The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hooray, awesomeness I hoped for without having to lift a finger. Easy to go through every couple days if people keep it UTD.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hooray, awesomeness I hoped for without having to lift a finger. Easy to go through every couple days if people keep it UTD.
Open to anyone with the link add yourself to it (and check that I got them right).

Vaclav

Yepyep Google Docs is perfect for this sort of thing as long as it's left open.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I almost broke down and bought a 2DS to play this.. then I saw how gay a 2DS looks (no hinges, wtf??). Maybe one day.

It was painful enough trying to get my wife to let me buy Lightning Returns on the day we applied for a mortgage

Vorph

I almost broke down and bought a 2DS to play this.. then I saw how gay a 2DS looks (no hinges, wtf??).
Hinges aren't possible because there's only one LCD that's partitioned by the plastic divider. That's how they make it cheaper than the 3DS.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
LR seems fun so far. I had some DLC garbs waiting for me (presumably from the demo and beating 13/13-2; 3 garbs in total), so make sure you guys grab that when you make it to the Ark. Otherwise enjoying it so far.

Vorph

The stats on DLC costumes are pretty cheater-y compared to legit gear at the beginning, but the game is also fairly hard on normal difficulty. The Cloud pre-order one is the only one I'd completely avoid using if you don't want to cheat. Slayer just does way too much damage to staggered targets, for the first 2-3 days anyway.

And I'm loving the game so far.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah when I looked at the stats I went O_O, but I'm missing "Attack" for them right now so I only upgraded to the Utsusemi over the mage one.

Vorph

Yeah when I looked at the stats I went O_O, but I'm missing "Attack" for them right now so I only upgraded to the Utsusemi over the mage one.
Make sure to actually do the tutorial for ability synthesis at the first Sorcery Shop. If you skip it, you don't get a free Attack I that gets synth'ed up one tier during the tutorial. The free ones can even be yellow-name if you're lucky.

Thought someone said it was just all thier leftover standard 3ds screens stuck into 2d mode...who knows- I am sure there is a breakdown somewhere :p
No, it's definitelyone big LCD. It's actually even much larger than it needed to be, for some strange reason that only makes sense to Nintendo.

Siliconemelons

Make sure to actually do the tutorial for ability synthesis at the first Sorcery Shop. If you skip it, you don't get a free Attack I that gets synth'ed up one tier during the tutorial. The free ones can even be yellow-name if you're lucky.

No, it's definitelyone big LCD. It's actually even much larger than it needed to be, for some strange reason that only makes sense to Nintendo.
Yeah that is kind of silly, you would have thought- if they where going to over size it- make it bigger than the standard 3ds yet not as big as the XL to give it a little more market appeal. - the viewable areas that is.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Added myself to the list, and sent friend requests to the people already there (were 3-4 that had incorrect codes on the list)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Yeah just started. Whats difference for yellow names?

icarr757_sl

shitlord
Ok, I am DS stupid. I started over, didnt realize the blonde girl was much superior fighter than caster, how the hell do you delete a save game slot? Thanks!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I am DS stupid. I started over, didnt realize the blonde girl was much superior fighter than caster, how the hell do you delete a save game slot? Thanks!
Eh? Why not just start leveling a new class? Character levels and class levels are separate.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, you don't need to start over dude. Any character can be any job, just switch her over. Also, they're not massively better one way or the other - it's a few point difference and only extreme min-maxers would really care.

Vaclav

To be frank you want everyone max in everything eventually if you're going complete Min-Max anyhow. It's not like you hit 60 in Job Levels and it stops (or even slows) new ones.