SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I slapped 32m on a level 11, character transfered him to Jedi Covenant and bought 4x Revanite Champion Armor Sets, character transfered back a minute later. Equipped one, sold two to make my money back, and now I have one extra.

But then Merr bought a single pack and pulled one out. JFC bro.

Malakriss

SWTOR Gamescom Cantina Tour QA - Dulfy
- Different class content?
One story, but with differences based on classes, some classes may run into something other will not

- More Seeker and Macrobinocular stuff?
Story would be spoiler. Original quests were tied to Dread Master. More stuff "might" happen

- Guild transfers?
Working on a stuff that might make it easier for guilds to move (not losing ship, decos, etc)

- Cross server?
Not ignoring the issue, something awesome in the works

- Will there be 50-55 modes for Operations
We are in for a treat. Level-syncing, whatever level operation opened at, it will sync you to minumum level it originally existed. Or maybe boost people to highest level player? Not sure?
Some flashpoints are important to the story, and have been given SOLO modes

- Will Operation gear tiers be removed?
Enitre game reitemized, changed almost every quest

- New Fleet where the Imps / Pubs actually can talk and interact?
Yes, similar to Ziost but imagine it being the "new" hub of the expansion. It is close to the size of the current fleets, main level

-What about lvl 50 space missions?
He smiled and then said, "Don?t worry, we have something up sleeve for that"

If you arrive in the new expansion, there will be a double warning that you cannot go back and finish any of your quests which are still open ! Especially class quests !

Malakriss

Looks like they clarified it as Forged Alliances, Rishi/Yavin, and Ziost. Basically, vanilla class quests and anything from your ship terminal. Because we're getting a new ship.

Guess I should actually do Oricon on my alts.

Merrith

So I slapped 32m on a level 11, character transfered him to Jedi Covenant and bought 4x Revanite Champion Armor Sets, character transfered back a minute later. Equipped one, sold two to make my money back, and now I have one extra.

But then Merr bought a single pack and pulled one out. JFC bro.
Shit burns doesn't it bro? I barely even play. Free money.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I see they finally uncapped warzone commendations. Now if we just had even the most basic of matchmaking and maybe cross server queuing, warzones would be a great way to level up.

I don't understand the lack of matchmaking. It is the most basic thing to write. It's like can you write bubble sort? The only place it is tricky is on consoles where you have to worry about nats and host migration.

Malakriss

UI, crafting, and item level hints

rrr_img_106099.jpg

rrr_img_106100.jpg

Malakriss

Latest Q&A updates:
- New statistics : primary stats will be removed ( strength etc ) and a new stats will take place to represent the main stats for every class, called "mastery". Didn?t asked about the secondary stats unfortunately. Moreover, they are going to adjust all the stats mechanics and stats forms gear.
- Nightmare operations will NEVER exist anymore. Only story and hard, forever. (Note: this refers to ToS/Ravagers and any upcoming new operations after the release of KotFE)
- All the gear from companion that will die or disappear for long time will return automatically in your inventory.
- Old planets will have no changes from KOTFE. It would be too much work.

Malakriss

KOTFE Crafting Changes | The Old Republic Community
Stat Changes
- All classes now use the same main stat: Mastery. Existing items with Aim, Cunning, Strength, and Willpower had these stats replaced with Mastery. Endurance is unaffected.
- Critical Rating has been rolled into Surge Rating. The new stat is named Critical Rating, and is now a tertiary stat (it's on enhancements instead of mods). Surge Rating no longer exists in the game.

Material Grade Crunch
- With 4.0 there are currently no new crewskill-acquired crafting materials. New recipes will use existing crewskill-acquired materials. Current crafting materials have had their item grade/level range updated.
-The following materials have been converted to Obsolete Materials. They have no use, and can be sold to a vendor.

Crafting Components
- Most crafting recipes have been updated to require pre-crafted components rather than raw materials. These crafted components require 2x each of the two gathering materials for their item grade and 2x of the vendor supplement for the item grade. War Supplies still require raw materials for crafting.

Exotic Crafting Material Sources
Personal Conquest Goal - Strategic Resource Matrix
Hard Mode Flashpoints - Exotic Isotope Stabilizer

Advanced Resistive Armoring 43 - Crafted by Armormech
Advanced Versatile Armoring 43 - Crafted by Synthweaving
Advanced Resistive Barrel 43 - Crafted by Armstech
Advanced Versatile Barrel 43 - Crafted by Armstech
Advanced Resistive Hilt 43 - Crafted by Artifice
Advanced Versatile Hilt 43 - Crafted by Artifice
Advanced Lethal Mod 43 - Crafted by Cybertech
Advanced Warding Mod 43 - Crafted by Cybertech
Advanced Adept Enhancement 43 - Crafted by Cybertech

Augments, Earpieces, and all of Biochem seem to be a Work in Progress.
From reddit thread:
The new crafted purple 43 barrels, for example, require the following:
6 Exotic Isotope Stabilizers (from HM flashpoints)
2 Adaptive Circuitry (Grade 8 Sliced Tech Part)
2 Dark Matter Catalysts (from Operations)
6 Trimantium (Grade 8 Underworld Metal)
6 Farium Arms Assembly Components (made from 2 Vanadium Flux, 2 Farium, and 2 Molytex)
Assumptions:
- Mod level 42 will be the highest crafted from trainer, Mod level 43 will be reverse engineered from SM operation loot, Mod level 44 will be HM operation loot
- Investigation may be removed
- Diplomacy may be removed or reworked, since like Investigation it feeds only a single crafting skill

Swtor Miner on Twitter:
They changed most of the main stat datacrons to Mastery. Also one of the tertiary stats is going away.

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
I guess they are really "streamlining" the game with the expansion. Class stories went away long time ago, after that hybrid specs and now it is time for stats on items. But if you think about it you didn't realy need other stats beyond your main one on items anyway. I would hope they would make some interesting items instead of just ones with +gooder on them. Procs or some additional effects or something.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It was never overly complex to begin with so I'm not sure the point. Especially since set bonuses are still going to exist. I guess it would reduce design time around stuff without a set bonus. Still, an earpiece with strength surge and power is just a copy/paste/edit from being willpower surge and power.

Crit/Surge becoming a single stat sort of makes sense, that's always been a source of confusion.

Malakriss

If they ever did want to add a new class the single main stat would make it feasible without having to update every drop/reward table from 1-65. Also a dev post today confirmed they are working on making datacrons legacy-wide, possibly in time for expansion release.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I logged in for the first time in ages and had almost no idea what the hell I was doing. I almost feel like I would be better off starting from scratch than picking up my character where he's at right now. I may just flail around and try and finish the Makeb etc storyline and then just wait to for the expansion and hope things are more obvious at that point.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
When I got back in to the game back in June I felt lost for about a week. I did start a new character to remind myself how the game worked and in the end that one hit 60 before the rest. I used a ref a friend link for those 7 days then resubed after I saw the trailer for the expansion. I have not regretted it.

I have my refer a friend link a page or two back if anyone needs it.

moontayle

Golden Squire
If they ever did want to add a new class the single main stat would make it feasible without having to update every drop/reward table from 1-65. Also a dev post today confirmed they are working on making datacrons legacy-wide, possibly in time for expansion release.
I didn't consider that. They've been extremely adamant about there being no new classes and I tend to agree with that approach. They have a difficult enough time balancing mirrors at times, I'd hate to throw another wrench into the pile.

I'm still waiting on the "awesome" thing they mention everytime someone mentions cross-server. I figure it's a final Mega-Server (or East/West/Euro).

Arterial

N00b
Good point, they would have to make the new class start at level 60 and give it a backstory, but it would be totally feasible now i think

Arterial

N00b
There will never be cross server in swtor the engine cannot support it, I suspect they will merge servers in the future, have a east and west, and one for RP, and one for PVP, do away with the RP-PvP. That awesome thing was just a BW employee drunk at a Cantina event :p

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There will never be cross server in swtor the engine cannot support it
Not true.

Seamless world - HEWIKI

Further, all of this coexists with the normal area instancing so that you can have 'instanced dungeons' or even multiple instances of the same contiguous seamless world space. HeroEngine facilitates writing game logic to function transparently when interactions cross server boundaries.
Bioware doesn't have the coding talent to pull it off, nor will they invest the resources, because they designed on the cheap with 3rd party contractors. Plus the way they engineered this engine makes them afraid to touch most of it. Last I spoke to someone who worked on this game, they were amazed that they could get it to compile after a patch and actually have it run.

Arterial

N00b
They cannot on their version of the Hero engine, and they simply do not have the resources to alter it. One of our guildies runs one of the more popular swtor sites and thats what the dev's have told him as recent as last week

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I log in later this year to plow through the story lines from the revan "expansion" I will be able to do that still right?

I get we're getting new ships. Man, sometimes this game is just a clusterfuck. Why I always hate coming back. They bolt on systems and content like a redneck using garbage bags for car windows.