Street Fighter 5

Needless

Toe Sucker
How deep in the tourny are they? I just clicked on it and saw Laura vs Gief... that does not seem like it's even remotely close to top 16 hahaha

Gief is legitimately bottom tier in this game (imo) and i'm so god damn happy about that.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think Giefs biggest problem is that there doesn't appear any reason to pick him over Birdie. Sure, his command grab isn't as much raw damage as SPD, but his toolbox is infinitely bigger and his normals are such slow startup garbage.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have you tried use JoyToKey? It is what I had to use to get my PS4 controller to work with this game.

-To the others I understand that Chun, Nash, Bison seem are the strong ones with one I am missing that I can't remember.
JoyToKey and Xpadder are both kinda laggy. x360ce works a lot better.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Will have to check it out. I felt like I was timing stuff correctly but I thought my friend was just beating me out based on frame data looks like it may have been the program instead.

Column_sl

shitlord
How deep in the tourny are they? I just clicked on it and saw Laura vs Gief... that does not seem like it's even remotely close to top 16 hahaha

Gief is legitimately bottom tier in this game (imo) and i'm so god damn happy about that.
Snake was wrecking with Gief last night.

There really is no bad characters right now

Column_sl

shitlord
I wish I could find the video of this high ranked Nash player Floe played yesterday, he did the sickest punish combo I've watched so far. You would think he was playing Marvel

Also watching FourWude play Ryu is an eye opener. He makes him look so fast.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I wish I could find the video of this high ranked Nash player Floe played yesterday, he did the sickest punish combo I've watched so far. You would think he was playing Marvel

Also watching FourWude play Ryu is an eye opener. He makes him look so fast.
Was it like: back mk, sonic boom xx v trigger (top behind), j.HK juggle into CA? that combo looks sick lol

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's so laggy to play online... Even 4-5 bar opponents can be Slideshow Fighter 5 for me...

My name is Mahfightmoney pls add me and own me >_<

Column_sl

shitlord
Hah, tool assisted is at it again with his army of Bots!

Mike Russ Plz

p6IUxUp.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If you didn't know, Gootecks from Cross Counter is doing a video series on Street Fighter 101. These are super super basic fighting game stuff and he even says if you have a passing knowledge of fighting games they may be too basic. But since it is a new launch and may be some newcomers thought I'd link it.

Gootecks may not win EVO but he really loves to coach, treach, and fighting games.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If you didn't know, Gootecks from Cross Counter is doing a video series on Street Fighter 101. These are super super basic fighting game stuff and he even says if you have a passing knowledge of fighting games they may be too basic. But since it is a new launch and may be some newcomers thought I'd link it.

Gootecks may not win EVO but he really loves tomake money.
FTFY

I've heard nothing but good things about his "pay sessions" except from those who challenge him and lose $$$. He wont even play you in a friendly unless you pony up. Can't really blame him though.

edit: I'm serious though, if you're in the LA area and you have a disposable income, you can contact him and for like 150$ an hour he'll invite you over and teach you how to play. Every so often I get to hear a Gootecks story at work. Apparently he lives right near where I work (Pershing Square'ish)

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
$150 an hour seems excessive, especially with Gootecks. Air was charging $40 an hour during AE2012 and Air can at least get into top 8 in a legit tournament. I don't know if he still does it though.

sebur

Bronze Squire
$150 an hour seems excessive, especially with Gootecks. Air was charging $40 an hour during AE2012 and Air can at least get into top 8 in a legit tournament. I don't know if he still does it though.
This doesn't mean you can't teach. I understand a lot of the high level stuff in the games I play, can I do them ? Nope. I don't have the time investment for the execution side so when I get in to certain scenarios my execution fails. I am sure there are top 8/top 16 players that can't teach their respective game.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a derail to shit on the guy. Was just trying to post a helpful video for anyone new to the series.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Not a derail at all, I find that shit fascinating. I threw the 150 number out of my ass. It's expensive, and every once in a while I'll meet someone who's done it, or done the "lobby thing" where he charges a much smaller amount to skype or something with a small group and do lobby matches. I don't think these people are pro's they're people like me who have some extra money and just looking to have fun.

If my wife wouldn't kill me I'd probably do it as a vacation to go get baked and play video games in the same way normal adults used to do those sports fantasy camps and shit in the 80s and 90s

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Out of anyone in the FGC I think CrossCounter has been the "most successful" in building an online brand. Maybe sp00ky as far as the streaming and organization end? There are shirt manufacturers and other novelty items, but they've done a pretty good job of taking a passion and building stuff around it. The weekly video series tend to get good views, they have a fairly consistent hosting presence at the larger tourneys, and it seems like they continue to branch out and try new things. It is pretty awesome and wish I had half the drive of them. So yeah, charge $150 or whatever you can get out of it if people will pay it. I think we went over a lot of this two years ago or something in the other thread.