SWTOR

Almost all companies , charge a $1 or so before actually charging the amount so if you have say a $30 card and want to buy something for $30 you wont be able too because of the $1 charge prior to the charge to see if there is funds. Could be the reason why you are getting an error.

Saban_sl

shitlord
No, it wasn't that. I called CS awhile ago asking what was up and they told me that most prepaids just dont work on SWTOR, something to do with they dont like them for recurring billing.

Ive already given up and am playing something else, not worth the effort if they dont want my money.

Pioneer89_sl

shitlord
It wasn't a technical problem at all. I'd entered the email account I already had attached to the game when it asked for a verification email to play a high level character so it didn't actually send the email verification. Since I hadn't verified my email to the games satisfaction it had locked me out of my high level character. To make things worse it wouldn't actually send the verification to my gmail account, hotmail account or work email account. I had to make up some bullshit yahoo account, which received the confirmation. And viola I can log in. After that I was able to change it back to the original email address. I'm glad I figured this out before I called customer support because I was so irate I probably would've just made things worse. If the game gave a little feedback to the user(me), this could've all been avoided.

Also, my ticket was closed with nothing but a generic "visit the forums" email attached to it. They didn't even bother reading it.

Horrible user feedback design and incompetent customer support. But it works nonetheless.
Holy crap, I just spent 2 hours trying to solve this exact issue,thank you!

I had already given up, and was going to just drop the game too. EA has NOTHING about this issue I could find. Such a simple thing, I bet this one issue has cost them plenty of potential subs.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy crap, I just spent 2 hours trying to solve this exact issue,thank you!

I had already given up, and was going to just drop the game too. EA has NOTHING about this issue I could find. Such a simple thing, I bet this one issue has cost them plenty of potential subs.
I check the swtor subreddit every few days and I still see this popping up. Seems like a dumb way to frustrate people into not playing.

sukik

Oh and as an addendum I have had no problems or ran into any bugs once I got the email snafu sorted out. Pretty fun game and I'm enjoying the imperial agent storyline quite a bit.

Pioneer89_sl

shitlord
Oh and as an addendum I have had no problems or ran into any bugs once I got the email snafu sorted out. Pretty fun game and I'm enjoying the imperial agent storyline quite a bit.
I agree, I'm playing a Jedi Sentinel, and aside from a couple of times when the graphics stutters and I have to restart it, it's been bug-free. Fun too, but that seems to be the consensus for the leveling quests. I'm looking forward to doing some Sith stuff.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I guess tomorrow we get to play doll house in space for the early access folks. Nar Shadda for everyone I think for the freebie?

sukik

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
yo I'm leveling up a bounty hunter on Prophecy of the five, anyone want to level with me? Going healing spec, playing right now only level 6.

You want to do this shit Draegan?

Arterial

N00b
Is this game enjoying a renaissance?
It looks like it but i think it's mostly due to no console games being out, lack of WoW content, ESO sucking, and WS being sorta niche people are giving swtor a try and liking it, the game is in a really good place if you are just picking it up

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For a lot of WoW era players WS was the first action game they tried with no idea that others are out there, so they simply label it as niche.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I frankly haven't tried WS and have no desire. I kinda have a thing for casually dicking around in either the Warcraft and Star Wars universes. These fit the bill periodically. I also need to check in on tsw.

sukik

I played around with it a little when I got home. As far as I can tell its access primarily from a directory with no way to access your 'front door' or visible neighborhoods. Which is something that sometimes sounds like a good idea, but they end up being the ghost towns that are the player villages in LOTRO and FFXIV.

I don't think I've been subbed long enough to get much free schwag in the Nar Shadda Palace as it only had one room. The expansion prices for Nar Shadda was 450k for an extra room. Next I purchased the 5k apartment in Dromund Kaas which had three rooms and had alot more space to place stuff. Probably not much to someone at 55. The entry portals are called "Stronghold directories" and are located in the fleet crew area and in the market area of the stronghold's location.

Furniture is placed on "hooks" while you're in edit mode. It's pretty much like decorating homes in LOTRO if you've ever done that. But it has a lot more room than LOTRO gave you. The one bedroom on Nar Shadda is about the same size as the normal home in LOTRO. They give you some basic stuff to start you off but not much. In the free stuff I received a place-able cargo hold and mailbox so at least those will be useful. I didn't really look into where I could buy more but I saw some new recipes at the Armormech vendor to make what looked like sub components for furniture.

Overall I think it's about on par with or better than LOTRO housing. Nothing really new but it's functional and will probably make the people who wanted housing happy. But this isn't better than EQ2 housing, which is probably the best one I've played with in an MMO. If I play long enough to get filthy rich I might spend an afternoon pissing money away and playing Dark Lord Barbi but I'm too new for that shit right now.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I had a sub back when it was supposed to give you a free palace but I don't now so I guess I don't get it. All housing stuff seems to be subscriber only.