The 100

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can just see it now. Next episode Pike and Friends are going to rage at the death of their redshirt on their mission to murder an entire village who did nothing to them. Pike will say, "Look what these Grounder worms did! They're KILLING US! They are the enemy don't you see that!?"

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Almost done with season 2, the "grounder" language just makes me chuckle to outright laugh sometimes. "Break em ow" translates to "Set him free"

From the Wiki:
Jus drein jus daun!
Translation: "Blood must have blood!"
Octavia: Ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim.
Translation: "Get knocked down, get back up."

Daun means down and blood? I know it is hard to make up a language but this shit is hilarious at times.
Pro tip from a former linguist: the word occurring twice in both instances is usually the safe bet as being the same word.

I appreciate good critique and even trolling shows calling them terrible, but damn man you missed the point the grounder word for blood is "juice." Juice drained, juice down.

And it's get smacked down, get on up another time.

As mentioned, it's just basically just a form of jive mutated from original English. It's dumb. But I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

Radge_sl

shitlord
I'm not going to defend the shitty writing on the show but ya Raes is right here on the leg pain/spinal thing. Some people have never experienced it so they cannot comprehend it but pain can 100% prevent functioning and just the removal of pain will allow you to function, until you really fuck yourself up bad. 100% why people have pain to begin with, to prevent additional injury.
Hatorade is still on S2 of the show, so I believe he is referring to Raven going from limping to normal level walking. It didn't heal, she just built/upgraded her leg brace to some crazy steampunk brace. It didn't get more than a throwaway line or two, but you can see it in some of the shots. In any case, her injury is an on-going plot point.

And I'm fine with the Grounder Language (although its only been a hundred years...you'd think English would still be the standard language); as popsicledeath mentioned its just a weird bastardized version of jive and ebonics. Silly, but it does get us awesome little things like the Ark survivors getting essentially named "Sky Crew". It sounds like a really terrible name for a street gang. Or worse, a break dance troupe. So bad that it crosses over to being amazing.

This season has been moderately disappointing so far, but that still puts it better than most other non-cable television. The City of Light storyline and the Polis politics have been pretty good, its just that the Pike and Friends plot is so goddamn bad that it is bleeding over to the other stuff. I think the Pike stuff would be watchable is we still had bloodthirsty Clarke around, at least then we could know that some shit was going to go down. But no one is here to watch Clarke suddenly grow a conscience.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hatorade is still on S2 of the show, so I believe he is referring to Raven going from limping to normal level walking. It didn't heal, she just built/upgraded her leg brace to some crazy steampunk brace. It didn't get more than a throwaway line or two, but you can see it in some of the shots. In any case, her injury is an on-going plot point.

And I'm fine with the Grounder Language (although its only been a hundred years...you'd think English would still be the standard language); as popsicledeath mentioned its just a weird bastardized version of jive and ebonics. Silly, but it does get us awesome little things like the Ark survivors getting essentially named "Sky Crew". It sounds like a really terrible name for a street gang. Or worse, a break dance troupe. So bad that it crosses over to being amazing.

This season has been moderately disappointing so far, but that still puts it better than most other non-cable television. The City of Light storyline and the Polis politics have been pretty good, its just that the Pike and Friends plot is so goddamn bad that it is bleeding over to the other stuff. I think the Pike stuff would be watchable is we still had bloodthirsty Clarke around, at least then we could know that some shit was going to go down. But no one is here to watch Clarke suddenly grow a conscience.
Oh so her leg is going to suddenly hurt again/be an issue after season 2?

Inque

FunEmployed
I've given up on Season 3 and I binge watched all of Season 1 & 2 which says a lot considering I utterly ignored the show on cable TV (thanks, Netflix). Other than the City of Light story, Pike ruined my taste so far.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
And I'm fine with the Grounder Language (although its only been a hundred years...you'd think English would still be the standard language);
You gotta figure that whoever was left on the ground didn't continue with any standardized education. Easy to imagine the language would get fucked up like that.

spronk

FPS noob
I've given up on Season 3 and I binge watched all of Season 1 & 2 which says a lot considering I utterly ignored the show on cable TV (thanks, Netflix). Other than the City of Light story, Pike ruined my taste so far.
i suspect once we see the back half of season 3 and how crazy it probably gets, season 3 will stand up better to binge watching. I regret watching this season live now, this is definitely a show that works way better when you binge an entire season. both s1 and s2 had very weak first halfs that were basically rescued by second half.

Radge_sl

shitlord
i suspect once we see the back half of season 3 and how crazy it probably gets, season 3 will stand up better to binge watching. I regret watching this season live now, this is definitely a show that works way better when you binge an entire season. both s1 and s2 had very weak first halfs that were basically rescued by second half.
I was trying to come up with a solid counter-argument against S2 having a rough start (since I look back at S2 with nothing but fond memories), but then I finally remembered Finn and his whole final arc. Alright, yep. Absolutely. You are correct. If I hadn't binge-watched S2 I KNOW that I would have raged at Clarke and friends protecting a child-killing mass-murderer. On the bright side, at least that storyline ended up giving us cold-blooded Clarke.

Inque

FunEmployed
True, I didn't realize there was a third season until I got done with S2 and was like "oh, this shits premiering Season 3 now?" I'm the same way with Walking Dead at this point. In a series of binging, it's great, week to week, I pull what little hair I have out trying to reconcile the shit they'll introduce the next episode.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally, an interesting episode. Although next week we go back to Black Trump.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Finished season 2, made me miss "Eureka" and started watching that again instead of moving on to season 3.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
City of Light story line is actually quite inventive now. I didn't expect it to go this route. But I am curious as to why an AI (Skynet, whatever) would nuke all of the world. When it relies on the same infrastructure we do to do anything. Kill order vs Sky Crew is a good thing.

Titus is an awesome character. I always liked the True Believer types when they are done well.

But that's just some #showerthoughts.

And Lexa and Clark no longer fan speculation... OH BABY. Maybe we can get her implanted in Clark and she can have a sweet hologram threesome with the Red Woman.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
City of Light story line is actually quite inventive now. I didn't expect it to go this route. But I am curious as to why an AI (Skynet, whatever) would nuke all of the world. When it relies on the same infrastructure we do to do anything. Kill order vs Sky Crew is a good thing.

Titus is an awesome character. I always liked the True Believer types when they are done well.

But that's just some #showerthoughts.

And Lexa and Clark no longer fan speculation... OH BABY. Maybe we can get her implanted in Clark and she can have a sweet hologram threesome with the Red Woman.
Nuking the planet wasn't a big deal because that is what the A.I wanted and could choose certain areas not to nuke. It's rebuilding the world with the A.I being god.

My biggest problem is that the grounders are all descendants of the original commander and the survivors that she helped. Why during all this time if the leader of them has been implanted with A.I, have they not developed new technology and stopped living like savages? It's a very cool twist in the story but I hope they explain that and not just hand wave it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So this is how they are going to solve the Pike problem, I assume. The AI chooses Clarke and Wanheda becomes Heda, she lays the smack down, and also forcibly unites all the tribes. And has mind-sex with Lexa.

Great episode, very much needed after the last several crappy ones. And lesbians.