Summoner's War - Sky Arena

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I finally have a somewhat decent (depending on the elemental dungeon) team for farming up essences, but the ability to acquire decent natural 4* units still escapes me. I currently have the following natural 4* monsters:

Wind Lich
Fire Undine
Wind Kung Fu Girl
Water Nine-tailed Fox
Wind Nine-tailed Fox
Water Brownie Magician
Water Ninja
Light Sylph

Dungeon team consists of (all 5*) Shannon, Bernard, Raoq, Wind Ninja and Tyron. I'm currently working on the essences to awaken Orochi but after that (and barring me pulling something amazing between now and then) which of those monsters would be worth keeping? I''m fairly certain I'll be using the ninja to feed to Orochi and the Sylph to Tyron (unless they're both worth keeping) but outside of that I'm not too sure. Opinions?

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I personally keep all my natural 4's, unless they are duplicates.. just in case they get buffed.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Water 9 tail is a solid DPS monster that is a counter to Chloe teams
wind 9 tail is used in Wind Valk fusion, but you need a Chloe to really shine on her.
Water Ninja is Food for Water Phoenix (highly recommend if you are struggling with TOA)

As for the rest - its usually good to save them, in the off chance they get turned into a super monster in one of their Oprah patches. De-rune them, toss them into storage!

Also, I know I spout this a lot guys, but you're both one of the few folks that hasn't joined us on line. We're at around 15 people active and coordinating guild wars. Also Xith, you're on Offense on our current guildwar. If you want to opt out I'll sub you in the next round.

Fiftyfour

Yea I've actually had the Line app installed for ages, just.. never remember to use it.

Thanks for the help. Forgot that Water Ninja was Phoenix fusion food. I'm half-assedly working on the monsters for the three 5 star fusions, which basically means I'm leveling and storing the ones I have while I wait for the RNGesus to bless me with the ones I'm missing.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also, I know I spout this a lot guys, but you're both one of the few folks that hasn't joined us on line. We're at around 15 people active and coordinating guild wars. Also Xith, you're on Offense on our current guildwar. If you want to opt out I'll sub you in the next round.
Why would I want to opt out?

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Just wasn't sure, you haven't used any swords on the current match (we're going to lose it though)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I need some real talk advice here.

Currently my defense has only been attacked 3 times, and my second string even clearly sucks balls and should be an easy win. I haven't checked everyone, but I think the next lowest is Aevry with 6. Now you might think, well that's awesome Vvoid, that means they don't get any of your hps. True, but is it really helping all that much for them to just avoid me? Putting aside how much it sucks not getting all those extra points for successful defenses (and to be clear, I have 2 L/L and 1 L/D so at this pace I wouldn't have many points even if 30 people attacked me), it seems like it is better to entice someone to attack and possibly take out some of their monsters, weakening their follow up attacks, than just have them completely avoid me. Because we all know it is those final few percent that really make the difference, and if you lose your good attackers sometimes those are impossible to get. Not to mention, I think I'm ranked like 11th or so in the guild per arena results, which would make me only a 1*, so most people might not want to waste their time on me for that reason too.

Currently it is Camilla, Chasun, and Hwa. The first two both have over 35k hps, and Hwa has over 200 natural speed. Solid defense I feel, although I've lost at least twice already with it. But should I maybe replace Camilla, who most people just avoid, with something more damaging? I have plenty of decent monsters, although half of them are more dragons/defensive oriented so not really a good fit here, but I've got a Lushen, a wind OG, wind rak, etc. Not to mention some good 5*s that I could easily raise up quickly. Arnold, Verde, Chloe, more Hwas, Tyrons, Chasun, etc. Hell, if I go with dark creatures, I literally have 30 fucking angelmon from trying to get a yeti sd, so I could pretty much max 6* my PT or Ninja right now if I wanted. Maybe both.

Along those lines, my second string attack is usually some combination of Camilla, Ahman, Bella, Lushen, Charlotte (wind OG), and Yen (wind rak). Not bad, but none of them are totally max runed or awesomely configured. Would it be smart to maybe do something like level my Dark Joker and Phantom Thief to give me a little diversity and quick damage potential? And to maybe put one of them (or something else) in place of my Camilla on defense, to entice some attacks my way and hopefully surprise someone? Or just stay with the "no one attack that guy" defense?

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Ok, I need some real talk advice here.

Currently my defense has only been attacked 3 times, and my second string even clearly sucks balls and should be an easy win. I haven't checked everyone, but I think the next lowest is Aevry with 6. Now you might think, well that's awesome Vvoid, that means they don't get any of your hps. True, but is it really helping all that much for them to just avoid me? Putting aside how much it sucks not getting all those extra points for successful defenses (and to be clear, I have 2 L/L and 1 L/D so at this pace I wouldn't have many points even if 30 people attacked me), it seems like it is better to entice someone to attack and possibly take out some of their monsters, weakening their follow up attacks, than just have them completely avoid me. Because we all know it is those final few percent that really make the difference, and if you lose your good attackers sometimes those are impossible to get. Not to mention, I think I'm ranked like 11th or so in the guild per arena results, which would make me only a 1*, so most people might not want to waste their time on me for that reason too.

Currently it is Camilla, Chasun, and Hwa. The first two both have over 35k hps, and Hwa has over 200 natural speed. Solid defense I feel, although I've lost at least twice already with it. But should I maybe replace Camilla, who most people just avoid, with something more damaging? I have plenty of decent monsters, although half of them are more dragons/defensive oriented so not really a good fit here, but I've got a Lushen, a wind OG, wind rak, etc. Not to mention some good 5*s that I could easily raise up quickly. Arnold, Verde, Chloe, more Hwas, Tyrons, Chasun, etc. Hell, if I go with dark creatures, I literally have 30 fucking angelmon from trying to get a yeti sd, so I could pretty much max 6* my PT or Ninja right now if I wanted. Maybe both.

Along those lines, my second string attack is usually some combination of Camilla, Ahman, Bella, Lushen, Charlotte (wind OG), and Yen (wind rak). Not bad, but none of them are totally max runed or awesomely configured. Would it be smart to maybe do something like level my Dark Joker and Phantom Thief to give me a little diversity and quick damage potential? And to maybe put one of them (or something else) in place of my Camilla on defense, to entice some attacks my way and hopefully surprise someone? Or just stay with the "no one attack that guy" defense?
I would personally keep the strong defense - Cam is really really strong in 3's and if they aren't attacking you then that is a huge chunk of our guild HP that is not being hit - the more people with hugely strong defenses, the harder the choice will be for "who do I attack?" in order to get our guild HP under 30%. When we are down to 35% and there are only a handful of our defense that they haven't attacked yet, then they make the hard decisions and hopefully lose.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I agree with nidhogg. I don't think a few extra guild tokens is worth the extra chance of losing against another guild and taking the rank hit. Would you be able to get the shop ifirit quicker? Maybe, but none of the guild rewards are necessarily forward progress for some of us.

I'm always a fan of diversity. I feel like too many people take the reddit threads as gospel, then 2 months later someone actually puts some effort into a C rank and it becomes a cornerstone (Lumi for example). I would definitely max out dark PT. I think Spork's does 29k or so and he uses it to snipe monsters.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I agree with nidhogg. I don't think a few extra guild tokens is worth the extra chance of losing against another guild and taking the rank hit. Would you be able to get the shop ifirit quicker? Maybe, but none of the guild rewards are necessarily forward progress for some of us.

I'm always a fan of diversity. I feel like too many people take the reddit threads as gospel, then 2 months later someone actually puts some effort into a C rank and it becomes a cornerstone (Lumi for example). I would definitely max out dark PT. I think Spork's does 29k or so and he uses it to snipe monsters.
Yea especially in 3s, as long as you go before them, it's an auto-kill on any light monster (Bella, Ahman, Aria, Iona) which is huge in a 3v3.
Level that bad boy up. Guild Wars has made it worthwhile to have many, many 6*s to pick from for GOffense.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I kept my defense as is, although I replaced wind OG in my second string with dark joker just for a little diversity. I leveled that one up first because it was already max 5*, and PT is only level 1 5*, so I'll work on the PT next. I'm sure I'll get another 30 angelmons before I get my yeti anyway
frown.png

Thanks for the advice. I will just take heart in knowing that our enemies are a bunch of pussies!

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well as we rise in the ranking we're bound to face tougher opponents that will attack you ... Our opponents can't really ignore 3 people and win.

Thengel

Wait, is summoners war fun again? I think Brave Frontier is reaching the end of its lifespan for me.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mons are originally summoned as either 2, 3, 4, or 5*'s. Unknown Scrolls summon 1-3* and Mystical Scrolls summon 3-5*. 4* are rare, and can be quite useful (lotta trash in here though), 5* are really rare and are almost all great to have. And because the gamemakers love to fuck with us, you CAN get an awakened 2* in a 3* slot, an awakened 3* in a 4* slot, and an awakened 4* in a 5* slot.

Thengel

Random questions, since I'm new here:

1 - What's the new place to exp? Still Faimon 1, or have we evolved?
2 - Do imps still work for giants / others? I have a full imp team fully runed, kinda sucks if they are no good.
3 - Also have dark elemental, who was really only good for giants. Now it seems like he's not. Worthless?
4 - Dark Ifirit worth fusing for?
5 - I have stuff like light bearman, light inugami, wind pixie that I will work on bringing up to 6*. Any other farmables that are new or buffed that I should look out for or focus on?
6 - This light fairy queen worth a damn? Have light fairy too.

Fiftyfour

1. AFAIK Faimon 1 on the hardest difficulty you can auto is still the best farming zone due mostly to mana/energy return.

2. Imp team no longer works for Giants/Dragons.

3.4. No clue

5. Interested myself.

6. No Clue.

I'm so helpful.
tongue.png