The 100

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Inque

FunEmployed
Yea, binge watching this season is the preferred method. I could stomach individual episodes of Season 1 & 2 but Trump-Pike nearly ruined it. However, I fucking called it. Oil Rig. Still one location left undiscovered that we'll probably see later on this season, maybe...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It definitely slowed down for a little while there with the stupid Pike shit and Bellamy being a retard, but it is coming around once again quite well. Still one of the better shows around that isn't afraid to pull some crazy shit. You can't have a good religion without some crucifixions, amirite?

I am predicting that Luna won't be around very long, however, because she's just normal good-looking. If she were going to be around for awhile, she'd be crazy hot like everyone else.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I predict clark gets oil blood and becomes the new commander. The secret for how to do it is probably in the commander's journal. But I disagree about Luna. As soon as I saw her I envisioned her and clark scissoring.

How long ago were the nukes dropped again? Cause that seems like a long time for that platform to still be standing without maintenance. I think I'm also confused on the timeline of the show. Did they say Pike's earth skills class was 6 months ago? Surely it's been a couple years since this started.

Oldbased

> Than U
I predict clark gets oil blood and becomes the new commander. The secret for how to do it is probably in the commander's journal. But I disagree about Luna. As soon as I saw her I envisioned her and clark scissoring.

How long ago were the nukes dropped again? Cause that seems like a long time for that platform to still be standing without maintenance. I think I'm also confused on the timeline of the show. Did they say Pike's earth skills class was 6 months ago? Surely it's been a couple years since this started.
Timeline - The 100 Wiki - Wikia
Answers some of that. Doesn't have season 2 timeline but does show season 1 finale was basically a month after landing.
As for nukes looks like 97 years passed when they landed.

just imagine that its been 200 years since the nukes and it works out better what with culture degrading to tribalism (or in Lexas case, tribadism) and them developing their own dialect

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I want to know what the "good A.I" really does because why wouldn't it be guiding the commander to not be tribal. I guess they can explain it away with allowing the commander free will or that you must unite the people before they can start building a more advanced civilization.

spronk

FPS noob
i'll be honest the only reason i watch at this point is hoping for some lesbian action, the chicks on this show are smoking hot. I wouldn't care at all if the season finale killed everyone and the next season started 100 years in the future

also jaha is pretty cool as a huge asshole

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Might just be me but this whole City of Light thing I just don't give a shit about. I liked this show a lot better when it was just a bunch of clans waging war on each other. Where the fuck did the ice tribe go? What about the prince dude? I'm guessing he'll come back, but will he pill up?

I mean, how many times are we going to see the whole "No I won't take the pill" "Take it or I kill your lover/friend!" "okay okay please don't hurt them!" I mean, I get the grounders all taking it because they listen to their commander but I swear if this season ends with something stupid like Clarke taking the pill because Jaha is going to kill Belemy I'll rage.

So, Global EMP to kill off the AI? Also, who is going to die for it? I mean, how else could you kill the chip in everybody.

Ganthorn

N00b
Do they have to take it willingly is what I am wondering because you just shove it in their mouth and force them to take it like you do a cat/dog with pills lol

Might just be me but this whole City of Light thing I just don't give a shit about. I liked this show a lot better when it was just a bunch of clans waging war on each other. Where the fuck did the ice tribe go? What about the prince dude? I'm guessing he'll come back, but will he pill up?

I mean, how many times are we going to see the whole "No I won't take the pill" "Take it or I kill your lover/friend!" "okay okay please don't hurt them!" I mean, I get the grounders all taking it because they listen to their commander but I swear if this season ends with something stupid like Clarke taking the pill because Jaha is going to kill Belemy I'll rage.

So, Global EMP to kill off the AI? Also, who is going to die for it? I mean, how else could you kill the chip in everybody.
you can bet all your money that Ghengis Clarke will somehow end up in the City of Light by implanting the Commander chip and then fucking kill everyone in there

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
you can bet all your money that Ghengis Clarke will somehow end up in the City of Light by implanting the Commander chip and then fucking kill everyone in there
See, this is why I love this show (other than all the hot chicks). This very well might happen, and it will be glorious.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I just wanna know why the 2nd gen AI gives you the Black Plague as it eats your soul but the 1st gen AI can be eaten like Tic Tacs and gives you euphoria. Don't you generally upgrade shit from version 1 to version 2? Also not sure why they don't force feed everyone the Tic Tac AIs, not really sure where they are mass producing these AI chips either. Basically how the shit is an AI who has no spatial interactions with anyone magically making the Tic Tacs and once you have 2-3 people why don't you just force feed people to submit to you instead of giving them cliche choices. Can't you just distill the Tic Tacs down into a liquid? I mean Raven's was the back of the neck silverfluid shit, so the Tic Tac is just a carrier mechanic. Pour a little into the water supply and you'll brainwash the entire planet.

Or maybe I'm over thinking it. Or maybe I'd be a better AI than Ally.
I'd love me some of those boobs.
I probably would forget about world conquest and just buy mirrors.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
the tic tac is a chip that implants itself in your head when you take it. What came out of ravenn was the result of being EMPd. Cause dontcha know that's what happens when you spill emp on a circuit board.

They kind of covered the manufacture of the chips. There's a small press they use to make them. Remember a few episodes ago when pike had taken it from jaha and they were trying to get it back to make a chip for mopey, but mopey chickened out at the last minute? You can ask where they're getting the components though. A chip like that can't be simple to make.

It's a good point about needing oil for blood to take the new one. Best guess is that the first commander did that on purpose. Maybe allie 1 was never meant to be implanted in people and she figured out how to make the chips herself.

Ganthorn

N00b
the tic tac is a chip that implants itself in your head when you take it. What came out of ravenn was the result of being EMPd. Cause dontcha know that's what happens when you spill emp on a circuit board.

They kind of covered the manufacture of the chips. There's a small press they use to make them. Remember a few episodes ago when pike had taken it from jaha and they were trying to get it back to make a chip for mopey, but mopey chickened out at the last minute? You can ask where they're getting the components though. A chip like that can't be simple to make.

It's a good point about needing oil for blood to take the new one. Best guess is that the first commander did that on purpose. Maybe allie 1 was never meant to be implanted in people and she figured out how to make the chips herself.
I think the original chip straight up takes over and the new one is supposed to form a symbiosis so maybe whatever is in the blood stuff allows two way control or something

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The blood is also probably a safe guard from turning every human into the cloud like is happening now. This new A.I is supposed to have a symbiotic relationship to learn what it means to be human so it wont go fucking blow us up. I still don't see how nano bots get passed genetically or whatever the fuck that stuff was.

I hope they explain how exactly it works and why they need the mud blood and how it is passed genetically.

spronk

FPS noob
Its like Windows, the tic tac was windows 8.1 and once you swallowed it everything kinda sucked but at least you knew it sucked. The new chip is Windows 10, its much better but if you don't have the right hardware you die. The city of light is the windows 10 store in metro UI

grounders are like MacOS, filthy plebs but they have all the hot chicks and with bootcamp at least you can scissor with them

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Great Windows analogy.

I'm actually more intrigued with how they are going to solve this than most other plot dilemmas I've watched on shows over the years. The easy way out would have been for Luna to take it, but with that supposedly out of the running, how are they going to make somebody have black blood out of nowhere? I'm assuming there is some process they will discover in the notes or some grounder lore, and someone will go through with it. The question then would be, who does it?

Obvious choice is Clarke, but they rarely go obvious with this show. It might even make the most sense, but part of Clarke's character now is to go off and do crazy shit on her own.
Same with Octavia. She knows grounder society the best, but having her just sit on a throne would be a waste of her character.
Raven is a pretty good choice, and her character is kind of adrift right now, so smart money is probably on her.
The rest of the cast, Jasper, Monty, Bellamy, just don't seem like a fit. Except for maybe Monty, since he just killed his mom twice, but picking him as the Commander would send the show in the direction of ignoring grounder stories in the future, in my opinion. And I don't think they want to, or can, do that. Oh, and he just started boning the cute blonde, so he has a reason to keep going on.
Blonde chick would be a throwaway pick, even though she's hot (go check out Mr. Skin to see her marvelous titties). Glad to see her getting more screen time, but there is zero reason for her to be Commander.
It is possible they go with the black grounder chick, Indra, but that seems like a pretty boring choice.
If they go with sleeze-boy Murphy that would be sort of ironic, and maybe for that reason alone they might do it, but I hate that fucking guy so I hope not.

Aside from that, I could maybe see it going to Marcus, since he is the ambassador for Sky Crew and sort of gets grounder society as well. And it would throw a wrench into his repressed relationship with Abby once more. Or Luna somehow rides in out of nowhere to save the day, but that would be pretty lame.

I don't think they can give it to the existing Commander since her being chipped supposedly would be bad for adding the AI? I'm not real clear on that, you'd think the 2.0 would override the first one, but they seemed to indicate it wouldn't.

Yes, I just wasted 15 minutes thinking about how they are going to resolve a main plot point on a show that I mainly watch for the hot chicks. I guess that means I like the story quite a bit too, which is rare for most shows lately.