Missing Link and see how well the final fight in that DLC was done compared to the garbage in the main game.

spronk

FPS noob
I don't even remember much about dxhr, I just remember I loved crawling around vents and listening to peoples convos or reading their hidden emails. I don't even wanna think what kinda weird shit that says about me.

borderlands 2 (not season pass) and xcom/dlcs are 75% off from here
http://getgamesgo.com/category/borde...-and-xcom-sale

never used their site but people on reddit saying its legit and you get steam keys, they also have tomb raider, hitman and some other games on sale
http://getgamesgo.com/specialoffers

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Get Games is owned by Eurogamer (UK), so yeah it's legit. It also has the same problem as GMG and Gamersgate though, fuckers don't take AMEX.
frown.png

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

I really enjoyed the game but I wish the stealth game had been a little smarter. I should be able to knock someone out who is behind another guy by only a foot and not have that guy notice.
The entire final zone is retarded. It turns from being a tactical stealth game (though like I said it stopped being that about halfway through) and then turned into a zombie fighter game against a horde of mindless enemies. Then, regardless of what you did the entire game, you get to choose your ending.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Stalker shadow of Chernobyl is 5 bucks today. Pretty decent. Yeah the first mission sucks because your gun sucks, its not a shitty game, its just a shitty starting gun.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was looking at this Raiden Legacy d/l wondering if there are any good indie shmups, overhead or sidescroll, or any good ace combat or panzer dragoon style games. Not really a fan of the Everyday Shooter style of games though.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
first Stalker game is pretty badass once you get deeper into it and past the bugs. The "dungeons" are actually pretty good for a scary element. Angry psychic-powered objects getting thrown at you that you can't fight back against is good times.

I haven't indulged into the 2nd two games, are they any good in the same regard? I enjoyed some of the hardcore warfare in the cityscape near the end of the first game too.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I personally didn't feel the sequels ever quite got the feel of the first game right again.

They also seemed smaller/shorter.

But to be honest its been a long time and I can barely remember the sequels, yet I can remember many distinct scenarios from the first game that stuck with me for years, like the underground section and the zombie surrounded scientist bunker, and the ending, etc.