ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Tales from the Loop

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2020-04-03

Creator: Nathaniel Halpern

Cast: Stefanie Estes, Abby Ryder Fortson

Overview: The story of the town and people who live above “The Loop,” a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe – making things possible that were previously relegated only to science fiction.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ya'll motherfuckers need to watch this. It's on Amazon.

Simon Stalenhag

180724144642-stalenhag-by-themascot-1920.jpg

simonstalehag-social1.jpg

eec1dff733eadc5ec217d989055abf5b.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Some of these are awesome. Others are terrible. Real hit or miss show.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
All episodes built upon the world that was being created. Not every chapter of even the best book is going to be riveting. Even the 'bad' episodes were captivating. Interesting. Something going on beyond the surface.

This successfully mixes so many aspects of time travel and semi-dystopian existence. Dystopian isn't even the right word. Neo-retro? Time loops. Freaky Friday consciousness transference. Freezing of time. Advancement of time. Circles of time. On top of robots, consciousness, family...

Episode 7 was probably my favorite. 8 was a nice capstone.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I can get every other show on Amazon to work fine, but trying to play this all last night kept erroring out (Nvidia shield, have had 0 issues with it so far).

I can't wait to check it out eventually

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoyed the first episode as a nice stand alone hour of sci-fi.

Ant Man's kid was great in it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
With the art they have to world build this show should have been a sci fi epic. Instead it was a lot of artsy fluff with some sci fi

Its not bad but just could have been so cool

• 1Solidarity

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Amazon Prime errors out still 3 days later, but works for every other show.

Then I downloaded it from iptorrent and it hung my bittorent client. Someone doesn't want me to watch this lol....

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Amazon Prime errors out still 3 days later, but works for every other show.

Then I downloaded it from iptorrent and it hung my bittorent client. Someone doesn't want me to watch this lol....

Is there a hidden easter egg episode about your struggle in the tales from the download loop? Can't wait to see how this unfolds. Please don't cross the stream on your journey, that would be too long a wait;)

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think this would work better as shorter segments. Half hour tops. The episodes drag on and are just kind of boring at their current lengths.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
This show honestly makes me wish for a gritty version of "Eureka" or "warehouse 13", "Fringe" was good for a while but I feel like they tried to cater to some unknown demographic and the show started failing for me at that point.

I made it to...EP 2 of this before I found myself "Jogging" through scenes. Too many lingering shots that don't even remotely serve a purpose. Also, the MacGuffins, while interesting, are never really fully or even partially explored. They are used and then seemingly abandoned within the episode itself.

The acting is so hit or miss too, Ep 2 had some AMAZING acting from the 2 guys. I feel like they captured the essence of their characters perfectly through their change. While ep 3 was just boring, I really don't understand the fetish that they had of having the camera linger inside the bedroom for a LONG fucking time.

Story-wise, it seems so shallow, aside from the 1st episode. Each episode seems to cover some "Vanity" style issue such as, "I wish my best moments could last forever!" or "X persons life is perfect, why can't I have that?" and then POOF MacGuffin shows up and "Solves" that issue for them.

Overall interesting-ISH...but I'd rather spend time re-watching Eureka or another sci-fy.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Look and feel of this show reminds me of Fallout universe.

• 1Like

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
I've made it through episode 2, and really struggling. Maybe I should've taken the hint when it was hard to get working :p

Does it get any better, or should I abandon hope? Also I never want to hear Phillip Glass piano songs ever again....

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked this but it is a slow burn for sure. One thing I find hilarious about this setting is how much REALLY bad/dangerous stuff is just laying around like discarded trash. If our world the makers of the loop would have been sued so hard they would have gone broke in 10 parallel dimensions.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loved Pryce since Brazil so I will watch about anything that guy is in. The episode where he is spending time with his grandson before the end, I really thought it was going to take a VERY dark turn when he was asking the dad if he could take the kid for a ride. I thought they were heading for the mind switching naval mine thing.

This immediately made me think of a very creepy Steven King short story where the grandparents are witches and are planning to take over the bodies of the grandkids.

Caliane

I liked this but it is a slow burn for sure. One thing I find hilarious about this setting is how much REALLY bad/dangerous stuff is just laying around like discarded trash. If our world the makers of the loop would have been sued so hard they would have gone broke in 10 parallel dimensions.
yeah, watching this now. and that is a kindof a lingering niggle. like, either this shit is an unknown, so these people are so carelessly walking into this shit, not realizing the danger... or it IS known, and everyone knows about "the loop", and thus random crazy sci-fi tech found here and there would be recognized as a major danger. like, finding a landmine, or ww2 bomb unexploded. (except for the random hick, of course.) but kids of parents working for the place, would be getting lectures every day not to touch that shit, and to report immediately.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database