The Animated GIF Thread

Thwip_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_69549.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
We have some very jealous folks when it comes to motorcycles skipping traffic here. I apologize for starting this, but I stand by my statement. I don't drive at all so I don't really have a horse in this race, but I see no problem with cyclists doing that in traffic. I see it happen all the time with no issues. I don't get people getting mad. Typical American "BUT IT'S MY GODDAMNED RIGHT TO DO WHAT I WANT ALL THE TIME INCLUDING OPENING MY CAR DOOR WHILE ON THE INTERSTATE!"

clockwork_by_zy0rg-d4yyjny.gif

world-cup-2014-14-brazil-vs-mexico-4810539213520896.2-hp.gif

roofpizza.gif

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
OH lets see...

I can think of at least 3 perhaps you ran out of gas; perhaps your car overheated and seized; perhaps your battery died. There are a lot of reason you might, after sitting in traffic, open a door.
And when you open your car door in traffic, you are required by law to check behind you for any incoming vehicles, just because your pussy is sore that there are people who are lane splitting, doesn't give you the right to intentionally harm them. I ride my bike everywhere and the amount of times I've nearly been doored is more than I can count.
tumblr_mix10sRJgs1rlmfrlo1_400.gif

tumblr_mygsgnGC601t8dafqo1_500.gif

tumblr_n1v3oo3Xu61s4ks7qo1_500.gif

XVASBJ8.gif

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
And when you open your car door in traffic, you are required by law to check behind you for any incoming vehicles, just because your pussy is sore that there are people who are lane splitting, doesn't give you the right to intentionally harm them. I ride my bike everywhere and the amount of times I've nearly been doored is more than I can count.
tumblr_n1v3oo3Xu61s4ks7qo1_500.gif
Oh I don't give a fuck if you guys get killed doing it. It Ain't my problem you seem to be the fellow living in fantasy land where what aught to happen does happen. There are also these things called accidents; I reckon you had one this morning when you got out of bed... since we are being personal and calling each other names and insults. Do you also justify that cyclist in the gif above running a stop sign? Would it be the bus drivers fault there too?

Also boobs.

tumblr_n7hgohbmYv1stvgzao1_400.gif

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Cyclists are the scum of humanity. I'm in DC, and these fucking assholes in their x-mas tree light garb take up whole fucking lanes of roads when there are no bike lanes. So you have a line of cars behind them waiting in turn to pass. They don't stop for red lights either, oh no. They're a car only when it's convenient. I'd mow all of them over without a moment hesitation.

rrr_img_69565.jpg

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Oh I don't give a fuck if you guys get killed doing it. It Ain't my problem you seem to be the fellow living in fantasy land where what aught to happen does happen. There are also these things called accidents; I reckon you had one this morning when you got out of bed... since we are being personal and calling each other names and insults. Do you also justify that cyclist in the gif above running a stop sign? Would it be the bus drivers fault there too?
No, the cyclist is an idiot when running red lights/stop signs. Only time I'll go through a red is at like 1-3am and no cars at all around when I'm biking home cause I don't trust the bar crowd to see me at a stop even with my lights on. I'd say if ever person who drove, had to commute via bicycle for one month, a lot of the attitudes about running reds/stop signs would change but this is Merica where you drive an eight seat SUV by yourself to work and back.

As for taking the lane, sometimes it's necessary but day to day/street to street it's hard to say. This is how a cyclist views the bike lane if he doesn't want to get doored.
Dual-Hazard-Zone-BL-on-Hillsborough-St.jpg

tumblr_lwqu1x8XQk1r50hqmo1_400.gif

tumblr_m48zwhjU1S1rtgi4bo1_400.gif

Also boobs
Actually they arent called accidents. They are traffic collisions because someones at fault. Accidents rarely happen, someone fucking up and doing something their not supposed to be doing causes the collision.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Gunna need to see a reference on the "it's illegal to open your door without looking' claim.

Also add to that list, getting out of your car to walk up a little ways and see why traffic is stopped, and get out to piss. Those are the last 2 times I got opened my door on a highway. But that's probably because I don't get to pick off lane splitters.

If it was a problem around here, I'd probably carry some sort of wire and just open my window and get the guy in the next car to hold the other end. That way the motorcyclist doesn't damage my door.

crotch-gun-o.gif

Gunna need to see a reference on the "it's illegal to open your door without looking' claim.

Also add to that list, getting out of your car to walk up a little ways and see why traffic is stopped, and get out to piss. Those are the last 2 times I got opened my door on a highway. But that's probably because I don't get to pick off lane splitters.

If it was a problem around here, I'd probably carry some sort of wire and just open my window and get the guy in the next car to hold the other end. That way the motorcyclist doesn't damage my door.

crotch-gun-o.gif
V C Section 22517 Opening and Closing Doors
Opening and Closing Doors

22517. No person shall open the door of a vehicle on the side available to moving traffic unless it is reasonably safe to do so and can be done without interfering with the movement of such traffic, nor shall any person leave a door open upon the side of a vehicle available to moving traffic for a period of time longer than necessary to load or unload passengers.

Why the fuck would you need to see why traffic is stopped? Whats it going to change when youre in stopped traffic, cant go anywhere, when you know its a stalled car, or a school bus on fire? The reason traffic is stopped doesnt matter at all.

Also, I hope the next time you get out of your car to take a piss, you get busted and put on a sex offender list for the rest of your life because thats illegal too.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
V C Section 22517 Opening and Closing Doors
Opening and Closing Doors

22517. No person shall open the door of a vehicle on the side available to moving traffic unless it is reasonably safe to do so and can be done without interfering with the movement of such traffic, nor shall any person leave a door open upon the side of a vehicle available to moving traffic for a period of time longer than necessary to load or unload passengers.

Why the fuck would you need to see why traffic is stopped? Whats it going to change when youre in stopped traffic, cant go anywhere, when you know its a stalled car, or a school bus on fire? The reason traffic is stopped doesnt matter at all.

Also, I hope the next time you get out of your car to take a piss, you get busted and put on a sex offender list for the rest of your life because thats illegal too.
Did you miss the moving traffic line? We're talking about a traffic jam, so no one is legally moving.

No one answered my question about whether the lane splitting tards think it's cool for a car to ride the shoulder to get around traffic.

ynnDyvW.gif

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No one answered my question about whether the lane splitting tards think it's cool for a car to ride the shoulder to get around traffic.
No, that needs to be cleared for those who break down and can get out of the way or to give emergency response vehicles a clear path. Motorcyclists literally do nothing to harm you when they split lanes like that. Except for fueling your apparent out of control road rage I guess.

bikesmash2.gif

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cyclists are the scum of humanity. I'm in DC, and these fucking assholes in their x-mas tree light garb take up whole fucking lanes of roads when there are no bike lanes. So you have a line of cars behind them waiting in turn to pass. They don't stop for red lights either, oh no. They're a car only when it's convenient. I'd mow all of them over without a moment hesitation.

rrr_img_69565.jpg
you are not alone
car-takes-out-innocent-bikers-gif.jpg

Did you miss the moving traffic line? We're talking about a traffic jam, so no one is legally moving.

ynnDyvW.gif
How fucking retarded are you? Just because the cars are stopped doesnt mean that motorcycle cant go through. Its called lane sharing and its legal to do in California. Obviously there was traffic moving (The motorcycle that hit the door because he didnt check his mirror) so the driver that opens his door is at fault.

Driving in the shoulder is illegal. How is that even the same thing. Its black and white. The thing youre complaining about is legal to do and your example is illegal.