Succession

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit what the fuck. I haven't seen such a mundane thing captured so powerfully in so long. This had vibes of the buffy episode where her mom dies. Just straight up out of left field and the way they portray it man. Death always hits like this. It's never some dramatic, holding your loves one's hand, saying your last goodbyes. It's a sudden punch to the gut when your going about your day. It's finding your loved one in the shitter or on the floor. It's awkward and confusing and this show deserves all the awards for every category.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Great fucking episode, just them in denial for so long and everyone doing everything to not quite affirm what actually is happening. The actor playing Tom is unreal. Like Kendall is obviously amazing but that dude is a method acting semi-psycho so it makes sense, but Tom goes from Business Bro Boss to emotional sapling in an instant. Dude deserves another Emmy for his role.

Connor handling it was interesting. I expected him to crumble, but really he handled it the most calm out of all of them, but I guess he wasn't competing with his father, just benefitting from him and with his death he's just mostly likely got guaranteed money with less likelihood of his siblings fucking it up now.

I'm sure all the 1950's revisionist redpill based incels will be happy that Willa openly stated she was mostly with Con for the money but she realized it was probably better with him than trying to do anything else. I'm sure Reddit is updooting their memes so hard the undersides of their desks look like the top of a cave system.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
As a person with a shitty father who died recently, I really couldn't reconcile their intense emotional reactions with how their relationships had been portrayed in the series. I mean, I get it was complicated and the mother was somehow even less of a parent, but it seemed really strong. Connor reacted the way I thought made sense.

Also, LOL to all the shit websites that were blasting his death in headlines right after it happened. What assholes.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a person with a shitty father who died recently, I really couldn't reconcile their intense emotional reactions with how their relationships had been portrayed in the series. I mean, I get it was complicated and the mother was somehow even less of a parent, but it seemed really strong. Connor reacted the way I thought made sense.

Also, LOL to all the shit websites that were blasting his death in headlines right after it happened. What assholes.
I think more so then their emotional attachment to him they were ultimately reconciling the loss of power and protection and status by losing him.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think more so then their emotional attachment to him they were ultimately reconciling the loss of power and protection and status by losing him.
Yeah, I can see that. Also, just the unfinished nature of their relationship and mourning the idea of a father versus the one they actually had. Definitely no closure to be had.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

People certainly respond differently to various forms a childhood neglect and/or abuse.

My guess is that they looked at the psych profile of total parental neglect/lack of affection when it comes to Connor, but, they were also rich, so it was a raised by the help situation (nobility of old trope?). When Logan ditched Connor's mother and had her committed, he was on to the new wife and new family. The type of circumstance were the new wife doesn't want to see or hear the old wife's kid.

The other three kid's profiles look more along the lines of their mother and Logan were married longer, and she was able to push/manipulate Logan to be just involved enough for him to learn how to best manipulate them; in turn that made them constantly seek his approval.

With as good as this show is, I would assume they are doing a fair amount of psychological research, which would be needed to set up the family dynamic and keep it consistent.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah. He wasn't just their Dad, he was basically a force of nature in their lives. Love him or hate him, things are going to change big time.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good lord, this show is incredible. Every single one of the character's is so well written and acted. Just give everyone involved all the Emmy's.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Another great episode. The scene with Tom and the other officers discussing the open CEO slot was lol.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yet another great episode, show is just so well down on all fronts.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great season so far, and it should only get better.

My only disappointment is how they have handled Greg. I was interested to see some actual growth from his character, but they have portrayed him as a bumbling idiot through and through, basically just tagging along as Toms lowly sidekick who no one likes. I mean, he is an idiot, but I liked his character in the sense that he was the only person on the show that regular people could relate to, putting themselves in his shoes as he tight ropes his way through such a fascinating environment way above his station.

Greg could have really elevated the show, but I feel like his character is under-developed. Who knows though its not over yet, I feel like he still has some kind of role to play in the end. (besides being a fuck up)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great season so far, and it should only get better.

My only disappointment is how they have handled Greg. I was interested to see some actual growth from his character, but they have portrayed him as a bumbling idiot through and through, basically just tagging along as Toms lowly sidekick who no one likes. I mean, he is an idiot, but I liked his character in the sense that he was the only person on the show that regular people could relate to, putting themselves in his shoes as he tight ropes his way through such a fascinating environment way above his station.

Greg could have really elevated the show, but I feel like his character is under-developed. Who knows though its not over yet, I feel like he still has some kind of role to play in the end. (besides being a fuck up)
Your opinion and expectations of Greg are oddly high.

7fe3197da7c44420e8e982b24cf18c94bfdaa543.gifv

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Seems like they were almost going to go that route when he stole the papers he was supposed to shred and was using them as leverage, but then yeah, he went right back to being relegated to the short bus.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
'How am I supposed to follow this, he just offered them eternal life' lol.

This show is going to end at the perfect time, both resolving the initial succession premise and yet leaving us wanting seasons more of this family's corporate and personal drama.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Amazing fucking episode.

The suspense was unbelievable, and a lot of the episode was funny aa fuck. And it looks like my expectations of Greg were not unfounded, as he finds himself as the number 1 guys number 1 going forward.

Rest of season is gonna be insane.