SWTOR

moontayle

Golden Squire
Story Mode is sort of like LFR but you still have to have a good grasp of the fight mechanics and not be a derp. A lot of people put together PUG runs on fleet. If you can, get in with a 16-man group that's going to split off at the final boss. You'll get a good amount of Ultimate comms as a result. Plus, 16-man is more forgiving (though you still need to pay attention to the mechanics).

Ilum is fast and is still one of the best credits/m ratios in the game. It was always part of my daily routine even when I switched up what I was doing.

CZ-198 is fast for the dailies. Weekly requires a run of the two FPs.

GSI is just SWTOR's version of archaeology, with missions attached. Generally not worth the hassle unless you absolutely have to max out Rep on as much as you can.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Story Mode is sort of like LFR but you still have to have a good grasp of the fight mechanics and not be a derp. A lot of people put together PUG runs on fleet. If you can, get in with a 16-man group that's going to split off at the final boss. You'll get a good amount of Ultimate comms as a result. Plus, 16-man is more forgiving (though you still need to pay attention to the mechanics).
Right on, I might just youtube them to fill in the story, haven't been motivated enough to find an op group/guild. Finding a good PUG is usually more work than just joining a decent guild.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Having not paid attention to any of the lore/story since Explosive Conflict was released, anyone have a synopsis of the overall storyline since then? I came back briefly to level up on Makeb and to level some other classes to see their stories, but never even finished Explosive Conflict Op or did any of the newer Flashpoints. Was it just more Rakghoul stuff for FP's and Dread Masters for the Ops?

moontayle

Golden Squire
All the Operations follow the Dread Masters storyline.

New FPs introduced were a one-off storyline surrounding Czerka, a tie-in to the starfighting sim, and the Forged Alliances storyline which is leading up to the next expansion.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All the Operations follow the Dread Masters storyline.

New FPs introduced were a one-off storyline surrounding Czerka, a tie-in to the starfighting sim, and the Forged Alliances storyline which is leading up to the next expansion.
Care to go more in depth with all of that? If you need to PM it that's fine, was looking for some details without having to go youtube it all (or maybe seeing if it's worth youtubing). I don't have the time to really come back and play, but the itch is there to know what has been going on.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
So, i've been back at the game for about 2 months. Leveled up a Shadow, wasn't really feeling it. Leveling another Juggernaut now and having a fucking blast! I say "another" because when the game first came out i had first leveled a Marauder to 50, then switched and leveled a Juggernaut to 50. Had some of the most fun in an MMO. Mistake was that i had rolled on NA servers while playing from Europe. Quit the game, came back about a year after and leveled a Sniper to 50 on an EU server. Quit again for about another year and this is where i'm at now.

If any folk are playing on The Red Eclipse (EU), hit me up on Xauga, Zauga or Sauga.

They've put in a ton of work since release and the game really is quite enjoyable now. At the very least, the individual storylines are unsurpassed in today's gaming market and definitely worth a play through.

moontayle

Golden Squire
New expansion announced,Shadow of Reven.

- Level 60
- New Discipline character customization (Dulfy post:SWTOR Developer Update: Introduction to Disciplines - Dulfy) Apparently a major overhaul of the talent trees.
- 2 new planets, Rishi and Yavin IV
- 2 new Tactical FPs and 4 HMs (probably just HM versions of the Forged Alliance ones)
- 2 new Operations

Set to release December 9th. If you preorder before November 2nd you get 1-week early access and characters get 12x exp boost until December.
eek.png

sukik

Is this something you get access to if you already subscribe? Or is it just 20$ regardless of if you are FTP or subscriber.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Is this something you get access to if you already subscribe? Or is it just 20$ regardless of if you are FTP or subscriber.
You have to pre-order the expansion by November 2nd and I believe the bonus is immediately active and lasts until December 1st.

moontayle

Golden Squire
This is a paid digital expansion just like Rise of the Hutts. So you pony up regardless of your sub status. The Discipline changes are baked in to the 3.0 release that coincides with it so that's essentially free.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I guess I'll stay subbed.

There's some good stuff in there. Looks fairly meaty, some type of WoW skill changes, not bad. Can't really balk at the expansion price. The Defiance Season Pass was $40.00 for five Kate Moss like DLCs spread out over a year so this isn't too bad.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
We barely get anything for years, and within a 6 months period...Wildstar, ArcheAge, Rift Expansion, WoW Expansion, and now a Star Wars Expansion.

Couldn't they talk to each to spread it around.
smile.png

12X xp boost if fucking nice to et those 2 or 3 classes I am missing to 55...but damn it, I am having a great time in ArcheAge.

sukik

I'll probably stay subbed an pick this up. I haven't been doing much with my 55 op and I prolly won't till the expansion. Looks like a good time to do some other stories tho. I'm halfway through the jedi knight one. It's not bad but I feel like a gullible putz playing Light Jedi after doing gray/dark Imp agent.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'll probably pick it up if I get tired of Archeage and need a break. There's nothing there for me to want it before I actually make the decision though. I got all the storylines to 55 (some twice) so the xp boost doesn't appeal to me and the Revan statue is kind of "meh" for an actual preorder bonus.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
We barely get anything for years, and within a 6 months period...Wildstar, ArcheAge, Rift Expansion, WoW Expansion, and now a Star Wars Expansion.

Couldn't they talk to each to spread it around.
smile.png
Don't forget FFXIV. They have some really big releases as well. It is weird how they space them out, but given a lot release at the same time of year (even in different years), bound to get the overlap. All that's missing is for TSW to get off the pot and put something out.

They must be working with a skeleton crew over there at the pace they've been going.

I got a few Pub characters I want to roll and now that I'd only have to do the storylines essentially with this boost, it's gonna be perfect. Smuggler I never did finish.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I got a few Pub characters I want to roll and now that I'd only have to do the storylines essentially with this boost, it's gonna be perfect. Smuggler I never did finish.
The marketing email I got from Bioware said something along the lines of 1-55 with 12X bonus doing nothing but class missions. I've done 4 class stories. Would be worth it to resub just to quickly do the other 4.

sukik

WTF? Empire and Republic must unite to stop Revan? Wouldn't >50% of the player base want to say fuck that and JOIN Revan?
Yes. I was kinda miffed I couldn't join Darth Malgus and
my biggest regret doing the Imp agent story was that I didn't side with Darth Jadus.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Uh yeah I just saw that trailer. Why the fuck would any player characters not want to side with Revan?

sukik

So I thought they were exaggerating with the 12x thing but nope. My other quests are ~8200, just did a crappy run from point A to point B and it was 101k xp.

(size spoilered)
rrr_img_77954.jpg