The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Vinen

God is dead
Wow Bravely Default is overrated.

ITS LIKE OMGZ LETS TAKE PARTS OF FF1-5 AND MISMASH THEM TOGETHER WITH A TERRIBLE CAST OF CHARACTERS.

Holy fuck are all the main characters horrific.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The text of that review certainly sounds like someone describing an 8.5 (insert tired joke about IGN ad-space here). I mean, if "Lackluster story" and "Inconsistent tone" are enough for a 7, then I certainly hope that dude has never scored ANY Final Fantasy above that mark, because that describes every single game in the series except for XII, and most of them don't have the three positive things he mentioned.

And I agree 100% Dalien. Few things in the world of gaming make my blood boil faster than seeing the words "Facebook Integration". Thankfully you can disable all of it, and AFAIK the one costume you get from submitting a score from the demo is the only time you'll ever 'need' to turn it on.

Vorph

Utsusemi (one of the many samurai outfit recolors) for playing the PS3 demo.

Siegfried for posting a score to their online shit on either platform.

I've read from JP players that none of the samurai outfits are particularly good or useful (which is funny because Gamestop's pre-order bonus is like 3 or 4 of them) but the Siegfried one appears to have decent stats.

You also get outfits that look like she did in XIII and XIII-2 for having those games' saves on your system.

Edit: I see Amazon finally got their shit together with pre-order codes. In the past I've always received a game from UPS and then had to go find an Amazon rep to give me my pre-order codes. This time they sent them out on Monday.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Few things in the world of gaming make my blood boil faster than seeing the words "Facebook Integration". Thankfully you can disable all of it, and AFAIK the one costume you get from submitting a score from the demo is the only time you'll ever 'need' to turn it on.
Thanks, that's good to know.

Utsusemi (one of the many samurai outfit recolors) for playing the PS3 demo.

Siegfried for posting a score to their online shit on either platform.

I've read from JP players that none of the samurai outfits are particularly good or useful (which is funny because Gamestop's pre-order bonus is like 3 or 4 of them) but the Siegfried one appears to have decent stats.

You also get outfits that look like she did in XIII and XIII-2 for having those games' saves on your system.

Edit: I see Amazon finally got their shit together with pre-order codes. In the past I've always received a game from UPS and then had to go find an Amazon rep to give me my pre-order codes. This time they sent them out on Monday.
Supposedly the Yuna costume from the Amazon preorder (as ridiculous as it is) is pretty decent, I'm guessing it's a healer skillset? Swapping in Mediguard worked well for healing in the demo but I'm guessing that won't cut it for the real game.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw, if anyone was wondering why their Magic Damage suddenly tanked when switching between classes, this is why:

Magic damage is based on four major factors:

• The difference between the caster's M. Atk and the target's M. Def.
  • The job level of the caster. (The actual job doesn't matter). For every job level, damage from magic increases by about 20%.
  • Any resistances/weaknesses or other ability effects.
  • What the spell is. Spells from the same tier (eg Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Aero and Quake) do the same damage if the other three factors are unchanged.
While grinding up different jobs I definitely noticed it. Job level is pretty huge.

Vaclav

Merchant just seems ridiculous, period - the money attack is doing more damage for me than any Friend link thing I've got so far (L6 is where I've capped my Merchant ATM though - doing lots of getting every class to 6 rather than focusing with all the unlocks and such)

PS - Ringabel is awesome, F the haters. Tiz and Agnes are a tad downsy though.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Speaking of friends. Ya'll need to send special moves more often, so I can defeat all sorts of nemesis at low levels. Apparently they dont refresh on 0:00 GMT, or at least none of the ones I used yesterday did.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Didn't pre-order Lightning Returns, so I'll miss out on the extra costumes, but probably picking it up tonight.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Btw, if anyone was wondering why their Magic Damage suddenly tanked when switching between classes, this is why:

While grinding up different jobs I definitely noticed it. Job level is pretty huge.
I assume this is the same thing with physical jobs? the higher the job level seems to have more hits per attack?
I definitely noticed that with the magic system and just assumed this for physical jobs

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This was something i was just considering waiting on the PS-Now service to play anyways so no love lost. I'm sure it will still sell like hotcakes due to the name/brand but hopefully this shit sends a clear message to stop fucking up.

Yeah right we're going to endure these meh RPGs until some other big budget studio comes along and makes something glorious akin to Ni-No-Kuni but a bit more mature.

Vorph

Still have not seen a LR review where the final score jived with the text written about the game. It's like every review got an extra -2 "just 'cause."

Not that I give a shit really. It certainly doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game, it just annoys me that the same "flaws" LR has were present in plenty of other games which are critical darlings, and LR does other things far better than those games--especially the combat system.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't trust reviews for FF games anymore, and especially from a lot of places that get their pockets lined by other companies (and maybe even SE).

Needless

Toe Sucker
So what have you guys been unlocking in Norende? I've been doing the weapon shop but i think i'll do the accessories now that i have a level 8(?) shop.
Growth Egg + Golden Egg seems like something that should be gotten immediately. (double exp/jp but no pg) or (double gold but no exp/jp) they also don't stack obviously.

I also need to stop being a lazy ass and send a better attack lol

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So what have you guys been unlocking in Norende? I've been doing the weapon shop but i think i'll do the accessories now that i have a level 8(?) shop.
Growth Egg + Golden Egg seems like something that should be gotten immediately. (double exp/jp but no pg) or (double gold but no exp/jp) they also don't stack obviously.

I also need to stop being a lazy ass and send a better attack lol
I worked on the weapon shop but I cant afford any of the weapons i've researched so there is probably no point in going further. I have 12 or 13 villagers so doing half and half into accessories and armor.

PS. I added everyone in the thread, add me if you havent: 1719-4294-1837