The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
IV is out for iOS. It's pretty good. I figured they'd butcher it... not so much, it seems.
If I'm going to go with "block animation" I'm going to wait for 6 or 7 then. Might just get a PSX emulator and play 7/8. The PS2 emulator seems heavy on sys-reqs for my MBP to try the other ps2 FF games.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
NEVER PLAYED IT. COME AT ME BRO.
9dbnY.png

Anybody else?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I loved it for the gameplay. The gameplayisgreat. The story is pretty much "whatever" and not really any worse than any other Final Fantasy or RPG.
The gameplay is good, but it's not enough to bring me back. I will say that I found the combat/monster system in 13-2 was far better than 13; and I actually am one of the few that liked 13. I just got to the last area, and the 1-2 hours before getting here where they really went heavy into the story really sealed the game's fate for me. I mean, we didn't care about what happened at the end of 13 at all, then SUDDENLY we remember it all. And when you look at Caius, you really don't see ultimate badguy material. He looks like Steven Tyler in the 80's.

Kefka was a badass. Sephiroth was a badass (mostly). Even the judges in FF12 were more badass. Caius is a letdown.

With all that said... the last boss of 13 was O_O as well. I remember getting to that battle and going "what the fuck is this shit." Did not look as expected to me. Plus I killed it in one try easily. I was a bit overpowered as I grinded some major levels in that little grinding loop you could do, but I thought it would put up more of a fight.

Picture for reference:
rrr_img_5114.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The gameplay is good, but it's not enough to bring me back. I will say that I found the combat/monster system in 13-2 was far better than 13; and I actually am one of the few that liked 13. I just got to the last area, and the 1-2 hours before getting here where they really went heavy into the story really sealed the game's fate for me. I mean, we didn't care about what happened at the end of 13 at all, then SUDDENLY we remember it all. And when you look at Caius, you really don't see ultimate badguy material. He looks like Steven Tyler in the 80's.

Kefka was a badass. Sephiroth was a badass (mostly). Even the judges in FF12 were more badass. Caius is a letdown.

With all that said... the last boss of 13 was O_O as well. I remember getting to that battle and going "what the fuck is this shit." Did not look as expected to me. Plus I killed it in one try easily. I was a bit overpowered as I grinded some major levels in that little grinding loop you could do, but I thought it would put up more of a fight.

Picture for reference:
rrr_img_5114.jpg
FF4 was the last time the end boss of a game was difficult. Well, I suppose 10 was a pita too. But pushover end bosses are a common theme in Final Fantasy.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
FF4 was the last time the end boss of a game was difficult. Well, I suppose 10 was a pita too. But pushover end bosses are a common theme in Final Fantasy.
Aren't the difficult bosses the extra ones?

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
iirc, the last boss of 13 was pretty tough for me at the time because I didn't do any grinding at all, I basically shot through the game as fast as possible because I read you unlocked the rest of the game once you beat it. I had the potion spam the fuck out of my party during that last fight lol.

Also...did anyone else hear the rumor back in the day that if you went to the dinosaur forest and killed some mob 4000 times or something, that you would be able to play as General Leo?
As far as I know, sketching invis enemies is the only way to get General Leo without hacks. Not to say that there's some sort of easter egg, but there may be other bugs you can exploit to similar effect.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
One of Gau's Rage's uses Shock with the same animation. Aside from hacks that's as close as you are going to get.

Caliane

Oh man. Lightning strikes. What was it, dodging 200 in a row? I think I may be suffering PTSD from that crap form years ago.
That was the straw for me.
Final fantasy died for me at about 23 dodges. Fuck this, why? I have better things to do, this is not fun.