Summer 2016 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
KonoSuba season 2 scheduled for January 2017. Attack on Titan season 2 supposedly in April.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That layover on Titan, I tell ya. KonoSuba was really entertaining for how short it was; can't wait for more.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While KonoSuba was being released, I was also watching Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. It was yet another "stuck in the game" style show, but from the side of the people that aren't very good (like DanMachi) except they don't have the ability to super powerup over the course of the series. There was also a feminine touch to the show. Not as much hack and slash animation. Softer music. It was also a bit of a love story. I enjoyed it.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It started soooo shittily. Like for anyone who has ever played an mmo, they were total pussfags. It got much better after the healer guy died, and ended up being a really strong anime.

I give mad props to the obvious water color backgrounds. It really set the tone from the very beginning, and just accented scenes really well.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I completely agree with the water color backgrounds and stuff. Regarding the healers, both boy & girl healers had the exact same problem when they first started. However, everyone else in her group wiped, where as he was the only death in his. She learned from her mistake (making her a cold healer), but it worked out for the best. Great show.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I loved Grimgar. I'd love to see a second season but not sure we'll get it. They did the small fish in a large pond really well.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Grimgar was good, but they really played the dude's loss waaaaaay too much. It infested a lot of the show, and I think it overshadowed the other characters too much.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I dropped it after the table tennis episode. Shit just stopped making sense.
Too bad cause it started really good.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Looking forward to tomorrow's Shokugeki. I enjoyed last week's episode, so this week looks promising as well. I still think exhaustion will step in, but it'll be a minor issue. Or possibly a learning curve. "Don't work so hard or else x could happen".

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Considering the trend, it's probably going to be a mini-victory with Shino battling him in a shokugeki to see if it gets added or something, with Soma losing. This is definitely the arc connections where Soma "struggles" in shonen fashion, esp. after his loss in the Autumn Elections.

I will be really sad if they just stop this series here =/ It's my favorite anime at the moment and competing for my favorite ever with Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop. And not because I have a Steve Blum thing.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was happy with the finale of Soma. They did it well. He made a good dish that wasn't perfect, so the other dude showed him how to make it a little better. Learning accomplished. Then a quick Shokugeki victory back at school. He's growing.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Spoiled myself on Mob Psycho. Next episode will be hilarious.
1000% GRATITUDE
H5j15xW.png

I hope there's a season 2!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have enjoyed that Psy show (the one about the high school kid that's a psychic). The first episode talking about that girl being the perfect girl and how everyone should love her is ultimately what hooked me. But I've come to actually like the show as well. Only 1 more episode to go (I think. unless they stretch it to a 2 season long thing).

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
1000% GRATITUDE

I hope there's a season 2!

Me too, I just watched it over the past couple days after seeing it mentioned in this thread (and having nothing else to watch at the moment). Constantly had me laughing, I should probably start checking out more of the shows I see mentioned in these threads than I usually do.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
holy shit 91 days. What a great ending to a good show.

• 1Like