Tales from the Loop

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I binge watched this show this weekend. I want my time back.
This show is good enough that its consistent failings are annoying af. I just kept thinking they would be resolved. Nope.

Caliane

yeah, I finished and cant recommend.

its just slow. and sad. its not a sci-fi focused show exploring ideas. it mostly tries to be a character drama, with some sci-fi elements. but, kindof fails at that imho. Its just a bunch of stories about people obliviously living in this world, with nightmarish horrible fates awaiting them all, and any time, and just got to live with it.
its like Cancer patient, the show. (without actually trying to be a cancer parable.)

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I watched the first 3 episodes and liked it well enough, but may drop it since the general consensus seems to be thumbs-down.

But, question for those that watched the entire season:

Any resolution to the body-swapped boys?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Wife and I just finished this, and I thought it was decently done but definitely leaves you feeling melancholy at the end.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wife and I just finished this, and I thought it was decently done but definitely leaves you feeling melancholy at the end.
Yes it is like a sci fi Norman Rockwell painting. Still given the weird tech strewn about what good parent would let their kids anywhere near that area.

Szlia

I am a bit conflicted, because I wish I liked it more than I did. It is pretty damn cool on paper, but most of the episodes suffer from the classic "short story" syndrome: they are twice as long as they need to be. The pace is so glacial that, as soon as you lose a modicum of interest in the little story that is being told, it becomes almost unbearable. It is also extremely monotone. Every single character shleps around with a gigantic bag of sadness and ennui.