SWTOR

Arterial

N00b
IDK why they even have pvp servers in this game, little of the endgame is spent off fleet, and when you level you don't run into the other faction at all for the most part. I would love to have one east coast one west coast and then stick all the RP freaks on a central server :p

It feels like server pops are dropping drastically, and are only going to get worse my pve team basically said "fuck it" after we were done with DP/DF we had zero desire to do another round of NiM's

Jait

Molten Core Raider
IDK why they even have pvp servers in this game, little of the endgame is spent off fleet, and when you level you don't run into the other faction at all for the most part. I would love to have one east coast one west coast and then stick all the RP freaks on a central server :p

It feels like server pops are dropping drastically, and are only going to get worse my pve team basically said "fuck it" after we were done with DP/DF we had zero desire to do another round of NiM's
That idea of two servers seems like a no brainer. I love covenant. The community there is 100000x better than Bastion. But on Bastion the pvp pops non stop. Ironically the pvpers on Covenant are far more skilled and less toxic. I really wish they'd merge servers.

moontayle

Golden Squire
That idea of two servers seems like a no brainer. I love covenant. The community there is 100000x better than Bastion. But on Bastion the pvp pops non stop. Ironically the pvpers on Covenant are far more skilled and less toxic. I really wish they'd merge servers.
During my brief stint on Pot5 I found the average play to be a notch above Ebon Hawk but the overall attitudes of people in the games was much much worse.

Arterial

N00b
Yeah JC is in a good place PvP is fairly balanced faction wise now. Do you play impside Jait? I have heard the same about POT5/Bastion, JC used to be like that before server transfers

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah JC is in a good place PvP is fairly balanced faction wise now. Do you play impside Jait? I have heard the same about POT5/Bastion, JC used to be like that before server transfers
I have all but two classes maxxed. My main was a Jedi sentinel but I couldn't stand the leaping strat for pvp so I recently started playing my pyro powertech. Still playing PvE on Covenant with the sent and pvp on bastion with the pyrotech.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Unless 2.7 is amazing for pvp I will probably shelve the pyrotech on Bastion. Just want to get him to 1500 for the rewards
tongue.png
. But I was literally sitting in queue on covenant for 45+ minutes on ranked on Saturday prime time. So I had to move him.

Arterial

N00b
Yeah my op is a healer and it took forever for ranked que's to pop on JC, so i tapped out. I will prolly just PvP until the next raid comes out, i was bored of DF/DP in December I cant imagine running it again for another couple of months

INVASION | Star Wars: The Old Republic

INVASION

Game Update 2.7

Release Date: April 8, 2014

CALLING ALL FORCES TO THE SITH ACADEMY AND JEDI TEMPLE!

EMBARK ON AN EXCITING NEW LEVEL 55 STORY ARC ?FORGED ALLIANCES? AND MORE!

Defend the Jedi and Sith home worlds in new Level 55 Flashpoints, compete in the new Quesh Huttball Warzone and fight for control of the new Galactic Starfighter Battle Zone Denon in Game Update 2.7: Invasion!

Come Test Game Update 2.7! FIND OUT MORE.

NEW LEVEL 55 FLASHPOINTS: PREPARE TO INVADE TYTHON
OR KORRIBAN

Jump into two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban and embark on an exciting new Level 55 story arc ?Forged Alliances,? where the galactic conflict between the Empire and the Republic takes center stage.

Prepare to invade the enemy?s land and then defend the Jedi or Sith home worlds as you meet a host of new intriguing characters, including the adventurous Theron Shan, the son of Jedi Grandmaster Satele Shan, and a sophisticated Sith Lord named Lana Beniko whose passion lies in unravelling secrets behind the enemies of the Empire.

COMPETE IN THE HUTTBALL PvP WARZONE ON QUESH

Baron Deathmark and the magnificent Giradda the Hutt are expanding the brutal game of Huttball to Quesh! This new PvP Warzone?s vertical layout means you and your team will need to work together to climb up structures instead of across a field to score points. Use the new ?grappling blasters? located throughout the ground to propel yourself to the level above. Happy climbing!

Check out the blog for more details.

BATTLE FOR CONTROL OF DENON IN GALACTIC STARFIGHTER

Dodge enormous capital ships and fend off enemy attacks in factional space battles in the new Battle Zone, Denon Exosphere. Rivaling Coruscant in size, Denon?s densely populated cities form a mesmerizing display of lights that provide the perfect backdrop for visceral Star Wars? 12v12 dogfights as you fight for control of this critical hyperspace junction.

Find out more atGalactic Starfighter | Star Wars: The Old Republic.

FIGHT NIGHTMARE MODE OPERATION: THE DREAD FORTRESS

Put your team?s skills to the ultimate test as you face the five bosses, now more dreadful than ever! Earn your place among the most revered fighters and get handsomely rewarded with a valuable new tier of gear for your efforts.

moontayle

Golden Squire
This is an exciting patch. New Flashpoints, new Huttball Map (long time coming), new GSF map, and nightmare mode for Dread Fortress. Pretty cool stuff overall.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Logged in with my Sorc this morning. Queued and got the new quesh hutt ball immediately. Was already in progress. Everyone whining it sucked. Probably because they played it like a deathmatch. Very 3 dimensional. Stood on the upper pipes killing everyone with affliction and lightning. Can see this being very strategic and very cool once people learn to pass correctly. That said most people don't play as premade teams so will take them a while to learn assuming they have patience. Looking forward to the flashpoints (imp/pub) tonight

moontayle

Golden Squire
I love the new Ground Target change. I have my huttball pass hotkeyed (Z) but always hated the process of doing it, especially if I was in the middle of a stunlock. Now I can just target someone and spam it until it goes off.

And yeah, new Huttball is vertical so that should be interesting.

I can't wait to hop into the new flashpoints.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Had two papers due last night so I only had enough time to run Assault on Tython. Pretty fun little Flashpoint and it was kind of cool to run through an extremely beat up version of what I knew to be the Jedi newbie areas. Second boss was that guy that gives the series quest to "combat test" droids. He even had droid adds come throughout the fight, so it was kind of cool. I plan to run the Korriban version tonight then maybe get some PvP in. I really want to try the new Huttball.

Only negative takeaway is that both FPs are mirrored between Empire and Republic so the mechanics are the same, just the names of the mobs are different.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The FPs are Tactical ones, so they're almost retard-proof. Almost. On my second char we wiped twice on the second room in the Sith Academy because everyone decided to fight their own Champion.

Ran it a few times both ways, other than that it was really simple. Basic Comms were dumb, but I understand why. Some new pets, and gear was 162 iirc. My Ewok got a new chestpiece. The story is all blue-balls at this point (damn does that Sith women look straight out of Final Fantasy or Anime, or what?). You get a letter an hour or so later that she has no leads. Vice versa from Shan and SIS. Hoping this will move along quick and not be a 6-month wait.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'm with you there.

Edit: Satisfied with the story as it stands (Imp side at least). I hate that they have to break this up because I really want to see where it's going. I had a little chuckle on the initial landing of Korriban because it's in the one spot you spend a grand total of 15 seconds in and then never go back.

Only PvP match yesterday was the new Huttball. I like. It's messy at the moment (and the forums are full of rage over the design). That said once I got a handle on the layout I had no problems doing my thing as an Assassin.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Got a second to try to get the new huttball map. First map ended up in hyperwhatever and 2 enemy operatives basically solod our entire team. I went one on one vs one of them and I was instantly at half health from whatever he does out of stealth and then chain stunned (somehow?).

Then the next map I got the new huttball map. The enemy team was really terrible but it was good fun. I thought leap would be a big part of it but I never saw it happen. Seems like the walkways are wide enough to prevent it from below.

It looks like they put a nice cc helper thing on force speed in the healer tree. That was nice, but it is only a % chance. Haven't seen it work yet.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Double-XP weekend. If you're a crafter (and you should be) get your lvl29-45 stuff up there pronto. I make 2-3m a day off of free accounts leveling so quickly and needing to dump their credits. Getting 45-50k for lvl29 implants, 50-75 for 34-37 ish ones. Totally worth the investment to research the best 6 stat ones, the market is filled with 4 stat for 30k