Summoner's War - Sky Arena

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Great to hear, my current lineup is pretty crap even with some 4 *'s and awakens, hyped to pick him up, just need to pick up 1 more monster then a few levels and good to go.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my lineup hasn't changed whom would be the best option for my first 6star? (still don't know names)

wind bear
fire hellhound
water mystic witch

i'm thinking the wind bear so i can xp farm f volcano on hell (is that possible with a 6star wind bear?) hes got all 4star hp% energy runes

also i'm leveling up a water howl and wind pixie are these good for 6star too or just 5star?

yea i'd love to get natural 4s or 5s, just not happening, also i only got 3/4 mons needed for any hex fusion, so thats not really much of an option so far.

still staying with f2p, i've beaten everything on normal, hell up to v-ruins (f-volcano is proving really hard on hard), floor level 29 on ascention and i'm level31, i really need my first 6star it seems.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Wind pixie is a 100% excellent as a 6 star if you can get despair runes.

Wind Bear / Fire Hound / Water Mystic are all great at 5 stars for now. I would wait until you have a solid DPS to six star it however. One of these days you'll get a decent 4* monster in a scroll. The most important part of this game for progression is runes, so don't stress too much about 6 starring anything yet.

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
My last, and fourth, 6* was my Shannon (Wind Pixie) and that allowed me to reliably complete Giants B10. She is kinda squishy as a 5* and the ~2k base life she gains from 6* makes it worth it. I don't even have her runed despair and I'd still say it is definitely worth it (Mine is swift/focus). Although she is extremely useful, I would never recommend her being the first 6* anyone makes.

I'm going to echo Aevry and say that I would not 6* any of those monsters in the short term. Most people don't take Megan (Water Mystic Witch) past 5* that I've seen and Ramagos is great early as a 5* and can be amazing as a 6* with godly runes, but dies off in usefulness in the mid game. I haven't leveled mine past 5* yet.

Unless you get a good pull, I'd really look into farming Faimon until you pull a Roaq (Fire Inugami). He is a solid farmer and a solid first choice for 6* if you don't manage to pull a better farmer from scrolls. You need someone that will be able to efficiently farm one of the "main" exp farm spots: Hydeni 5, Tamor 4 or Faimon 1. Ramagos can probably do Hydeni but will be extremely slow.

I do recommend taking Lu Lu (Water Howl) to 5* in the short term. His healing is pretty amazing early on but dies out a bit later, and eventually the utility that Konamiya (Water Garuda) brings is more valuable. I do think that some people use him in upper TOA, but I currently haven't gotten past floor 53.

BTW, feel free to send me a friend invite (IGN: Rothir). My Acasis (Wind Sylphid) can pretty easily solo Hydeni 5 Hell.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My last, and fourth, 6* was my Shannon (Wind Pixie) and that allowed me to reliably complete Giants B10. She is kinda squishy as a 5* and the ~2k base life she gains from 6* makes it worth it. I don't even have her runed despair and I'd still say it is definitely worth it (Mine is swift/focus). Although she is extremely useful, I would never recommend her being the first 6* anyone makes.

I'm going to echo Aevry and say that I would not 6* any of those monsters in the short term. Most people don't take Megan (Water Mystic Witch) past 5* that I've seen and Ramagos is great early as a 5* and can be amazing as a 6* with godly runes, but dies off in usefulness in the mid game. I haven't leveled mine past 5* yet.

Unless you get a good pull, I'd really look into farming Faimon until you pull a Roaq (Fire Inugami). He is a solid farmer and a solid first choice for 6* if you don't manage to pull a better farmer from scrolls. You need someone that will be able to efficiently farm one of the "main" exp farm spots: Hydeni 5, Tamor 4 or Faimon 1. Ramagos can probably do Hydeni but will be extremely slow.

I do recommend taking Lu Lu (Water Howl) to 5* in the short term. His healing is pretty amazing early on but dies out a bit later, and eventually the utility that Konamiya (Water Garuda) brings is more valuable. I do think that some people use him in upper TOA, but I currently haven't gotten past floor 53.

BTW, feel free to send me a friend invite (IGN: Rothir). My Acasis (Wind Sylphid) can pretty easily solo Hydeni 5 Hell.
funny enough, just got a fire inugami, he's 4* and awakened now. guess i just gotta pump some work into him then. i have pretty good swift runes on him atm, what would be the change over? to violent/blade when i can farm those better?

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
For Inu I believe it's usually fatal/blade when he's 5* and violent blade once he's a 6* badass with red hot runes. You just want pure attack % on him, so he can one shot everything consistently. You don't want to have to rely on crits, or he'll stop chaining when one doesn't crit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Finally pulled a good 4*, fire joker, should he be my focus for 6* vs fire inu/wind bear?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what should my initial runes be and then my final set?

so i'd raise jojo's skills by fusing another joker? or devilmon? i have 4devilmons banked atm should i bust them on jojo?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is it worth it to unlock all the slots in the magic shop? Not sure if the later slots sell really good shit or if it is a total waste of reds.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It is, but not initially. Get what you don't mind paying for, otherwise ignore the rest for now. They don't give you better shit, just more rolls on bad shit.

Now the two buildings that create gems? Those are worth getting. They take a bit to pay off, but it's all gravy after they do.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the info, I have bought all the buildings I can with mana gems (minus towers, think I have 6? atm) I have been buying legendary runes and mystical/unknown scrolls from the shop but not much else (think I bought a 2* monster I needed for a fusion).

OneofOne

Just wait until you start farming the higher level stuff - you'll have so many Unknown scrolls you wish you could trade them in 100 to 1 for Mysticals. I have over 2k right now, and I know others here have far more than that. And that's with actually trying to whittle them down now and again lol

OneofOne

what should my initial runes be and then my final set?

so i'd raise jojo's skills by fusing another joker? or devilmon? i have 4devilmons banked atm should i bust them on jojo?
I'm no expert, but Fatal/Focus for Jojo looks nice, as his bombs ignore AC, and really benefit from the atk, and you really want those dots sticking as well.

And yes, skill ups are by the same type of mon and/or devilmons. Not sure I'd use them on him, however. If you can, you'd be better off fusing Baretta if you have the pieces, or close to them all, and using the devilmons on him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just started and feeling like I'm not doing anything good. Bunch of 4* and 3* guys just going through the areas. Think im in a jungle now with 3 arena rivals. Is there a good guide to get me where I need to be?

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Generally you want to get friends And clear through to faimon. Once you do that you should have enough crystals to pull a summon pack. You'll need to get a monster that can solo faimon level 1. Water warbear can do this fairly early if you get one.

If you don't mind getting your phone blown up you can join our group on the line application and query us there. I'd say we have 15-20 active folks in there ready to give advice and monster recommendations. There are a few longer posts in this thread with a good starting out info, which I will add in spoilers to the main page once I get home. If you install Line, send a request to Aevry and I'll add you to our group!

OneofOne

A few people have expressed interest in joining Mistwalkers. I'm cool with that, but the FoH Friends Association is sorta rocking 3 tiers of players right now - the good, sorta good, and the youngin's - and we only have 2 guilds. And each guild can only have 1 10 or 20 man guild war group. So, I see some options and I'm interested in opinions. We can take anyone in the primary guild that's not getting GW action and move them to Mistwalkers and do a 10 man, kinda screwing the guys leveling up. Or we can do a 20 man, which... will still *maybe* screw the guys leveling up. Or option 3 - ?

It basically comes down to - GWs function in such a way that you really need to have all players in a GW group of similar fighting power and ability, and for larger groups like ours, that's impossible.

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
It basically comes down to - GWs function in such a way that you really need to have all players in a GW group of similar fighting power and ability, and for larger groups like ours, that's impossible.
That is a good way to put it. I always feel like I'm bottom-of-the-barrel in the 'main' guild, but manage to hit ~13-14 consistently in contribution so I stick with it. It definitely hurts you on rewards when you are in the bottom half of the current guild's abilities, but at the same time it does give some interesting fights and satisfying wins. At my current rate I can only get 1 set of Ifrit pieces a week but I think I'm OK with that.

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
In my case with the main RR guild, I just don't have the monsters to be anything close to effective in their level of guild battles. As such I'm currently not contributing in any way, which I am fine with since me losing every battle I'm in doesn't do the guild any good. Figured a move over to Mistwalkers would allow me to actually contribute something rather than just sitting on my ass. I'm not looking to screw anyone or anything over so I can certainly stay where I am.

To give you an idea where I am in the game, I currently have 1 6* and 5 5* monsters. I can auto Giant b5, stuck at ToA 29 (That damn boss on 30 is just.. mean) and I think I can auto Dragon b5 as well but I usually run that with friend reps so..