Summer 2014 Anime Thread

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
anyone else watching barakamon? im not too much into slice of life but damn, there isnt one episde that this anime made me laugh the hell up.

Its really really fun.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Tokyo Ghoul has started to pick up the past couple of episodes I think. Main character finally starting to do something, though the mask is kind of ridiculous.

Fadaar

That guy
Tokyo Ghoul has started to pick up the past couple of episodes I think. Main character finally starting to do something, though the mask is kind of ridiculous.
Yeah my friend that I usually watch shows with and I were considering dropping it but the last two episodes have finally started to show promise. Maybe SAO will finally do that... though I haven't seen this week's episode yet, been lazy and haven't seen any Saturday shows yet.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Recent discussion has suggested that although Aldnoah is 24 episodes it will be split cour and on hiatus for the 2nd half until Winter or Spring. So only 4 more episodes of awesome.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Recent discussion has suggested that although Aldnoah is 24 episodes it will be split cour and on hiatus for the 2nd half until Winter or Spring. So only 4 more episodes of awesome.
Boo. Although if it avoids the second half going to shit, as seems to be fashionable these days, I guess it's worth it.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Just binge watched 15 eps of SAO.

Jesus is this serie good. Even the romance is not the usual cringe worthy Japanese bullshit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tell me about it. I actually cared about the characters. SOA II (the new series) gets a little strange, but it's still entertaining. It just doesn't have the same momentum of the first series.

Malakriss

The pacing is the complete opposite, instead of having to cram material into a finite amount of episodes they got a full two-cour run to spread out the story in.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If I'm not mistaken, aren't the Manga and Anime's for Sword Art Online the exact same stories? IE - the Anime is a page for page adaption of the Manga?
If that's the case, then the Anime is being completely accurate. It's just that this season, the reference material (Manga) doesn't translate the moving action from the first 2 stories.

I could be wrong about that, and if that's the case I'll gladly shut the fuck up now.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I'm not mistaken, aren't the Manga and Anime's for Sword Art Online the exact same stories? IE - the Anime is a page for page adaption of the Manga?
If that's the case, then the Anime is being completely accurate. It's just that this season, the reference material (Manga) doesn't translate the moving action from the first 2 stories.

I could be wrong about that, and if that's the case I'll gladly shut the fuck up now.
havent read the manga, but its page for page with the lightnovels. So yeah, its just this arc suck a little bit. Mother Rosario/underworld arcs are much better. Anyway for ggo now it shud mostly be action till the end.

Malakriss

The SAO light novel, the anime, and the manga all cover the originally written story. Then as the author was creating side stories and additional material he began rewriting an extended version (detailing more floors) on his web page which modified and retconned some things. As he got popular and the volumes were getting published he pulled the web versions, but has now chosen to continue writing the altered stuff in the SAO: Progressive manga which is up to chapter 10.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Akame ga Kill has been my biggest disappointment so far, there's no character development worth a damn. That combined with a lackluster story makes for a very average anime. Don't understand why they'd go through the back story of several characters that aren't around long enough to make any lasting impression, or to even care about their history.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ok just finished season one of SAO.
Wow just wow. Everything from 'grand quest' to the end was the best anime I have ever seen.
Kirito is a bad bad man and he deserves to get all them bishes.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Akame ga Kill has been my biggest disappointment so far, there's no character development worth a damn. That combined with a lackluster story makes for a very average anime. Don't understand why they'd go through the back story of several characters that aren't around long enough to make any lasting impression, or to even care about their history.
To show the main character grow through adversity and make you uncomfortable about getting attached to any one character. I don't see how you can say there's no character growth, it just so happens there are a lot of characters and they introduce new ones seemingly every episode. But there is certainly plenty of character growth. Akame ga Kill is one of the best animes this season and you should feel bad for not seeing it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I catch the occassional eps from akame kill once in a while. Seems rushed, manga is more explored imo.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Wow just wow. Everything from 'grand quest' to the end was the best anime I have ever seen.
Kirito is a bad bad man and he deserves to get all them bishes.
There's a new annoying girl in SAO II. She acts a lot like Kirito's sister, but she's just a needy chick that killed some dude when she was younger. We'll see if she develops further.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
There's a new annoying girl in SAO II. She acts a lot like Kirito's sister, but she's just a needy chick that killed some dude when she was younger. We'll see if she develops further.
Near the beginning I was thinking there was going to be some secret reveal and it be like... Haha We tricked you it's really Kirito's sister playing that character.