Terminator Genisys (2015)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Salvation almost had it right by focusing on Sam Worthington, but a big name like christian bale has to get shoehorned into more screen time. Not that bale did a bad job, just the movie didn't feel like it had its own voice. It ALMOST did several times, but no one seemed to be able to nurture it
That only shows how the director didn't have any trust in his movie. Shotgun being attached to a string, "come with me if you want to live" are some examples that he needed to bring stuff from the previous movies (the good ones of course).
And let's not forget cgi 1980's arnie

j00t

But MCG directed it. And he does supernatural so he gets a pass.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Dont think this was posted....

"You're about to watch Arnold Schwarzenegger launch himself out of one helicopter and into another helicopter as though he were a missile. The first trailer for Terminator: Genisys has just been released, and it's clear that this fifth movie is a very different kind of Terminator film than what you're used to. It's a reboot of the series, and it's definitely kicking things up a notch (or more) when it comes to action and scale. The film takes place in an alternate universe where Sarah Connor is a total badass even back in 1984 and, for some reason, has a Terminator for a father. It sounds totally insane, and it probably is.

Even for how crazy everything looks, it's hard for any fan of the original two movies not to be intrigued by what's going on here. The trailer makes Genisys look, in part, like a mashup of the first two films, recreating iconic scenes, lines, and villains, but positioning them all in different ways. That nostalgia trip is pretty intentional: the filmmakers know that the last couple of Terminator films have left a bad taste with people, so they're trying to throw out the bad parts of the series and spin up a compelling new story. Genisys features the same general plot about robots trying to destroy humanity, but it brings a lot more time travel into the mix. It'll also set the stage for a trilogy. The film is scheduled for a release next year on July 1st."

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I had almost no hope for this, after seeing the official trailer that released today....I am now cautiously optimistic.

**Edit Fedor got me by 2 seconds lol

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't know, some of those action scenes were pretty fucking awesome.

And no action movie can go without a Golden Gate Bridge scene anymore.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I dunno... looks better than what I thought. Interesting idea. I don't like shoehorned Arnold stuff though.

Juvarisx

Florida
You know, that looks pretty fucking good, Alan Taylor might have saved a disaster in the making

ohkcrlho

Remake.....of course they couldn't do anything without going threw the nostalgia trip.

And poor Michael Biehn, he doesn't deserve to see this cunt reprising his role.

Edit: this is a remake. Because reboot is what they did with spiderman, a new origin without using famous/known quotes, scenes, dialogues from the original movie.
T-1000? "Move soldier"? Getting clothes in a closed shop? 1980's Arnie?....fuck you really.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
i'm on the fence here, i really want to like it, but here we go again with a bunch of time travel stuff that we are going to disect into the terminator movie that was more full of holes than any other time travel movie we've all seen.
It's looks too CGI like, i like the gritty look of T1 and T2.
I'm gonna go ahead and say it'll be okay, not great, just an action movie popcorn flick that if we try to like too much we'll all hate it.

spronk

FPS noob
interesting, went from this-is-going-to-suck-so-bad before trailer to hmmm-i-wonder-if-they-can-pull-this-off. I am optimistic!!

so i guess the timelines get warped around so that Sarah Conner is raised by an Arnie T800. He in turn kills the T800 sent to kill Sarah and possibly the T1000 too (Robert Patrick). Now Kyle is sent to a timeline where Sarah is a soldier, Arnie protects her, and Skynet sends an asian TXXXX to kill her now. I wonder what their plan is to stop judgement day completely, the only logical way would be to reset humanity back to a pre-computer era? That seems the be the loophole, don't see how she can come up with a plan to completely prevent skynet.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Looks awesome to me (I'm a huge Arnold fan, so there). And I enjoyed T3 for what it was. I never did see Salvation, though.

j00t

Never understood why skynet didn't send back more than one terminator at a time...

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Never understood why skynet didn't send back more than one terminator at a time...
Yeah, me too. We didn't see Matt Smith in this trailer afaik, and he's too creepy looking with that face to be playing anything but a Terminator. The only thing that could have made this trailer better would have been to see a younger Robert Patrick T-1000

ohkcrlho

But i know why Skynet lost the war: third time a T-800 is hacked by humans. Why don't they put a self destruction mechanism to prevent this?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't know, some of those action scenes were so ridiculous it was just funny. Is this going to be a comedy then or what?