Succession

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Imagine being so fucking good in a role that your performance not only transcends the script, but ends up altering it in order for that characters story arc to continue. This is life imitating art, imitating life. Its incredible really and one of the main reasons this show is so succesful.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's so funny that Logan is written so well that even pretty SJW rags that do reviews of Succession praise his character because he's just such a badass. Like, he's basically evil, but he gets shit done and like the show says is "bulletproof". There's some weird buoyancy to all the characters where they start to sink then redeem themselves, then sink back down almost immediately. It's like a more dramatic It's Always Sunny where all the characters are assholes, but at some point you find yourself rooting for a particular asshole episode to episode.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

nu_11

It's so funny that Logan is written so well that even pretty SJW rags that do reviews of Succession praise his character because he's just such a badass. Like, he's basically evil, but he gets shit done and like the show says is "bulletproof". There's some weird buoyancy to all the characters where they start to sink then redeem themselves, then sink back down almost immediately. It's like a more dramatic It's Always Sunny where all the characters are assholes, but at some point you find yourself rooting for a particular asshole episode to episode.
Funny I also make the comparison to Its Always Sunny when I try to explain Succession. They’re shows about rooting for assholes and enjoying seeing them fail.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Imagine being so fucking good in a role that your performance not only transcends the script, but ends up altering it in order for that characters story arc to continue. This is life imitating art, imitating life. Its incredible really and one of the main reasons this show is so succesful.
The Steve Urkle effect

• 1Mother of God

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have said more than once that his role as Hannibal Lector (in Manhunter) is superior to Anthony Hopkins' version. Hopkins as Lector isn't scary or believable as a high IQ serial killer.. Cox as Lector is.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Why is Moist still ruining this thread, I mean forum, I mean website?

• 1Garbage