SWTOR

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've ran into some sort of bug where I can't log in after I get to the character select. Tried rebooting, reinstalling and nothing's worked so far. Has anyone else had this problem?

moontayle

Golden Squire
That is an absolute new one for me. Have you tried making a new character and logging that one in or is it for all your characters?

sukik

I have one character.

This is what I've tried:

-Wait and try again.
-Reinstall, without bitraider.
-Repair functionality after install.
-Create other characters and log in on the same server and on another server.
-Delete "swtor/DiskCacheArena"

and from some reddit suggestions:

-use the stuck option from the help screen

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have one character.

This is what I've tried:

-Wait and try again.
-Reinstall, without bitraider.
-Repair functionality after install.
-Create other characters and log in on the same server and on another server.
-Delete "swtor/DiskCacheArena"

and from some reddit suggestions:

-use the stuck option from the help screen
Are you running Windows Firewall? If so, reset back to default.

Control Panel/System Security/Restore Defaults

Make sure to update your video drivers. Which Video card do you have?

sukik

I have a Nvidia 650ti. I updated the video drivers and OS(Win7) with no luck. My firewall is managed by Symantec Endpoint Protection, but why would it let me create and log in one character and not log in another? But I will look at it when I get home just to be thorough.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ah, gotchya. Probably a character corruption. You will have to call EA Support. Good luck with that one. Hopefully you are not too far along on that character, because the fantastic EA Support will amount to them telling you to try about 5 things completely unrelated to the issue, and then have you attach your DXDiag to an email and a log file, and you will never hear back from them again.

While I still like some of the stories and recently went through the game again, I have continually heard from people who used to work on this game how they are shocked this game compiles after every Patch.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I feel the same way about the stuff my company does. Shit, there's 10-year-old legacy code still floating around in our releases.

sukik

I hope that's not the case because while I'm not very attached to my character and I liked the game enough to purchase a sub(standard edition), I'm certainly not going set myself up to be screwed again with another lost character. I'll wait and see what customer service says and if it's some BS I'll try to get a refund from origin for the purchase. Probably won't be successful but I'm not going to try again if my character is screwed a few days into the game.

sukik

It wasn't a technical problem at all. I'd entered the email account I already had attached to the game when it asked for a verification email to play a high level character so it didn't actually send the email verification. Since I hadn't verified my email to the games satisfaction it had locked me out of my high level character. To make things worse it wouldn't actually send the verification to my gmail account, hotmail account or work email account. I had to make up some bullshit yahoo account, which received the confirmation. And viola I can log in. After that I was able to change it back to the original email address. I'm glad I figured this out before I called customer support because I was so irate I probably would've just made things worse. If the game gave a little feedback to the user(me), this could've all been avoided.

Also, my ticket was closed with nothing but a generic "visit the forums" email attached to it. They didn't even bother reading it.

Horrible user feedback design and incompetent customer support. But it works nonetheless.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I had one of my characters who would log in and appear straight back at character select. I logged a ticket and they fixed it. I had a problem after I server transferred where the security key vendor in fleet wouldn't let me use him even though I was using a security key, logged a ticket and they fixed it. Usually took a couple of days but my experience with their support is that they do fix problems eventually.

sukik

I had one of my characters who would log in and appear straight back at character select. I logged a ticket and they fixed it. I had a problem after I server transferred where the security key vendor in fleet wouldn't let me use him even though I was using a security key, logged a ticket and they fixed it. Usually took a couple of days but my experience with their support is that they do fix problems eventually.
That I received some generic form response with a link to the forums and a closed ticket with no attempt to communicate with me is incompetent. The solution I found wasn't even on the forums it was in a year old post on reddit and
I had to mess with their fairly dysfunctional email confirmation system to figure it out. Why are they even asking to confirm the email again after I used it to purchase an edition(+sub) of the game?. It probably would've taken the CSR very little time to figure out what was wrong if they'd even bothered to check. I've dealt with customer support from SOE, Blizzard and Turbine in the last year or two and none of them were so shitty at their jobs.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that is pretty bad, it might not have even been a human. Wouldn't surprise me if their ticket system has some kind of automation system which auto replies and closes tickets based on text pattern matching. Of course it could just be a human trying to reach their 500 tickets closed for the day quota.

moontayle

Golden Squire
So EA actually brought up SWTOR at Gamescom, which is a huge deal considering for a while there they were sort of pretending it didn't exist. They touted a million unique players a month but one has to assume that also counts F2P players so no real indicators to actual sub numbers. Anecdotally there seems to be an increase in players overall based on how busy the Gree and Rakghoul events were.

On another note, early access for Subs next week for Strongholds. I have to wonder how many billions of credits are about to be flushed out of the economy.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
So EA actually brought up SWTOR at Gamescom, which is a huge deal considering for a while there they were sort of pretending it didn't exist. They touted a million unique players a month but one has to assume that also counts F2P players so no real indicators to actual sub numbers. Anecdotally there seems to be an increase in players overall based on how busy the Gree and Rakghoul events were.
Last I remember seeing, they had around 500k subs and 1.7 F2P after they converted. Wonder if it would be assuming too much to say they have 300-350k subs now?

If so, that's pretty fantastic. Probably not the 1 million they would have hoped for this time from launch, but that would put it squarely above games like TESO, Wildstar, Rift, etc etc.

If not, that's an awful lot of fucking people buying packs.

sukik

anyone know a reputable place to buy a 60 day time card code online? they refuse to take a prepaid credit card.
Origin sells them like that if you haven't tried there yet. I had problems with the swtor billing but I was able to buy a code off Origin that was emailed.