Sunset Overdrive - The game that will establish Xbox One as the #1 2nd place console

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who is the fucking retard that greenlit the funding on this game... was it pitched as "tony hawk meets crackdown, it can't fail" ?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Whatever you do, do not stop moving. Bouncing and grinding is just plain required at all times you are in combat. Remaining on the ground, except for short melee bursts, is not a good idea and standing still is death.

spronk

FPS noob
i was gonna get an xbox one bundle today but best buy emailed me and said on nov 8th they are gonna have a deal where with the purchase of an xbox one you will get 1 free year of XBox Live. so i guess i'll just wait until then - the price of xbox one bundles also drop $50 starting sunday, so it'll be $349 for console, game, and 1 year XBL. 10% off with movers coupon, and another 5% with best buy credit card. can also trade in your old ps3/360 and get like $100-150 i think.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i was gonna get an xbox one bundle today but best buy emailed me and said on nov 8th they are gonna have a deal where with the purchase of an xbox one you will get 1 free year of XBox Live. so i guess i'll just wait until then - the price of xbox one bundles also drop $50 starting sunday, so it'll be $349 for console, game, and 1 year XBL. 10% off with movers coupon, and another 5% with best buy credit card. can also trade in your old ps3/360 and get like $100-150 i think.
Oh shit, forgot I have another mover's coupon somewhere - and they're doing a similar PS3 tradein deal like MS Store is? Hot damn.

Not that I want a XBone that bad, but still - at $235ish it does seem silly to not "upgrade" the PS3 that sees almost no use now to an XBOne for some game I'll eventually want to play.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just started playing this, its pretty cool - much more fun to play than to watch thats for sure.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Biggest problem I have is generating style past level 2. By bouncing and grinding in combat I can fairly readily maintain level 2 style, but I cannot for the life of me reach level 3 even when forcing myself to switch styles every few seconds and going from bounce to grind to undergrind to slam and then back to bounce.

There are Overcharges that can increase the style gain rate for various moves plus lower the threshold for the different levels, but I have a damn hard time gaining swing badges since there just aren't as many places to practice your gymkata on as there are bouncy surfaces or grind rails.